B's Pens Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: B's Pens Game Thread

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread:
    In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Pay attention, student. Statflash: November:  1.76GAA .941SV% December:  1.97GAA .946SV% When you say, "ALL YEAR", did you mean not including that 40%?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yeah, right.  So, a hot November and December supersedes October, January, Feb and now March?

All you're doing is proving my point.  This team thinking it's good enough to turn it on and off like this is a disturbing sign. And, they keep doing it. 

I am glad you like that. Thomas got hot in November and December and then his selfish behavior was a clear distraction to the point it almost seems like he doesn't take any accountability for his own play.  He's been average or at times BAD for 2 months now.

This club ain't winning jack squat playing like this, but I am glad you can reference stats from November and December. I've forgotten more hockey than you'll ever know.

The 3rd, awful goal Thomas allowed reminded me of Miller's goal to Crosby in the 2010 Olympics.  Terrible angle. Cardinal sin type of goal for a goalie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Twice good defensive plays by Ference on Malkin. Bruins legs are starting to come around.
    Posted by kelvana33

But, see, moral victories in the 2nd priod of a game on the road, to Pitt, isn't cutting the mustard.

This is a team that has started slow constantly and it costs them games. On the heels of a bad loss at home yesterday, yet again for the second weekend in a row, they should have come out with their hair on fire.

They will lose this game (I hope they don't, obviously) because of lazy, uninspired 1st period play and bad goaltending.  Again, this is more about 60 minute effort v.s. some injury issues or playing back to back games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Yeah, right.  So, a hot November an All you're doing is proving my point.  This team thinking it's good enough to turn it on and off like this is a disturbing sign. And, they keep doing it.  I am glad you like that. Thomas got hot in November and December and then his selfish behavior was a clear distraction to the point it almost seems like he doesn't take any accountability for his own play.  He's been average or at times BAD for 2 months now. This club ain't winning jack squat playing like this, but I am glad you can reference stats from November and December. I've forgotten more hockey than you'll ever know. The 3rd, awful goal Thomas allowed reminded me of Miller's goal to Crosby in the 2010 Olympics.  Terrible angle. Cardinal sin type of goal for a goalie.
    Posted by BassFishing

James Neal coming down on a 2 on 1 during a 5 on 3 is a cardinal sin goal?

Did Thomas not showing up to White House cause Peverley and Horton to be injured? Cause thats this teams biggest problem right now.

You've played more hockey than anyone.
    You've seen more games in the old garden than anyone.
    You've forgotten more hockey than NAS will ever know.

Those are mature statements?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It's cute when Americans argue about hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Considering I don't look for scapegoats like your buddy NAS and others, yes, I am pretty sure I know what I'm talking about here. Instead of putting the onus on your leaders and their play (Chara, Thomas, MArchand, etc), and using an injury excuse,, only to continue to pretend Corvo and Rolston are losing these games, is just a way to immaturely ignore the true source of the problem here.

This team thinks they are better than they are. So, they have this mindset that they can turn it on and off.

Look at the quotes in the paper the other day. "We're turning the corner", etc.  Don't tell me. Show me.

Just because you actually won 2 games in a row means you turned the corner?  Please.  Now they lay an egg to Washington at home and get completely dominated @ Pitt in the 1st period, with a chance to right a wrong?

And please get that Canadiens avatar fixed.  It's like a Sox fan being on the Sox board with a Yankees avatar. It's moronic and makes no sense.

And yes, the James Neal goal was AWFUL. The Bruins did a great job killing the 5-3 and then a weak angle for Neal to shoot from is on Thomas. 

Yes.  Our all world goalie needs to make that save 1 on 1 with Neal having a weak angle to shoot from.  Some of you apparently will make excuses for bad play all day long.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Carolina in 2006.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Carolina had a unreal regular season that year. Was hardly a suprise cup win. 112 pt. season and going on to win a cup, didnt seem much like a fluke to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Yeah, right.  So, a hot November and December supersedes October, January, Feb and now March? All you're doing is proving my point.
    Posted by BassFishing

29 hot air balloons just crashed.  Bass Fishing has taken all of their air.

