B's - Nashville 2/11 New Beginning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

B's - Nashville 2/11 New Beginning

Ever since the vancouver game this team has been very inconsistent. I never expected them to maintain their level of play before but I think they are certainly better then what they've showed since. What worried me then was how indiciplined they were in the Vancouver game and the Ranger game. A team that won 3 games 7's en route to a Cup months before.  should show more poise than that..

Last nights 6-0 game against Buffalo was just what they needed. One might think they were undiciplined but I don't. I think they were angry. I loved how the captain went back after Kaleta. I actually liked that penalty. I really liked how they stood up for each other how McQuaid hit Kaleta then Lucic followed up with a cross check. Trust me, starting versus Nashville things will change for the better, they'll get back to the basics . Last nights game was a long time coming. You could see bits of it building up even though they looked real good against Washington. Thats how good this team is. Even in a rut they can still pull one out of a hat, now you'll see that more consistently..I really think they miss Horton, we get him back and all the lines can return back to what they were. I expect a different team Saturday afternoon, even though theyre play on Saturday afternoon games is lousy. It starts saturday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: B's - Nashville 2/11 New Beginning

I hope your right Kelv, Nashvile is a very good team, and are very well coached. They are going to need all hands on deck for Saturday. A win against them could give them a much needed confidence boost.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Bruins have to face Rinne, Lundqvist, and Price in the next three games. What we need most is the defense to stop making stupid decisions, as the next three should be close games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

rangers game was the last good one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Pens wasn't bad and Caps was well played.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: B's - Nashville 2/11 New Beginning:[QUOTE] Pens wasn't bad and Caps was well played. Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

And I agree with 86 the Rangers was a well played game. The offense I don't think is going to improve until Horton returns or until a trade is made or Krejci awakes from his slumber. It's the defense that I'm worried about more at this point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

I know this has been beaten to death, but everyone can see that Corvo is killing us with his givaways....another brutal one that ended up in the back of the net last night. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

watching Corvo play lately makes me pine for dennis wideman. well not really but I had to bump this up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think Corvo has a terrible attitude! Did you see his reaction last nite after the 6th goal! Did you see Bergeron's! It's not too hard to tell who gives a dang on this team! If the B's can't get rid of Corvo, look for him to be the 7th D! Also, I'm wondering what the heck is he doing on his pinches & fires the puck at the near impossible angle? He's been trying that for a month now! Dez? You're a d-man. Do you shoot the puck a lot from there? I know he's hoping for a good rebound chance, but you try those once every 3-5 games. You don't make it the norm do you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins have to face Rinne, Lundqvist, and Price in the next three games. What we need most is the defense to stop making stupid decisions, as the next three should be close games.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Agree.

Predicting we don't win again until Montreal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]I know this has been beaten to death, but everyone can see that Corvo is killing us with his givaways....another brutal one that ended up in the back of the net last night. 
    Posted by TurkS16[/QUOTE]

Agree.

He had his chance and it just didn't pan out... time to move on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I hope so to Kel. I'm hoping to see the fire from them that we've seen this season when they went on that crazy stretch of wins. I know its not possible to keep up for a whole season but if they could just bring it for a few games in a row they should build up the momentum to keep winning at the same rate the have been.

Then again, if they're just saving it all for the playoffs. That's cool with me too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Preds are no pushover.  Living here in Toronto they're not often on TSN or any of the other local channels.  Earlier this year I was curious about their club and how they've maintained their level of competitveness with the 19th ranked team salary so I've watched perhaps four of their games online.  One thing I saw consistent in all; win or lose, they seemed to keep coming at their opponents until the game was over.  They outworked people.  Julien and the Bruins know this. The team knows what they have to do to win and on the heels of last night they'll show it Saturday.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Finally, FINALLY - a great hockey thread!

First of all, I generally agree with Kel...this should be a TSN turning point for the B's. Put the Sabres game behind them and get back to basics.

