B's need a trade NOW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: B's need a trade NOW

In Response to B's need a trade NOW:
    This is simply unacceptable ....losing at home against the Wild ...we are now 1-9-1 against the Wild UNREAL .... We need an addition to the team ...our 1st round pick + Colbourne + Ferrence + a forward for a good young D ....NOW Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if PC makes a trade)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

3 players and a 1st rounder for a good young  D man?Let's get your prediction numbers up before we let you start making trades.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

And they may already have that good young D-man in Kampfer. I feel a lot better about this team than I did a month ago. Let see how they bode in the upcoming heavy schedule of games. This may have been a typical let down game after returning home from a long road trip.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

hey Steve, can't hardly wait for Saturday's game :) and looks like Pittsburgh rested Crosby tonite in anticipation of Monday's B's visit.. Some times you just can't win for losing...  I actually don't feel a lot better about this team as I did a while ago..I think changes are coming and I don't mean moving Daniel Paille..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Nor can I cowboys9. This will be a test of their mettle for good or for bad. Pit and I believe Philly is coming up soon also. So these are "do you have it or not ?" games in the next week or two. Let's hope for the best on the ice...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: B's need a trade NOW:
    We've seen enough this season, basically halfway through it, to know what we have.  Almost every one of these players has shown occasional flashes of what they are supposed to be, but can't do it day in and day out.  THe problem is deeper than a trade. Ex 1: Wheeler turned it on for 3 days and promptly went back to a ZERO. Ex 2: Horton wakes up after 12 game slumber. Ex 3: Lucic has been somnambulating on ice for about 15 games now. Ex 4: Krejci is up and down and up and down and up and... Ex 5: Bergy (see Krejci) Ex 6: Chara play when he wants to. Ex 7: Ryder found an extra move/step, found his scoring touch for a few games and back to oblivion. Ex 8: Boychuck? Report to the game please. Ex 9: Recchi is wearing down. Ex 10: Savard. How long will it take? Ference, Thornton, Seidenberg, Campbell are playing well for their roles. Marchand, Kampfer are really pleasant surprises. Seguin is gonna need a year to come into his own at minimum. Paille is useless. Thomas and Rask - our goalies - are the only guys living up to their billing. THIS IS A BIGGER THAN A TRADE.  IT'S AN ATTITUDE OF NOT GIVING EFFORT = WHO DO YOU POINT THE FINGER AT?
    Posted by ipot

All good examples. All good reasons why a trade of SOME KIND is needed. For the past 3 seasons PC has shown patience, making deals only in the off-season and building for that "future", which I argue after 38 years, is now until they win the Cup.

A trade won't get likely get much for a great # of factors--most being that the B's are dealing from a position of relative weakness given the very players we'd want to move for their lack of consistent effort/talent/whatever you want to deem it. In other words--we try to dump Ryder b/c he shows flashes then plays like he did last night (non entity). If we see that, any other GM sees that too. They see Ryder and his contract and say "meh."

Same w/Wheeler. Same with Paille, (only worse). The only real bullets in PC's gun are one of the yong D-men (Stuart the most attractive, despite coming off injury) and Boychuk, who's having a down year from last year.....and of course, that Toronto draft pick, which is his main dealing point.

My feeling is that PC must roll the dice and use that pick and a combination of a Prov. prospect AND some form of a Wheeler and/orRyder/Stuart package to get something significant in return, and do it if for no other reason than standing pat the past 3 years w/essentially this same group has produced playoff losses in rounds 1,2 and 2 respectively.

The team needs a physical and emotional jolt. The fans need some indication that mgt. is willing to do more than keep building for a future that never seems to come. The rest of the league needs to see a Bruins team that isn't so utterly predictable in its roster and manner of playing (chip pucks in, hope for a lead, lean on your goalies.)