October:  2.14GAA, 9.29SV%

Not really what I'd call "underperforming ALL YEAR".

I know guys like you.  You get in discussions and you talk loudly over people.  You tell them how many ticket stubs you have and how many games you played at the amateur level.  When frustrated by friction, you insult them.  They don't dispute your statements because you convince them you know what you're talking about.

Here, we use facts and stats.  Shouting doesn't work and no one cares about your past.

Class dismissed.  Do some homework before returning to school, son.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Considering I don't look for scapegoats like your buddy NAS and others, yes, I am pretty sure I know what I'm talking about here. Instead of putting the onus on your leaders and their play (Chara, Thomas, MArchand, etc), and using an injury excuse,, only to continue to pretend Corvo and Rolston are losing these games, is just a way to immaturely ignore the true source of the problem here. This team thinks they are better than they are. So, they have this mindset that they can turn it on and off. Look at the quotes in the paper the other day. "We're turning the corner", etc.  Don't tell me. Show me. Just because you actually won 2 games in a row means you turned the corner?  Please.  Now they lay an egg to Washington at home and get completely dominated @ Pitt in the 1st period, with a chance to right a wrong? And please get that Canadiens avatar fixed.  It's like a Sox fan being on the Sox board with a Yankees avatar. It's moronic and makes no sense.
    Posted by BassFishing

Marchand has 158 games ion his resume and you're expecting him to be a leader? Do poor efforts by TT, Seids, Chara, etc., make it unacceptable to call out Corvo for his poor play? Saying someone like Corvo or Pouliot isn't playing well is hardly making them a scapegoat. It's just stating a fact.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's cute when Americans argue about hockey.
    Posted by dezaruchi

LOL.... and you ???  did you ever play the game ? I've played the game much longer than you've played it.  That's how us Canadians argue.  NOT !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This team thinks they are better than they are. So, they have this mindset that they can turn it on and off.
    Posted by BassFishing

Just make this your sig line.

Oh, and while you're at it, tell us what makes you think this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Carolina had a unreal regular season that year. Was hardly a suprise cup win.
    Posted by puckhog9966

Unreal? They weren't expected to make it out of the East let alone win against whoever came out of the West. They were fortunate they faced the surprising Oilers in the Final.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Now back to this game.  Too bad another slow start or a least being down by 2 goals.  Thank God though the Krejci , Seguin and especially Lucic's forecheck is playing very well. 
    I might want to double shift Seguin in the 3rd with Bergeron out hurt.
    Hopefully it's just a precaution.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Now back to this game.  Too bad another slow start or a least being down by 2 goals.  Thank God though the Krejci , Seguin and especially Lucic's forecheck is playing very well.  I might want to double shift Seguin in the 3rd with Bergeron out hurt. Hopefully it's just a precaution.
    Posted by BsLegion

He took a bad one in the knee on that one. It's going to swell up for sure. good that he felt up to trying to skate on it though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

@ BassFishing:

Be careful, or you'll soon be on NAS' troll list.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SXPTSCLTSRULE. Show SXPTSCLTSRULE's posts

Injuries, their own press clippings, mixing politics with hockey, the puck not bouncing their way and more injuries has finally caught up with this team.  If sports over the last few years have taught us anything it is that the hot team at the end of the season has the best shot to win it all.  Unfortunately, hot the bruins are not.  They have about two more weeks of this mediocre play before they have to start playing consistently good hockey or like it or not folks we are looking at a one & done team in the playoffs.  

I say play Turco for the next week, rest Thomas and then see if you can get hot and make a run, get some players back healthy and hit the playoffs with some momentum.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Just make this your sig line. Oh, and while you're at it, tell us what makes you think this.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I just did tell you why. Apparently, you need to get some better reading comprehension skills.

