B's not playing for Rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Re: B's not playing for Rask

OK nas since you are "in" with all the other teams, are they doing this with just Rask or all the butterfly goalies? Do do know that style, which 80% of all goalies use now, is designed to go down on all shots to maximize low net coverage, and use positioning ad reflexes for high shots, right? This is not something new that teams just "discovered" this past offseason... 

Pretty impressive that all of the other teams report to you with their offseason strategies, yet you still find time for your thousands of posts here. I would have just figured the rest of the league would have watched the goalies during the season to formulate strategies on upcoming games, but if you say they do that in the offseason then you must be correct! I feel silly, now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I said it earlier and I'll say it again, Rask is playing very well, and as BB said, the Subban shot was misplayed. Subban said he missed it and it floated, so maybe Rask expected a hard slapper . Whatever. In every game but the early one in Prague,most of the goals have been flaky like in the Rangers game, with Carlson's screened bullet a good goal for Carlson. Now take a look at Timmy, brilliant and then 4 goals in two periods in Pittsburgh. Is Timmy's style easier to beat up high? The Pitt coach said, they are giving us the sides so we can barrel in and then converge on the goalie.  Maybe Claude's plan is flawed. Both goalies are very good, and both need to play, so let's start alternating Claude. Be flexible if you can

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Yes it is Rask's fault the Bruins get badly out shoot every time he plays.  Rask has the same SV% as Carey Price who is 9W and 5L and a better SV% than Jimmy Howard who is 8W and 1L.  These stats show it is clearly all Tuukka's fault, I mean how dare he let the team play that badly in front of him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

danny

High energy vs efficient? Team do not play well in front of efficient? explain Roy's career then? he was effecient along with hundreds of sucsessful goalies that grasped and executed an efficient style of play. TT is labeled by you as high energy. You are seeing this so called high energy because TT has always struggled with the fundementals of movement an positioning on 2nd and up chances. You see it all the time, he will be fine for the original shot let up a rebound and struggle to be in a ready position for the following shot so he will have to dive or do a backspin or aligator roll or lose his blocker and you call this high energy? I'll admit, it looks exciting and it gets him on sports center, but it not the best way to play goal, its just desperation and sticktoitiveness, which TT does well. It just looks exciting to newbies who do not know much about goaltending

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: B's not playing for Rask:
    I'll admit, it looks exciting and it gets him on sports center, but it not the best way to play goal, its just desperation and sticktoitiveness, which TT does well. It just looks exciting to newbies who do not know much about goaltending
    Posted by MDsizzle

Looks exciting to people who look at stat sheets, also.

You and I view goaltending differently, MD.  You appear to have a goaltending background or study the heck out of it. I watch the game, view the result and form an opinion.  It's thinking like your's that kept Hasek on the in Europe and on the bench for many years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

There's way to small a sample size of Tuukka's play this season to pinpoint what the problem is.  I don't see him in a sophmore slump, I don't see the team refusing to play for him, and I don't see other teams exploiting the "high" shots anymore than in the past.

He has had some bad luck, bad timing, and hasn't been quite as sharp as he was in the middle of last season.  And sorry, if you watch the games he has had several games already with a very poor effort in front of him.  Facing 40 shots a game is part of the problem too.

Let's wait and see how he responds to the early adversity...

Sections
Shortcuts