If they were frustrated by the Wild last nite imagine how dispiriting these next few games could be against the cream of the league's crop. If they head into another 1-3-1 tailspin and PC doesn't do SOMETHING to shake the foundation, it's on him and JJ b/c sure as the sun will shine THIS group of Bruins looks bound for little more than a 2d round KO.......again.

Those who can't stand any criticism of the B's will point to the recent 8 of 10 pts in the road trip--which were terrific; I won't argue that. But I will argue that while road games are tough to win, the teams they played on that trip were not exactly the league;s scariest. And they were fortunate to have a bad call go their way in the win v. Tampa.

Again, b4 I get slammed for being a "whiner", let me reiterate my point, which is steeped in realism, not complaint:

For the playoffs, this Bruins team is good. But they aint good enough.

and I think it's mgt's responsibility to take some chances to get them closer to the latter instead of the former.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I have deep deep doubts that the deal people want to see is out there to make, especially if you're thinking they can go the Stanley route and just keep adding dimes to the pile to exchange for a dollar.  Wheeler, Paille, our second best draft pick, a guy most people consider fragile and overpaid, and some prospects who've performed less than spectacularly in the AHL.  Unless Mike O'Connell's back in the big chair somewhere, or JFJr, or 1990 Doug Riseborough, no dice. 

Come to think of it, yeah, what they really need is to figure out who is 1990 Doug Riseborough right now.  Who's the guy who's willing to deal 5 for 5 throwing in a Gilmour for a Leeman?  Bruins five could be Wheeler, Boychuck, Paille, Bartkowski, Colborne plus the Bruin 1st rounder.  For...?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

rough game last night but if Savard doesn't make that pass we go to OT

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjd57. Show rjd57's posts

No question a trade is needed, or no cup this year. The only way they'll come close to winning is if Thomas and Rask pitch shutouts every other game.

Tired of watching this team lean on their goalies every game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

PC has one job to do before the trade deadline and I mean BEFORE the trade deadline and it's to get a quarterback for the PowerPlay !!!! Someone that can pick up the puck and carry it across the blueline, no dumping it in and chase, a player that can hold the puck and let his unit setup.
    Last night (just like the Canadian WJC needed that clincher) they needed at least 1 goal on the PPs they had , just 1 goal and the Bruins win this game.
    A team like the Wild you need to be ahead of them to be effective to win and the Bruins never were. 1st period at 0-0 Bruins had PPs and when it was 1-1 they had 2-3 PPs, you have to put it in and take the lead !
    Well tomorrow it's the Habs and if this team from last night shows Bruins lose big.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

This team has enough talent to win.  They just don't have the heart and i think that stems from the Coach and the Captain.  Something needs to be shaken up before this becomes a lost season.  I know i will hear well they are in first place BLAH BLAH BLAH. NO ONE on this board can tell me this team is consistent enough to make a run in the playoffs.  I have stopped even watching this team play as its so frustrating watching professional Grown men skate around disinterested in physical play and winning.   CAM ITS TIME FOR A SHAKE UP

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

This team has enough talent to win.  They just don't have the heart and i think that stems from the Coach and the Captain.  Something needs to be shaken up before this becomes a lost season.  I know i will hear well they are in first place BLAH BLAH BLAH. NO ONE on this board can tell me this team is consistent enough to make a run in the playoffs.  I have stopped even watching this team play as its so frustrating watching professional Grown men skate around disinterested in physical play and winning.   CAM ITS TIME FOR A SHAKE UP
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

Not to be picky but if you've stopped watching them play,how do you know what they're capable of?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

In Response to Re: B's need a trade NOW : Not to be picky but if you've stopped watching them play,how do you know what they're capable of?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Because i watched them play for the first 37 or so games of the season before i became to disgusted

