B's vs Toronto in playoffs could happen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymac. Show hockeymac's posts

B's vs Toronto in playoffs could happen

Just think about it.  I know the B's have the better team, but this could happen, and this could be another upset. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

Re: B's vs Toronto in playoffs could happen

IN YOUR DREAMS MAYBE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to B's vs Toronto in playoffs could happen:
    [QUOTE]Just think about it.  I know the B's have the better team, but this could happen, and this could be another upset. 
    Posted by hockeymac[/QUOTE]

As likely as monkeys flying out of my backside.
    on 2 counts.
    1) Leafs make the playoffs
    2) that they would win a single game in the playoffs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Realistically the Leafs are in the play- off hunt but they still need Carolina and buffalo to go on a losing streak. The hurricanes and sabres are still the two top contenders for eight spot Buff. has 2 gms. in hand on Car.., the two mention here are not going to go on a losing streak. One team will need to impress the new owner and the other is well experience during crunch time.

Last nights gm. Mtl. stupid move putting Auld in net against a hot team 3 goals 9 shots. Once Price came back in net the habs almost came back to tie the gm.. For the NJD next six gms. are softer teams except TB. The last team that I would want play against is the Devils. These four teams are going to battle it out until season end.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I'd LOVE for the Leafs to be in the playoffs period.  Whomever they meet, if they got there, they would lose in 4 or 5 games.

Boston would crush them in 4 games.  The only way the Leafs would win a game would be for the goalie to steal it.

Still, I'd take that this year.....

Having said that, I don't think the Leafs make it.  I can't imagine them beating out Carolina or Buffalo (although I really hate the Sabres, next only to the Habs and Flyers and would love to see that)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Dream scenario,

Toronto meets Philly and knocks them out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Reimer's giving them a lot of confidence right now.  Guy's doing a great TT imitation, actually - not stylistically but in terms of story.

4th round pick in '06, this is the first year he's played more than 26 games in a pro season - including ECHL and AHL.  That means he's never been the go-to starter at any level since his draft year in Red Deer.  He's at 32 games right now, 15 in the A and 17 in the NHL.  In the bigs he's 10-4-2 with a 2.24 GAA and a TT like .930 save %.  The only person I might believe predicted that is Nostradamus.  Maybe Edward Gacy.

You look at that and think one of two things: the hockey gods have finally decided to smile on the Laffs, or, as with Gustafsson, they are again playing Lucy to Burke's Charlie Brown and will soon pull the ball back and remind Reimer his name is not pronounce "Bro-deur".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

If Toronto makes the playoffs, they will get raped in the 1st round

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

The Leafs do this every year.  They make a somewhat strong push to get back into the playoff hunt (sort of) to keep the fan base interested, then they continue their free fall in the standings.  I'd rather they do it now then late in the season and make every real Bruins fan on this board freak out about how we might have a terrible pick and every fake Bruins fan freaking out about how bad of a GM Chiarelli is for not trading the pick while it had "value".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

In Response to Re: B's vs Toronto in playoffs could happen:
    [QUOTE]If Toronto makes the playoffs, they will get raped in the 1st round
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Why?

The Habs weren't supposed to beat Washington or Pittsburgh either.

Anything can happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]The Leafs do this every year.  They make a somewhat strong push to get back into the playoff hunt (sort of) to keep the fan base interested, then they continue their free fall in the standings.  I'd rather they do it now then late in the season and make every real Bruins fan on this board freak out about how we might have a terrible pick and every fake Bruins fan freaking out about how bad of a GM Chiarelli is for not trading the pick while it had "value".
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Funny, Howard Berger, who covers the Leafs for Radio, said almost the exact same thing, only that they are starting their little run much earlier than normal. He has seen them do it many years, and they always fall right back off, but this time, he thinks it is different. I do know this, they are playing much harder than even last year. I still think they have too big of a hill to climb and then have to stay there, so most likely they finish 4-6 pts out of it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]If Toronto makes the playoffs, they will get raped in the 1st round
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

With extreme prejudice...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not going to happen these teams do not have Alex Auld in net...

