B's Pens Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: B's Pens Game Thread

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread:
    Injuries, their own press clippings, mixing politics with hockey, the puck not bouncing their way and more injuries has finally caught up with this team.  If sports over the last few years have taught us anything it is that the hot team at the end of the season has the best shot to win it all.  Unfortunately, hot the bruins are not.  They have about two more weeks of this mediocre play before they have to start playing consistently good hockey or like it or not folks we are looking at a one & done team in the playoffs.   I say play Turco for the next week, rest Thomas and then see if you can get hot and make a run, get some players back healthy and hit the playoffs with some momentum.
    Posted by SXPTSCLTSRULE

I would agree with this approach. Julien can only have so many hard practices, etc, but it's pretty sad when a 19 year old Seguin or now Marty Turco are playing better than your needed star players.  Seguin is a star, but where is the leadership?

Chara, Thomas, Marchand, and even guys like Thornton and Campbell need to sep up a bit in this area.  Just because you won a Cup last year, means nothing now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Considering I don't look for scapegoats like your buddy NAS and others, yes, I am pretty sure I know what I'm talking about here. Instead of putting the onus on your leaders and their play (Chara, Thomas, MArchand, etc), and using an injury excuse,, only to continue to pretend Corvo and Rolston are losing these games, is just a way to immaturely ignore the true source of the problem here. This team thinks they are better than they are. So, they have this mindset that they can turn it on and off. Look at the quotes in the paper the other day. "We're turning the corner", etc.  Don't tell me. Show me. Just because you actually won 2 games in a row means you turned the corner?  Please.  Now they lay an egg to Washington at home and get completely dominated @ Pitt in the 1st period, with a chance to right a wrong? And please get that Canadiens avatar fixed.  It's like a Sox fan being on the Sox board with a Yankees avatar. It's moronic and makes no sense. And yes, the James Neal goal was AWFUL. The Bruins did a great job killing the 5-3 and then a weak angle for Neal to shoot from is on Thomas.  Yes.  Our all world goalie needs to make that save 1 on 1 with Neal having a weak angle to shoot from.  Some of you apparently will make excuses for bad play all day long.
    Posted by BassFishing

Your right, I am considering changing my avatar to something more related to Bruins hockey. I'm thinking, just so idiots don't question my fanhood, of changing it to some 80's loser in a Guns N Roses denim tuxedo rocking a guitar...That'll show the world my affiliation to my beloved team...and if that isn't convincing enough, I'm going from Kelvana33 to Mako Shark Hunter.

That'll show em!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Anyone how old NAS is? His behavior is that of a child.
    Posted by BassFishing

Tell us more about Thomas and his awful play ALL YEAR.

Also, please help me understand the theory of the Bruins thinking they're better than they are.  You've posted it a couple of times so far, and only offered one completely unrelated quote as evidence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Sounds like a plan and if Marty keeps up this play it might just happen.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I guess the one positive from this week is finding out Turco can still play. I expect the injuries to keep piling up, when the the other team is the aggressor then you will get beat up every game so here 's hoping that the Bs find the physical game soon along with the effort level.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Dez. 112 pts isnt a fluke of a season. Yes edmonton had no business being there, but Carolina did have to go through Ottowa who was the juggernaught then. So the road wasnt a given. But again I'll say eventualy your regular season play will give tell tale signs as to what will be expected in the post season and Carolina had a great regular season that year. I dont expect much from the Bruins this year. they look like a team that is allready beat on to many nights this season, you can tell what team has shown up in first 2 minutes of the game on a nightly basis.
    Posted by puckhog9966

I'm just saying nobody expected them to win.  As long as Boston makes the playoffs it won't be a surprise to anyone if they win. Unexpected perhaps, but not a surprise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Your right, I am considering changing my avatar to something more related to Bruins hockey. I'm thinking, just so idiots don't question my fanhood, of changing it to some 80's loser in a Guns N Roses denim tuxedo rocking a guitar...That'll show the world my affiliation to my beloved team...and if that isn't convincing enough, I'm going from Kelvana33 to Mako Shark Hunter. That'll show em!
    Posted by kelvana33

It's bad enough your screen name is feminine sounding, but the Habs based avatar makes it worse.

Also, it's "you're", not "your".   I think you could just show people you aren't a tool by having a basic understanding of how to use a contraction and using sarcasm better.

