B's Pens Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: B's Pens Game Thread

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]Classy move from Bylsma leading 5-2 wiht 1min left on PP put his no1 unit. No wonder there's so much praise around the league for this guy.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.  I was hoping someone would rock Malkin in the last 2 minutes even if it cost them another goal.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : We are in the second week of March.   He played well in October, November and December.  Not well in January, February or last week. Does less than 50% constitute "pretty much" ALL YEAR?  Along with a history lesson, do you need help in math class also?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Two months of good play is not a majority. His play an the teams started to tumble in that Vancouver game and it's been the same since the All Star break. You also made excuses for the goals he allowed today, which is a tell tale sign you are a homer.

Rask has been better this year than Thomas.  Take off the Tim Thomas underoos and wake up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Is it just me, or does Chara look tired?  Especially in the 3rd, it seemed like he was skating in mud.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Two months of good play is not a majority.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

October  1
    November 1
    December 1

1+1+1=3

I'm not sure why this is so difficult for you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Thomas played well in October?  Were you in a coma in October?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas played well in October?  Were you in a coma in October?

Check out his stats in October, don't look at the fact that the Bruins in 4 of his losses scored 1 goal in each game, just check out his stats and tell me where or how Tim Thomas underperformed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas played well in October?  Were you in a coma in October?

Yes he did .  They lost low scoring , 1goal games because he kept them in it.
    Come on don't look only at wins and losses.
    Recently I might have to agree with you as there was more games where Thomas has looked okay but not enough to steal a game from the teams bad play in front of him.
    This malaise started when the pressure was put to have Thomas get more rest and let play Rask more.  Thomas was playing outstanding at the time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and on my last post I'm not trying to start a debate Thomas - Rask or going against any of you that were saying Rask had to get playing time. 
    I more of a believer you ride your best goalie at the time and don't look too ahead .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]and on my last post I'm not trying to start a debate Thomas - Rask or going against any of you that were saying Rask had to get playing time.  I more of a believer you ride your best goalie at the time and don't look too ahead .
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

right now they dont have a hot anything, could Thomas play better, sure, but i wont get too down on them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Thomas is finished, kaput, fini, too old and should be fired right now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas is finished, kaput, too old and should be fired.
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

Yeah who needs that old bum. He doesn't even have a 94 save percentage! what a loser!~

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas is finished, kaput, fini, too old and should be fired.
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]
    Oh, really ? Well at least the B's got a Stanley Cup out of him then.Whew !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Ok, so he was good in October, November and into January. Can we agree without him being himself this team ain't going anywhere in April?

He hasn't played well, consistently in 2 months and that is a problem.   Playing semantics with his level of play earlier in the year isn't really applicable to the more recent games.

This topic is turning into the Tom Brady regular season/post season debates on the Pats board.  No one should care about stats, but how the player is playing down the stretch and into the postseason.

If we have Bruins fans pissing in the wind about this team's overall play, including Chara and Thomas, etc, then don't be shocked with a one and done in April.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, so he was good in October, November and into January. Can we agree without him being himself this team ain't going anywhere in April? He hasn't played well, consistently in 2 months and that is a problem.   Playing semantics with his level of play earlier in the year isn't really applicable to the more recent games. This topic is turning into the Tom Brady regular season/post season debates on the Pats board.  No one should care about stats, but how the player is playing down the stretch and into the postseason. If we have Bruins fans pissing in the wind about this team's overall play, including Chara and Thomas, etc, then don't be shocked with a one and done in April.

The entire team is playing poorly.  They have been for a while now.  Who knows what the problem is, or what the fix might be?  Not you or I, that's certain.

It doesn't matter how many games you went to at the old Garden or how many games you played.  Your posts on this thread alone show that you're no better or worse than any other average fan.

"Considering I don't look for scapegoats like your buddy NAS and others, yes, I am pretty sure I know what I'm talking about here. Instead of putting the onus on your leaders and their play (Chara, Thomas, MArchand, etc), and using an injury excuse,, only to continue to pretend Corvo and Rolston are losing these games, is just a way to immaturely ignore the true source of the problem here."

Your scapegoat is Thomas.  He played very well for the first three months of the season, but you think he has played poorly for pretty much the entire season.

Of course you also state that "A hot goalie for November and December, mostly due to great play by the players in front of him, not Thomas himself, is meaningless right now."

So, when he's playing well, it's the guys in front of him, but when he's playing poorly, it's on his own shoulders.

You're a joke.  Your brutal inability to comprehend stats, to read, and to make sense have completely debunked your entire theory of "I know more than you" because clearly, you don't know much more than when pucks go in, they call it a goal.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nullify. Show nullify's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : After he got yanked, he was typing something on his laptop. Another Facebook diatribe coming up folks.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Another NBC employee spreading lies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nullify. Show nullify's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : After he got yanked, he was typing something on his laptop. Another Facebook diatribe coming up folks.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

And so what if he has diatribe?  If he takes insulin shots it's not a problem.

