B's Rangers Game Thread - Measuring Stick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: B's Rangers Game Thread - Measuring Stick

In Response to Re: B's Rangers Game Thread - Measuring Stick:
    [QUOTE]The NYR can have the President's Trophy.   I'll take the Stanley Cup.   2 different things.  
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Right on, Ipot.

Give the Strangers the President's Trophy. I'll take Stanley every time.

The real hockey starts in April and ends in June.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Man, I want to see Chara absolutely destroy that big shiteating-goof Scott. I want to see Chara hurt that dope badly. Smash his face in and send him off the ice missing his teeth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

suprise suprise, Caron goal and assist; pouliot- goal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

What a great second period. Looked just like the 20 game stretch earlier this season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I'm liking Caron's game today. Never mind the points he's put up today, I think he;s playing a great game.

On another point, this game has a playoff feel to it. That being said, I like how our best is measuring up against their best thus far through 2 periods. Hoping for a solid 3rd to finish strong and rebuild that winning outlook.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Game 54 of 82 is "the defining point of the schedule"?  Somehow I doubt it. What the Bruins lose? Does that mean their prospects for coming out of the East are effectively over? Again, I doubt it. It's one game.  Just like 82 others, it's great if you win, bad if you lose. The real stuff starts 2nd week of April.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

A little contradicting, wouldn't you say? Funny how you think a game in January had an inpact on the Bruins but a game in February against the first place team is just another game. 

Troll much?

Re: This team is dead!

posted at 3/4/2012 12:01 PM EST
    First: 5/28/2011
    Last: 3/4/2012
    The fact that most of you responded with a 'hockey discussion' proves my point.  The fact that NAS responded the way he did proves a different, though no less telling point.

While the Jan 7 game may not have been the "TSN Turning Point", it did, I think, put a dent in the Bruins' confidence, which was flying pretty high in December.  I don't think the whole White House thing helped, either, despite the pronouncements coming from management.  That being said, the biggest single impact has been all the injuries, and the sudden realization that there isn't as much organizational depth as you'd like, at this point in the season.  

I wonder if a savvy TV director of yesterday's broadcast would have thought to swing the camera up to the Bruins' management box just after Rask went down.  The look on the faces there would have spoken volumes.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

The Rangers are wearing them down now, they are just too big and physical, Seguin looks like a boy out there. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Close but just not good enough. B's got to get better fast or the playoff run will b a short one..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Really good game by the B's, victimized by some bad bounces on both ends.  Thought they carried the play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

This could be a first round preview the way the Bs are playing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dosul. Show dosul's posts

[QUOTE]Game 54 of 82 is "the defining point of the schedule"?  Somehow I doubt it. What the Bruins lose? Does that mean their prospects for coming out of the East are effectively over? Again, I doubt it. It's one game.  Just like 82 others, it's great if you win, bad if you lose. The real stuff starts 2nd week of April.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

What

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Dear Timmy,

Thank you very much for sucking our dixx today.

Signed,
    The New York Rangers

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Rangers barley beat the Bruins today without Horton, Peverley, Paille or Ference so I don't see how this could be a measuring stick at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

In response to "Re: B's Rangers Game Thread - Measuring Stick": [QUOTE]The Rangers barley beat the Bruins today without Horton, Peverley, Paille or Ference so I don't see how this could be a measuring stick at all. Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE] Rangers without Callahan so appears pretty even to me. B's got to bring their game up a notch. Good news is we all know they can do it. Can't wait to kick the Rangers a** in the playoffs!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

[QUOTE]The Rangers barley beat the Bruins today without Horton, Peverley, Paille or Ference so I don't see how this could be a measuring stick at all.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Its the old post I dragged up from January.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: B's Rangers Game Thread - Measuring Stick:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Rangers Game Thread - Measuring Stick : Its the old post I dragged up from January. Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

I know this thread is from the past and I know you don't need me to bring up the past 20 winners of the Presidents Cup records in the Stanley Cup playoffs as a point as well.

I agree the Bruins could be playing allot better but I still back the Bruins with my black n gold goggles if both teams face each other healthy in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: B's Rangers Game Thread - Measuring Stick:[QUOTE]In response to "Re: B's Rangers Game Thread - Measuring Stick": Rangers without Callahan so appears pretty even to me. Can't wait to kick the Rangers a** in the playoffs! Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]

I don't think Callahan = Horton/Peverley but I do  agree that the Bruins would win a 7 game season during the new season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The Rangers are now 3-0 against the Bruins this year. However, I will not concede that the 3 victories were full value.

If the Rangers take them as being full value, they have another thing coming - an early playoff exit.

A Bruin team without Horton, Peverley, Ference and Paille come back on them from a 2-0 deficit. These same Bruins had the puck 80% of the time and spent 75% of the time in the Ranger end (just as the other two games, also losses. The problem today - primary scoring, and a few bad bounces. They got the secondary scoring today.

Today, I saw a depleted Bruin team that didn't give up. That's great by me. And bodes well for the return of the injured.

Sections
Shortcuts