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I have deep deep doubts that the deal people want to see is out there to make, especially if you're thinking they can go the Stanley route and just keep adding dimes to the pile to exchange for a dollar.  Wheeler, Paille, our second best draft pick, a guy most people consider fragile and overpaid, and some prospects who've performed less than spectacularly in the AHL.  Unless Mike O'Connell's back in the big chair somewhere, or JFJr, or 1990 Doug Riseborough, no dice.  Come to think of it, yeah, what they really need is to figure out who is 1990 Doug Riseborough right now.  Who's the guy who's willing to deal 5 for 5 throwing in a Gilmour for a Leeman?  Bruins five could be Wheeler, Boychuck, Paille, Bartkowski, Colborne plus the Bruin 1st rounder.  For...?
    Posted by Bookboy007

This is a good question. 
    Before anyone can just throw names out of a hat (ie Bogosian I wish, Thrashers making playoffs this year and will not trade him) you need to make a list of teams that are going to pack it in as they most likely won't make the playoffs. Then there's the teams that have UFA's and won't pay the big $$$ or a team that has a surplus of what's needed for the Bruins (unlikely).
    Some of these teams have a combination of all of these and that's a team or teams you want to zero in on.
    This is why it's so hard to make good trades today and all these blogs, rumors and talk are just smoke screens.
    I'll leave the GM position for you Stanley.
    Are you at the game "demain" ?  I am.  Undecided

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: B's need a trade NOW : Because i watched them play for the first 37 or so games of the season before i became to disgusted
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

That makes more sense then.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

PC has one job to do before the trade deadline and I mean BEFORE the trade deadline and it's to get a quarterback for the PowerPlay !!!! Someone that can pick up the puck and carry it across the blueline, no dumping it in and chase, a player that can hold the puck and let his unit setup. Last night (just like the Canadian WJC needed that clincher) they needed at least 1 goal on the PPs they had , just 1 goal and the Bruins win this game. A team like the Wild you need to be ahead of them to be effective to win and the Bruins never were. 1st period at 0-0 Bruins had PPs and when it was 1-1 they had 2-3 PPs, you have to put it in and take the lead ! Well tomorrow it's the Habs and if this team from last night shows Bruins lose big.
    Posted by BsLegion

Agreed, BsLegion, but for this Bruins team I would stretch the point you make about being ahead to win...and not just against the Wild. The Bruins are almost hopeless when trailing in games entering the 3rd period. (Someone out there will have the stat for this year but it's atrocious.) But watching that game last night you KNEW, you just KNEW, they were never going to get that equalizer...and that's indicative of a major probem w/this team: They don't have that extra sniper--that other winger who can be deadly consistently (Horton goes MIA for weeks at a time, as does Lucic, as does Ryder, as does Wheeler), and that's just not going to get ou anywhere in the playoffs.

Seguin has the potential to be that guy, but it's too much to ask of him at 18. Krejci is still a winderful player but he is held back by having Wheels and Ryder as his go-to guys....he needs a sniper to feed.

and your point about the PP is also true--the B's PP at times looks so anemic and desperate you can understand why the boo birds come out. I watch other teams on the PP skate into opposing zones like they;re out for a stoll...they set up easy and quick and before you know it shots are raining down.....I watch the B's on the PP and just getting cleanly across the blue line is like watching Homer Simpson try to scale a chain link fence....it's just a jumbled, ugly, utterly un-graceful and ungainly thing.

I don't know as much as other posters here about the intricacies of which available free agents have expiring contracts, or what we may or may not have to give up to get someone. But if I were PC I would start scouring the clubs that are not going to the dance for sure and start talking....NOW. I like Matt Moulson of the Islanders. Talk to them. I like Langenbrunner (altho' I don't want to have an old man's club; watching Recchi this year is painful)...but Langenbrunner is still south of 40....so...talk to NJ. But talk. Do SOMETHING.

