B's vs Tampa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

B's vs Tampa

19:00 to go in the third.  Should be pretty much done. 

Seems to me, the score hasn't dictated play overall, however, the b's deserve the win at this point.

If the team wins, the players usually get the credit...however

It appeared to this poster that Tampa out executed Boston last time, and the opposite occured tonight.

Two things stand out, and these are questions, not comments.  I'd like to hear some thoughts.

1. Could this be Julians best game of the year?  Regardless of standings, Tampa has a decent team that owned the Bruins last time.  Is it possible, he understood tactically, what needed to be done, and instructed his troops to move forward accordingly?
    2.  Tonight, this team is playing with some swagger.  Appears to me that Chara  is playing outside the mold we're used to seeing him play within.  Is it possible that Chara's offensive upside is greater than many of us believe?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: B's vs Tampa

Boston played a great game and a lot of nice bounces that went against them most of November.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Bruins are finally playing the short passing game instead of dump and chase crap. That is for teams with little talent 

Savard made a big impact though he didn't put up much points. Seguin looked alot more dangerous tonight.

Lets keep this lineup 

Hunwick trade looks like genius. Mcquaid a real force on defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

wow....8-1...holy sh*t

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

I don't think we are going to see the Fire Julien chants tonight.   Wins over Philly and Tampa by a combined score of 11 - 1.  

Combined with Toronto's performance tonight, I'll sleep with a smile on my face.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

In Response to Re: B's vs Tampa:
    wow....8-1...holy sh*t

Julien needs to evolve as a coach or be fired.
    Posted by beantowngm15

Your post and your banner seem to be rather contradictory

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

I don't think we are going to see the Fire Julien chants tonight.   Wins over Philly and Tampa by a combined score of 11 - 1.   Combined with Toronto's performance tonight, I'll sleep with a smile on my face.
    Posted by Homebrew76

TT is honest saving him. Actually the whole team. MVP?

CJ is a decent coach. He makes adj but it takes time for him to do it. Good coaches are able to alot faster. That being said with the loaded lineup we have now, pretty much you can have coach X and he should be able to do well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flameurass. Show Flameurass's posts

Love the win tonight but I haven't seen a team make so many dumb mistakes--or goalies get beat so badly--since the last time I played midnight pick-up hockey at the local rink. 

Credit the B's with making TB pay (and pay and pay and pay) for those mistakes, especially when you'd think they'd be the sloppy team playing their second game in as many nights.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

As far as CJ is concerned, it just strengthens my opinion of getting rid of him.

How is it possible that the Bruins team that we've seen the last 2 games is the same bunch that has been utterly unprepared for other games?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Should have been another shutout for Thomas if not for the broken stick by Boychuck.

Chara was more physical than usual and it definitely affected Stamkos.

TB's goaltending is atrocious. both goalies are under .900 save pct and handed Boston 3 goals tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I think Ryder's playing pretty well.

This might be a stupid question, but if he pots 23-25 goals, would any of you be open to seeing him come back at around $2.5M for a year or two? It's obvious he's gunna be facing a decent pay-cut no matter where he signs.

Just wondering.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

I think Ryder's playing pretty well. This might be a stupid question, but if he pots 23-25 goals, would any of you be open to seeing him come back at around $2.5M for a year or two? It's obvious he's gunna be facing a decent pay-cut no matter where he signs. Just wondering.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

I'm not 100% sure about this question; Ryder has been hit or miss far too much.  Am I glad that he has played his way onto this roster for the rest of the year?  Probably, but with the young guys that are coming up that offer more solidarity and more up side, I am going with a no on resigning him. Even at that price. 

I’d rather a Caron, or another top five pick from Toronto, filling this spot, not to mention a top 4 puck moving d-man that can be had for his money.  All of which make the B's a better team overal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I think Ryder's playing pretty well. This might be a stupid question, but if he pots 23-25 goals, would any of you be open to seeing him come back at around $2.5M for a year or two? It's obvious he's gunna be facing a decent pay-cut no matter where he signs. Just wondering.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

It would not surprise me for that exact scenario to occur.
    Ryder and Julien seem to be joined at the hip, so him being re-signed, would not come as a shock.
    I think your 2.5M is about right, and would probably be palatable for most fans,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I hope Savard can keep up the pace, I do realize he was playing on adrenaline tonight. I really like pairing him with Horton. Savard would make it easy for Horton to get 5-6 shots a game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: B's vs Tampa :    It would not surprise me for that exact scenario to occur. Ryder and Julien seem to be joined at the hip, so him being re-signed, would not come as a shock. I think your 2.5M is about right, and would probably be palatable for most fans,
    Posted by biggskye

I wouldn't be shocked either. I like the production he's had this year, especially playing with Seguin. I think he'd do really well on a 2nd line next year of Ryder-Savard-Seguin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: B's vs Tampa : I'm not 100% sure about this question; Ryder has been hit or miss far too much.  Am I glad that he has played his way onto this roster for the rest of the year?  Probably, but with the young guys that are coming up that offer more solidarity and more up side, I am going with a no on resigning him. Even at that price.   I’d rather a Caron, or another top five pick from Toronto, filling this spot, not to mention a top 4 puck moving d-man that can be had for his money.  All of which make the B's a better team overal.
    Posted by Neely07708

Oh, I agree he's been spotty a decent amount of the time. No question about it. However, IMO what this team needs going forward is a legit 25+ goal guy on the 2nd line wing to pair with either Bergeron or Savard. The FA market for reasonably priced guys that fit close (even 20 Goals) to that mode are slim: Radim Vrbata, Anti Miettinen, Pascal Dupuis, Scottie Upshall.

I like Dupuis, but I don't think he's a legit top 6 forward. I think he'd be better on a 3rd line.

Sections
Shortcuts