"Guns and Roses" loser?  Not even close.  You're a dork who apparently has bad taste in music, too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So much for Bergeron being back, I think he had just that one shift at the beginning of the 3rd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

So much for Bergeron being back, I think he had just that one shift at the beginning of the 3rd.
    Posted by BsLegion

As long as it's nothing serious though. We need a healthy Bergeron.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

F___ you Malkin!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

F___ you Malkin!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Cheap hit, of course only 2 mins, unreal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Minor penalty?  Weak call.

Just commenting from the periphery, as much as I'd like kel to not have a Montreal avatar, it's tough to criticize him when your choice is a guy with a guitar.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I hate you Marc Andre and what a great save!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Minor penalty?  Weak call. Just commenting from the periphery, as much as I'd like kel to not have a Montreal avatar, it's tough to criticize him when your choice is a guy with a guitar.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

At least we only had to watch two pathetic minutes instead of 5.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Tell us more about Thomas and his awful play ALL YEAR. Also, please help me understand the theory of the Bruins thinking they're better than they are.  You've posted it a couple of times so far, and only offered one completely unrelated quote as evidence.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Tell us more how much of sneaky little liar you are. Here is my direct quote:

Tim Thomas has underperformed pretty much ALL YEAR and especially since his selfish distraction with the Obama thing at the White House.

I bolded the words pretty much to show how you took my statement out of context in order to be combative and basically just spam the thread.   Me saying "pretty much" all year clearly states that he hasn't been good for the majority of the year, meaning his subpar play isn't anything new, especially as of late.

Good work being a tool and spamming the thread selfishly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

Thornton drop your f'ing gloves and start swinging what else are you there for. fffffffd

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Exactly. Why is this tea so gutless all of a sudden?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : At least we only had to watch two pathetic minutes instead of 5.
    Posted by thefly8

Absolutely a good point... and it was a quick pathetic 2 minutes rather than the usual go-offside, blocked pass 2 minutes, too.

Hmm... at least they didnt give up their usual 4 goals today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Looks like the Bs will be on the road to start the playoffs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : It's bad enough your screen name is feminine sounding, but the Habs based avatar makes it worse. Also, it's "you're", not "your".   I think you could just show people you aren't a tool by having a basic understanding of how to use a contraction and using sarcasm better. "Guns and Roses" loser?  Not even close.  You're a dork who apparently has bad taste in music, too.
    Posted by BassFishing

Tell "you're" mailman to please make sure you get all of your mail from now on, because about ten years ago a letter was sent out informing people that referring to one as a "tool" would no longer be tolerated in society. It was in the same package regarding black jeans, goatees and visors.

Perhaps you were out fishing that day.

P.S, If loving Lady Gaga's music is wrong, then i don't want to be right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

F___ you Malkin!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Imagine if it was the other way around? Can that hit be reviewed by Shanahan?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Tell us more how much of sneaky little liar you are. Here is my direct quote: Tim Thomas has underperformed pretty much ALL YEAR and especially since his selfish distraction with the Obama thing at the White House. I bolded the words pretty much to show how you took my statement out of context in order to be combative and basically just spam the thread.   Me saying "pretty much" all year clearly states that he hasn't been good for the majority of the year, meaning his subpar play isn't anything new, especially as of late. Good work being a tool and spamming the thread selfishly.
    Posted by BassFishing

We are in the second week of March.   He played well in October, November and December.  Not well in January, February or last week.

Does less than 50% constitute "pretty much" ALL YEAR?  Along with a history lesson, do you need help in math class also?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: B's Pens Game Thread : Imagine if it was the other way around? Can that hit be reviewed by Shanahan?
    Posted by watchtower

Sherriff Shanny will deem it not "predatory".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

7th place after spending all year in second.  Where's Dan Duquette and his "but they spent more days in first in their division" commentary?

This team is so bad in all facets of the game that I cannot separate the poor play and poor habits from the devastating injuries.  I do not believe in excuses, but both are obvious here.  Maybe they just feed off each other?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Classy move from Bylsma leading 5-2 wiht 1min left on PP put his no1 unit.
    No wonder there's so much praise around the league for this guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

F___ you Malkin!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

You get away with things when you're leading the league in points.
    Boychuk had to act dead and maybe he would have gotten extra.
    Too bad they didn't make them pay on PP, again.  Fleury with 2 great stops on Corvo and then Krejci.

Sections
Shortcuts