B's Roster Moves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

B's Roster Moves

GlobeKPD Bruins trim Bartkowski, Spooner, Tardif and Johnson.

Looks like Bourque, Hamilton get varsity sweaters for Sat opener vs. NYR.

---

It's going to be pretty odd seeing a Bourque out there.

I'm happy that Hamilton has made the team.

The guys that got sent down are no surprise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: B's Roster Moves

No suprises. Bourque stays until Caron gets back.

Hamilton had to make the team for two reasons: 1) Have him learn on the job and get used to the NHL, and 2) for Cap reasons.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They aren't keeping him because of cap reasons.  They can LTIR Savard if they need cap room.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I would have been surprised if it wasn't Hamilton and Bourque.

Wheat - I don't think Caron is in Boston unless Bourque stinks or somebody gets hurt. Maybe if he gets healthy and plays lights out in Prov., you could see him up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Bartkowski"

Meh...sigh...Providence's defense was playing so well. PBruins took 2 out of 3 last weekend without Tardif and Spooner so i'm happy those two are back for this weekend.

Interesting about Warsofsky didn't see that coming especially with Johnson having played a bit in the NHL. Maybe Redden, with allot of bidders, priced himself put of Boston.

Question: If Tardif gets claimed off waivers. Does this mean the team that claims him has to put him on an NHL roster ?

I might have answered my question. Why would an NHL team want a liftime AHLr ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

I would have been surprised if it wasn't Hamilton and Bourque.

Wheat - I don't think Caron is in Boston unless Bourque stinks or somebody gets hurt. Maybe if he gets healthy and plays lights out in Prov., you could see him up.

Walk, they're 2 very different players. Bourque isn't going to be banging any bodies out there so he'll only stay up if he's productive. CJ has never been secretive about liking what Caron brings to the table. I expect he'll get his shot as soon as he's healthy enough. I truly hope Bourque stays up because that will mean he's getting points and being responsible defensively but I'm certainly not counting on it. Cheers!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

They aren't keeping him because of cap reasons.  They can LTIR Savard if they need cap room.

Savard was put on injured reserve this week.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Savard was put on injured reserve this week.

Where did you get this San.

GOAT!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/2013/01/14/tim-thomas-bruins-declared-suspended-player/5wbKeAP4bJCDT4aREbazXP/story-1.html

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/transactions/?hubname=nhl-bruins

So it looks like they won't use LTIR until needed GOAT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Then he should use it.

GOAT!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Bartkowski"

Meh...sigh...Providence's defense was playing so well. PBruins took 2 out of 3 last weekend without Tardif and Spooner so i'm happy those two are back for this weekend.

Interesting about Warsofsky didn't see that coming especially with Johnson having played a bit in the NHL. Maybe Redden, with allot of bidders, priced himself put of Boston.

Question: If Tardif gets claimed off waivers. Does this mean the team that claims him has to put him on an NHL roster ?

I might have answered my question. Why would an NHL team want a liftime AHLr ?

yup very interesting.  Redden could have been good short term till teams like the Flyers could, would overpay. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Weird I couldn't edit my previous post  " please fill out required fields" ??

Anyway now we can see first hand how prices go up and it's not only the GMs fault.

Lucky guys Redden and Gomez,  get fat checks from their former teams become wanted UFA's in a market with not may out there and will get more money.  Wow !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Then he should use it. GOAT!!!

“We’ve got a lot of flexibility this year,” said Chiarelli. “Do I suspect we’ll use Savard’s LTI? It depends. [Owner Jeremy] Jacobs has allowed us to pursue those types of players. He wants to win. I think if we presented a compelling case, I think he’d let us use it.”

For a rainy day PC will use it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Can Warsofsky be the next Don Sweeney?

SanDog, you have some crazy characters in your script there....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Warsofsky over Johnson is a surprise, though Johnson's sub $700K salary means he can be sent down without any impact on the Boston cap.  Warsofsky actually costs them more.  The other slight surprise for me is that it didn't sound like Spooner got any kind of look in the spot Bourque is tabbed to occupy.