Ever hear of Bobbly Clark?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : The entire team is playing poorly.  They have been for a while now.  Who knows what the problem is, or what the fix might be?  Not you or I, that's certain. It doesn't matter how many games you went to at the old Garden or how many games you played.  Your posts on this thread alone show that you're no better or worse than any other average fan. "Considering I don't look for scapegoats like your buddy NAS and others, yes, I am pretty sure I know what I'm talking about here. Instead of putting the onus on your leaders and their play (Chara, Thomas, MArchand, etc), and using an injury excuse,, only to continue to pretend Corvo and Rolston are losing these games, is just a way to immaturely ignore the true source of the problem here." Your scapegoat is Thomas.  He played very well for the first three months of the season, but you think he has played poorly for pretty much the entire season. Of course you also state that "A hot goalie for November and December, mostly due to great play by the players in front of him, not Thomas himself, is meaningless right now." So, when he's playing well, it's the guys in front of him, but when he's playing poorly, it's on his own shoulders. You're a joke.  Your brutal inability to comprehend stats, to read, and to make sense have completely debunked your entire theory of "I know more than you" because clearly, you don't know much more than when pucks go in, they call it a goal.

I am not blaming Thomas exclusively. That's where you're wrong. Your problem is what some Pats fans have with Brady. Since he's the hero player on the team, and by all means each deserves that, they aren't accountable from here on out.

Makes no sense unless you're a homer.

It's the same thing with Chara. Last week I had mentioned it was about time someone commented on Chara after Milbury did in between periods of the Rangers game.

If you want to wear Tim Thomas underoos on your head, that's your business.

The rest of us will be honest and objective about it and not scour the roster looking for scapegoats such as Rolston or Pouliot.

It's annoying. This board is littered with the same threads over and over and your one who spams the board with dumb little thread titles, contributing to this scapegoating disease that some Boston fans participate with, constantly.

It's so annoying.  Let's bash the lesser skilled players to get blood out of stone while we ignore our best players playing poorly. Yes!  That's always a mature and rational outlook! Good work!  lmao

Of course the whole team is playing poorly, INCLUDING THOMAS.  You know, arguably the most important player on the ice? That guy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Unlike fringe fans like you, we discuss all of the players on the team.  Over the course of the year, all players get spotlighted.

I commented on the Rolston thread, which I did not start, about a goal that I felt was his fault.

I also started a thread today about Lucic blowing net front chances.

Tell me more about how much of a homer I am.

--

Earlier in this thread, you bashed someone for blowing a contraction.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread :  This board is littered with the same threads over and over and your one who spams the board with dumb little thread titles, contributing to this scapegoating disease that some Boston fans participate with, constantly.

Clean up your own backyard before you go knocking on YOUR neighbor's door.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread :  This board is littered with the same threads over and over and your one who spams the board with dumb little thread titles, contributing to this scapegoating disease that some Boston fans participate with, constantly. It's so annoying.  Let's bash the lesser skilled players to get blood out of stone while we ignore our best players playing poorly. Yes!  That's always a mature and rational outlook! Good work!  lmao Of course the whole team is playing poorly, INCLUDING THOMAS.  You know, arguably the most important player on the ice? That guy.

Feel free to use your computer to review the recent threads I've started.  Earlier you stated that the team's stars (Lucic, Thomas and MArchand) need to step it up.  One of my recent threads was about Marchand finding his game.

You're not really good with this internet thing huh?  When info is in black and white, you can't just make stuff up.  It's time you re-thought your approach here

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I also said Campbell needs to step up. He scored the other day. My comments were centered around the leadership aspect of the team, not point production.  I specifically said it's sad Seguin, who is 19, has to be a leader or a back up goalie like Turco actually looks more interested in winning a hockey game than the veterans on the club.

Again, your reading comprehension problems aren't my problem.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]Unlike fringe fans like you, we discuss all of the players on the team.  Over the course of the year, all players get spotlighted. I commented on the Rolston thread, which I did not start, about a goal that I felt was his fault. I also started a thread today about Lucic blowing net front chances. Tell me more about how much of a homer I am. -- Earlier in this thread, you bashed someone for blowing a contraction. Clean up your own backyard before you go knocking on YOUR neighbor's door.

Yep.  That's an error on my part, but I bet "your" boyfriend Kevi doesn't know the difference. lol

If "fringe" fans go to many classic Bruins games, then I guess I'm one of those. What I am not is a moronic homer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Yep.  That's an error on my part, but I bet "your" boyfriend Kevi doesn't know the difference. lol If "fringe" fans go to many classic Bruins games, then I guess I'm one of those. What I am not is a moronic homer.

How would one go to a classic game?  Do you have a time machine?

Oh, I understand.  You meant, "have gone", not "go".  You used the wrong tense there.  Looks like we'll have to add English class to your math and history schedule.

25. This post has been removed.