Sat, 26 Feb 2011     Penguins          Maple Leafs          
    Sun, 27 Feb 2011     Maple Leafs     Thrashers

March 2011

Wed, 2 Mar 2011     Penguins          Maple Leafs          
    Thu, 3 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs       Flyers         
    Sat, 5 Mar 2011     Blackhawks        Maple Leafs   
    Tue, 8 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs        Islanders         
    Thu, 10 Mar 2011     Flyers              Maple Leafs         
    Sat, 12 Mar 2011     Sabres             Maple Leafs   
    Mon, 14 Mar 2011     Lightning         Maple Leafs         
    Wed, 16 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs     Hurricanes     
    Thu, 17 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs     Panthers         
    Sat, 19 Mar 2011     Bruins             Maple Leafs         
    Tue, 22 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs     Wild         
    Thu, 24 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs     Avalanche          
    Sat, 26 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs     Red Wings   
    Tue, 29 Mar 2011     Sabres           Maple Leafs         
    Thu, 31 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs     Bruins

So we'll see as I am over confident...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

They are hot right now, but still, this team looks like a total house of cards to me.  Once they start slipping up, the whole thing will come crashing down.

Kessel has only gotten hot because he thought they were out of the playoffs and the games were meaningless -- he'll cool down as soon as he realizes they are in contention and the games mean something...:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]The Leafs do this every year.  They make a somewhat strong push to get back into the playoff hunt (sort of) to keep the fan base interested, then they continue their free fall in the standings. 
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is, the Leaf players sat around the pool and decided to try hard for a little while, specifically to "keep the fan base interested" for a short period, then plan to give up.

Really?

They may not be a very good team and they may easily slide the rest of the way, but some of the assertions made regarding teams/players' motivations seem a little far-fetched to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Not going to happen these teams do not have Alex Auld in net... Sat, 26 Feb 2011     Penguins          Maple Leafs           Sun, 27 Feb 2011     Maple Leafs     Thrashers      March 2011 Wed, 2 Mar 2011     Penguins          Maple Leafs           Thu, 3 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs       Flyers           Sat, 5 Mar 2011     Blackhawks        Maple Leafs    Tue, 8 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs        Islanders          Thu, 10 Mar 2011     Flyers              Maple Leafs          Sat, 12 Mar 2011     Sabres             Maple Leafs    Mon, 14 Mar 2011     Lightning         Maple Leafs          Wed, 16 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs     Hurricanes       Thu, 17 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs     Panthers          Sat, 19 Mar 2011     Bruins             Maple Leafs          Tue, 22 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs     Wild           Thu, 24 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs     Avalanche           Sat, 26 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs     Red Wings     Tue, 29 Mar 2011     Sabres           Maple Leafs          Thu, 31 Mar 2011     Maple Leafs     Bruins So we'll see as I am over confident...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Thank you.
    Those that think the leafs will do well.
    Get some smelling salts and look at that schedule - CLOSELY.
    Let me tell you I've seen many a nobody goalie get hot, and then become a nobody goalie again.

My guess as to why.
    The thing about a nobody goalie is that nobody knows him.
    Then - if he gets hot and attracts attention, they take him seriously and then start doing their homework and studying the game film.  People stop sleeping through those meetings and start paying attention.

Now look at the schedule again.

If the Bruins had that schedule I would be very concerned.
    1) guys getting hurt.  Pitt and Philly have guys that can dent you.
    2)  these games mean something to playoff teams, and there are bunches of them in that list.
    3) 5 games against teams lower than you in the standings.  1 of them being the Devils.  And I would put even odds on the Devils against anyone in the league right now  - ANYONE.

If I'm a fan of a team with that schedule, one thought on my mind.  Survival.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's vs Toronto in playoffs could happen : So, what you're saying is, the Leaf players sat around the pool and decided to try hard for a little while, specifically to "keep the fan base interested" for a short period, then plan to give up. Really? They may not be a very good team and they may easily slide the rest of the way, but some of the assertions made regarding teams/players' motivations seem a little far-fetched to me.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you actually put more thought into that you'd understand what I'm saying.  Don't jump the gun next time you clown.

Sections
Shortcuts