The fact of the matter is, they NEED to play wiht that physical, controlled edge to play the want they need to play to win. It's hard to do every other night, but that can't be an excuse.

It's very clear they're tired from yesterday's game, but that made yesterday's game all that much more important, JUST like last Sat's game against the Isles.  That's the point. You need to bury the weaker team because you're going on the road against every good teams with the odds against you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

@ BassFishing: Be careful, or you'll soon be on NAS' troll list.
    Posted by 49-North

This is about the extent of your contributions here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's cute when Americans argue about hockey. Posted by dezaruchi

I'm glad our childish tantroms can get you to laugh after watching such a brutal 1st period.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : 29 hot air balloons just crashed.  Bass Fishing has taken all of their air. October:  2.14GAA, 9.29SV% Not really what I'd call "underperforming ALL YEAR". I know guys like you.  You get in discussions and you talk loudly over people.  You tell them how many ticket stubs you have and how many games you played at the amateur level.  When frustrated by friction, you insult them.  They don't dispute your statements because you convince them you know what you're talking about. Here, we use facts and stats.  Shouting doesn't work and no one cares about your past. Class dismissed.  Do some homework before returning to school, son.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

No, I mention those things because people like you are funny to me. You're a homer and then you talk down to people who probably are more knowledgeable than yourself.  You just think you are in a clique here, so you can bully people around a messageboard to build your self esteem, which is obviosly pathetic.

I've done my homework. A hot goalie for November and December, mostly due to great play by the players in front of him, not Thomas himself, is meaningless right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : I just did tell you why. Apparently, you need to get some better reading comprehension skills.
    Posted by BassFishing

This?

This team thinks they are better than they are. So, they have this mindset that they can turn it on and off. Look at the quotes in the paper the other day. "We're turning the corner", etc.  Don't tell me. Show me. Just because you actually won 2 games in a row means you turned the corner? 
    Posted by BassFishing

That one says they are turning a corner means they think they're better than they are?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Anyone how old NAS is? His behavior is that of a child.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Unreal? They weren't expected to make it out of the East let alone win against whoever came out of the West. They were fortunate they faced the surprising Oilers in the Final.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez. 112 pts isnt a fluke of a season. Yes edmonton had no business being there, but Carolina did have to go through Ottowa who was the juggernaught then. So the road wasnt a given. But again I'll say eventualy your regular season play will give tell tale signs as to what will be expected in the post season and Carolina had a great regular season that year. I dont expect much from the Bruins this year. they look like a team that is allready beat on to many nights this season, you can tell what team has shown up in first 2 minutes of the game on a nightly basis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : He took a bad one in the knee on that one. It's going to swell up for sure. good that he felt up to trying to skate on it though.
    Posted by dezaruchi

You're correct my man ! Maybe you did play hockey once upon a time : )
    Bergeron back on the ice

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I say play Turco for the next week, rest Thomas and then see if you can get hot and make a run, get some players back healthy and hit the playoffs with some momentum.
    Posted by SXPTSCLTSRULE

Sounds like a plan and if Marty keeps up this play it might just happen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : No, I mention those things because people like you are funny to me. You're a homer and then you talk down to people who probably are more knowledgeable than yourself.  You just think you are in a clique here, so you can bully people around a messageboard to build your self esteem, which is obviosly pathetic. I've done my homework. A hot goalie for November and December, mostly due to great play by the players in front of him, not Thomas himself, is meaningless right now.
    Posted by BassFishing

His stats in October are pretty darn good also. 

Tell me more about how he's been playing poorly ALL YEAR.  Oh wait, I've proven that he hasn't been, so now you're going to tell us that it's meaningless.  Unlike your bar bully routine you normally pull at the local dive, your silly statements remain in black and white here and can be referenced.

Do your homework, son.

Sections
Shortcuts