I do not think this is a lack of will/effort/heart as some believe. This team needs SOME new blood, it needs a jolt of new talent to address NEEDS that are obvious. If it means giving up a guy we like (Stuart) or a chip we have in hand (Tor. draft pick) to shake things up and ptentially make the team better by addressing those needs, well,  that's the cost of leadership. But driving this ship into the 2011 playoff waters is just asking to be sunk, and not long after leaving port.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Amen. Last nite they were outplayed and outcoached, although the other team did nothing spectacular. As far as outplayed it was the likes of Ryder, Wheeler, boychuck, Chara, Thornton, Lucic who were outplayed because they stayed home in mind and spirit. As far as outcoached, until Claude swaps Recchi and Marchand , he will be out coached; and when he tries to mix, as in the 3rd period he has no clue as to who will play well with who. Therefore any trade would just add to the confusion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

and your point about the PP is also true--the B's PP at times looks so anemic and desperate you can understand why the boo birds come out. I watch other teams on the PP skate into opposing zones like they;re out for a stoll...they set up easy and quick and before you know it shots are raining down.....I watch the B's on the PP and just getting cleanly across the blue line is like watching Homer Simpson try to scale a chain link fence....it's just a jumbled, ugly, utterly un-graceful and ungainly thing.

That is well said! I completely agree.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

What is a player like Marchand doing on the 4th line ....and when will CJ starts giving Seguin some power play time and MORE ice time ????? Seguin played 13:27mins last night while Taylor Hall played nearly 20mins (19:56) .....

Marchand is becoming one of the fastest skater in the NHL and he plays on the 4th line ...made some great passes last night , need to play with more talented players ....time to shake up this team ...we have talent but missing a little something that Luci was giving us in his 1st season ....what happened to Looch ????  

I want PC's job and believe me this team will start kicking azzzzzz...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (If I get the GM's job)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from genoisback. Show genoisback's posts

trade that bum thomas

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

At this point in the season I would have to agree with some here about Recchi: He does not belong on the second line. Put Marchand, Bergeron and Seguin on the same line and watch the magic... lots of speed and smarts (Bergeron) WILL produce. Use Recchi on the PP.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Stanley, hall plays for EDM, not really the same when comparing ice time of a rookie.. Seguin is also more suited at center then wing, hall would have more minutes here primarily as a wing because he would have been a better fit..

On a side note, you can have your trade as long as you package wheeler in that deal, based on your analysis of him, he should be enough to land us doughty, or johnson, or johnson straight up, we might even be able to get a 1st rounded coming back our way...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This Bruins team with it's current lineup will not get past the 2nd round. I'm just hoping Chiarelli doesn't wait too long to shake things up as a few tweaks in the lineup will definitely help and wake some players up on this team that think their job is safe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

The talent is there.  The heart and desire is not.  Most importantly, the execusion is not.

This team looks scared to death when they have whatever you'd like to call "puck possession" with this team (HINT:  there isn't much at all).  They have been unable to make consistent clean breakouts.  We're talking about a professional hockey player making a cross-ice tape-to-tape pass.  I'm not expecting a 100% success rate, but these guys should be making those passes more often than not.  Also, board play on the breakouts has been terrible all year.  Lucic and Recchi have been particularly awful at angling (with sticks and skates alike) pucks off the boards for their centers to take up ice.

I really thought that the Atlanta game a few weeks ago was a turning point for the team.  I was hoping that it would make them realize that if they play with desire, they can play with anyone.  Who the heck looked frustrated last night?  It's the all too familiar feeling that the team is going through the motions.

As I've been saying for a while, the system is important to winning games, but it is more important to make creative hockey moves and TRY TO SCORE.  The fact that Sean Thornton has understood this better than any other Bruins is a disgrace (no offense to Sean).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Thornton has understood this better than any other Bruins is a disgrace (no offense to Sean).

Last nite he was the ONLY BRUIN who went into Theodore's kitchen & caused a stir! With the so called "BIG" forwards the B's have? That's pathetic! Who told Lucic he has a finesse game? That's not what got Looch in the NHL! That's not why us Bruin fans clammed onto him! Why is he spending so much time in the perimeter? Wheeler? Sorry Stanley, but my 11 yr old daughter has more jam! He's 6 5" & supposedly bulked up to be stronger? PWWWTT to that!

Sections
Shortcuts