I am looking forward to the next 3 games.

- Nashville is a very steady team (although they lost to Ottawa 4-3 tonight)
    - we have a statement to make against the NYR on Tuesday and keep pace with them
    - Montreal is always a gut wrencher for me...hate to lose to themno matter where we sit in the standings. They are also starting to win a few games and have ideas that they're still in the race.

RE: Corvo...I too get frustrated with his turnovers and bad decisions.
    But I have to disagree with kelvana and his dislike for Wideman.
    I always thought he got a bad rap by many when he was here; he is a steady Dman (2 assists and a great 2 on 1 chance in a losing cause tonight). There were a couple of times lately we could have used his defense over Corvo's.

But that is just my opinion....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

The Preds are a solid team.  They remind me a bit of the Bruins -- scoring spread out all over the roster -- no superstar forward to key on -- some solid D-men who suck up huge minutes -- very solid in goal.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: B's - Nashville 2/11 New Beginning:
    [QUOTE]The Bruins need the referees to prop them up like they had all through the 2011 playoffs and Nov., Dec. and January. Without the refs help, the Bruins look like the frauds everybody outside Boston (and the legally blind) know they really are. If it wasn't for Quirky Campbells suck-holeing officiating crews, the Bruins wouldn't even make this years playoffs. FYI, the 2011 Cup is tainted big time.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Another troll? There is no shortage of morons anywhere you go

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Null's user name is autobiographical.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Well, it used to be a great discussion...until Null(&Void) came along.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A good thread.  I think Nahville will be an interesting game too, because good physical d-men give the Bruins trouble.  I'm looking forward to Lucic and Weber going into the corners together.  It'll be a good game.

Posters like null actually give me a little pleasure, because they remind me of the whiney, insecure babies that hated the Bruins so much last year and then had to sit back and watch us all celebrate.  And instead of worrying about getting their own teams better they're still whimpering about refs and rules.  Just reminds me how great it was to win last year and watch these people cry about it.  Keep crying...your tears sustain me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Nashville does play a good game, and Trotz is a very good coach who prepares his team for each game. Claude is similiar, and it should be a fun game to watch, just like the Rangers game, which was the best game of the year, so far. Hopefully Boychuck thinks first; and the Bruins legs are strong. With all the non-hockey harrassment on Timmy I'd prefer to see Rask on Saturday and Timmy on Tuesday. At the same time, Rask did play a great game against the Rangers last time. I just think Rask needs more consistent work. Can't be practicing all the time and then perform at your best in a game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rejoice NHL Network isn't pulling the Bruins off NHL Center Ice tomorrow!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

In Response to Re: B's - Nashville 2/11 New Beginning:
    [QUOTE]The Bruins need the referees to prop them up like they had all through the 2011 playoffs and Nov., Dec. and January. Without the refs help, the Bruins look like the frauds everybody outside Boston (and the legally blind) know they really are. If it wasn't for Quirky Campbells suck-holeing officiating crews, the Bruins wouldn't even make this years playoffs. FYI, the 2011 Cup is tainted big time.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Stop sniffing glue, you knob! You sound like a typical delusional Canucks fan. Loser.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Some streaks and stats headed into today's game :

Campbell scoreless in 6 games played.
    Paille scoreless in 6.
    Thornton scoreless in 8.
    Ference scoreless in 4.
    Kelly 2 points in 15 games. Both empty net points.
    Krejci 1 assist in last 6 games.
    Boychuk 2 assists in last 22 games.
    Pouliot 1 assist in 10 games. ( Stanley, what's with that ? )
    Tuukka 0-3-1 in last 4 games. Hasn't won since Jan. 16/12

And on the bright side :

Peverly 7 points in his last 9 games
    Bergeron 7 in 7.
    Seidenburg 4 in 6.
    Chara and Corvo 3 in 5.
    Lucic 6 in 8.