I don't know if Caron will have to play himself on to the team unless he had played himself off the team with his disappointing showing in Providence.  My guess is that he'll do two weeks of conditioning in Providence after he comes back from injury, and then it will depend on how Boston is playing.  If they're cooking and the third line is contributing, Caron may not get an immediate chance, but if they're playing okay and the third line is playing okay, then I'd bet they treat this as a situation where a guy lost his job to an injury.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

6 of 1 - 1/2 dozen of the other

still need an upgrade on the wing big time if this team wants to go deep this year

Although he wasn't my fav, a player of Ryder's ability is still a big hole - 35 goals last yr. Most importantly someone who can shoot the puck is desperately needed. Caron Bourque - Bourque Caron - blah

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ryder was given every chance on the PP and the Bruins to score 35 couldn't get it done and he shot allot. He is in a totally different situation in Dallas were he can score and they need it, not much defense in the big TX. We'll see now without Riberio feeding him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yeh dog, I hear ya.

Everytime I watch the highlights of the 2011 Bruins run, Ryder seems to show up doing something important and kind of impressive from a skill standpoint. I was always on him when he was here because he would float from time to time, and I never got over the Savard deal. But that guy could really snipe it - we could use that kind of skill set, and I just don't see Caron or anybody else on the horizon filling that void. Think a pickup will be in order eventually -

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I hear yah, the problem though JW is the cap is going down to $64M to start next year and the Bs don't want to get caught with having prospects that don't have NHL time becuse PC keeps trading for vets.

Savard's LTIR money is ready to go if the offense sputters but if that sniper has 2 or 3 years left then it's dump time this summer for some players on this years roster. Heck that might be PCs plan already.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I've heard that "Ryder doesn't have to play D in Dallas" line before, but it ain't true. He's been solid defensively out there by most accounts. But yes - he does get more ice time and more opportunities on PP etc and he'd never get to 35 goals in Boston. 25-28 maybe.

The guy was a third line winger here. It is what it is. Would you rather have Ryder, Wheeler or Bourque? Ayuh.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I've heard that "Ryder doesn't have to play D in Dallas" line before, but it ain't true. He's been solid defensively out there by most accounts. But yes - he does get more ice time and more opportunities on PP etc and he'd never get to 35 goals in Boston. 25-28 maybe.

The guy was a third line winger here. It is what it is. Would you rather have Ryder, Wheeler or Bourque? Ayuh.

Asmaha, Ryder was always overpriced for his role in Boston. It's amazing how short some folks memories are. I remember him being shamed into playing harder down the stretch by being scratched in favour of the rookie Seguin. I also remember him being the only guy on the ice who saw what Cooke did to Savard and still chose to ignore it. I'll remember what he did for the Cup run but I still am glad he's gone. Cheers! Go Bruins!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

For how much and how long ?

Keep in mind $64M cap and how much Ryder would get from a team that has plenty of cap space. I have Center Ice, I know how good Ryder is at giving an opposing player a wack when the cross the blue line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Asmaha, Ryder was always overpriced for his role in Boston. It's amazing how short some folks memories are. I remember him being shamed into playing harder down the stretch by being scratched in favour of the rookie Seguin. I also remember him being the only guy on the ice who saw what Cooke did to Savard and still chose to ignore it. I'll remember what he did for the Cup run but I still am glad he's gone. Cheers! Go Bruins!

I also remember PC trying desperately to unload him mid-season but there were no takers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

6 of 1 - 1/2 dozen of the other

still need an upgrade on the wing big time if this team wants to go deep this year

Although he wasn't my fav, a player of Ryder's ability is still a big hole - 35 goals last yr. Most importantly someone who can shoot the puck is desperately needed. Caron Bourque - Bourque Caron - blah

Lucic, Horton, Seguin, Marchand and Peverley.  I'm pretty content with that list.  Three or four guys who can get 30 and all can get 20+.  I'm not sure (nor am I doing the research) many other teams can say that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

You know my take on salaries, though. I sincerely don't care. Not my job to worry if a guy is overpaid. I know he was for his role, and I know why he had to be let go. It's all good.

I'm just saying that position is going to be filled by Bourque or Caron, and I'd rather have Ryder. Many people would. Nothing wrong with that. The bigger point was...

What's the next plug-in option if a top 6 goes down? Peverly is next guy up, but Bourque-Kelly-Caron scares the bejeesus out of me. One more vet winger would be nice. I still think Pandolfo or Knuble would be a good insurance policy.