B's with a solid win, Ranger lose again and suddenly....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

B's with a solid win, Ranger lose again and suddenly....

...things do not seem too dire anymore.

Once the Bruins wounded come back in time for the playoffs they are all of the sudden in a good position to go for a nice deep run....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: B's with a solid win, Ranger lose again and suddenly....

I'd rather have seen the Rangers beat Ottawa in regulation tonight, actually.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

In Response to Re: B's with a solid win, Ranger lose again and suddenly....:
    [QUOTE]I'd rather have seen the Rangers beat Ottawa in regulation tonight, actually.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
    Games in hand are just that. Not actual points, potemtial points.
    Bruins need to keep rolling to the playoffs. Once there, anything can happen

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Amazing what one solid addition makes....and by that, I mean Caron. With Horton and Pevs out, depth was clearly an issue. Rolston isn't the answer. But when Caron can step in and bumps Rolston to the 3rd line, everything seems much better, doesn't it?

When Peverly comes back, things will look even brighter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think it's coincidence that they've started to play better hockey at the same time as the Senators have made a charge.  I don't want the Senators to lose out and have the Bruins back into 2nd.  I'd rather see them push the Bruins to maintain that 3 points and 3 games - or expand it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think it's coincidence that they've started to play better hockey at the same time as the Senators have made a charge.  I don't want the Senators to lose out and have the Bruins back into 2nd.  I'd rather see them push the Bruins to maintain that 3 points and 3 games - or expand it.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good thoughts all around. Caron looks like he was made for Bergeron's line, but, let's remember, he is still a young 21 and learning. Mottau was dependable. Rolston played more consistently with kelly; and Corvo looks like he knows there are new replacements available.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

What's with the fear of Ottawa? So what if (and that is a big if) they overtake us for the division lead. The B's will still make the playoffs and now it looks like one of their biggest conference competitors is starting to stumble down the stretch.

The B's do not need to fear a playoff matchup with Ottawa who they have won almost every game against this year but the Rangers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Peverley's return is crucial

Pevs/Kelly/Rolston

Ill take that 3rd line, especially if it means Pouliot is in the press box

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Things can't be too dire. The Bruins won the Cup last year. Happiness.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I like the Bruins remaining in 2nd  and playing the Sens the 1st round.
    Rangers or Pens can play the 8th place and good luck traveling to Winnipeg.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]Things can't be too dire. The Bruins won the Cup last year. Happiness.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]
    i'm with you... a cup win this year is like getting an extra ladle of gravy on your poutine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's with a solid win, Ranger lose again and suddenly.... : i'm with you... a cup win this year is like getting an extra ladle of gravy on your poutine.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

or a 'gagnez un beignet' under the lip of your Tim Horton's coffee.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]What's with the fear of Ottawa? So what if (and that is a big if) they overtake us for the division lead. The B's will still make the playoffs and now it looks like one of their biggest conference competitors is starting to stumble down the stretch. The B's do not need to fear a playoff matchup with Ottawa who they have won almost every game against this year but the Rangers.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

I would love to see how Karlsson reacts to playoff hockey.  He won't have the time he gets now and the Bruins on the forecheck would zero in on him.  He'll be making mistake over mistake in his own end, more than he already does now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather have seen the Rangers beat Ottawa in regulation tonight, actually.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Exactly, lets nail down the 2nd seed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]What's with the fear of Ottawa? So what if (and that is a big if) they overtake us for the division lead. The B's will still make the playoffs and now it looks like one of their biggest conference competitors is starting to stumble down the stretch. The B's do not need to fear a playoff matchup with Ottawa who they have won almost every game against this year but the Rangers.

I wouldn't call it a fear of Ottawa, jaywall, more a source of motivation that they haven't really had since Jan. 1st.  The division is a crapfest this year with the Laffs doing their annual swan lake, the Sabres makeup being fundamentally flawed and the Shabs chanting "Fail for Nail". That leaves the surprising Senators as the only threat to the Bruins' top 3 slot.  I don't think they care about the Conference title - let the Rangers chase it - but the division title has real consequences especially with the SE being even worse than the NE.

And, of course, you want them to play well going into the playoffs.  I don't mind them having two gears to avoid burning out, but you don't want them to assume they can find that Cup-winning gear by flipping a switch on April 11th.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I am surprised at Caron's emergence.  Good for him.  It appears that Rolston may be better suited on the defensive part of his game on the 3rd line. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's with a solid win, Ranger lose again and suddenly.... : I would love to see how Karlsson reacts to playoff hockey.  He won't have the time he gets now and the Bruins on the forecheck would zero in on him.  He'll be making mistake over mistake in his own end, more than he already does now.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Yep, playoff hockey is much different. Having to play against the aggressive forecheck of the Rangers or B's for at least 4 straight games is much more intense than playing a different team every other night.

I think he would probably become a non-factor by game 2 and even a liability for his team by game 4. Mike Green is the likely template for this scenario. Of course, maybe he will thrive in such a competitive environment. We will find out soon enough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's with a solid win, Ranger lose again and suddenly.... : I wouldn't call it a fear of Ottawa, jaywall, more a source of motivation that they haven't really had since Jan. 1st.  The division is a crapfest this year with the Laffs doing their annual swan lake, the Sabres makeup being fundamentally flawed and the Shabs chanting "Fail for Nail". That leaves the surprising Senators as the only threat to the Bruins' top 3 slot.  I don't think they care about the Conference title - let the Rangers chase it - but the division title has real consequences especially with the SE being even worse than the NE. And, of course, you want them to play well going into the playoffs.  I don't mind them having two gears to avoid burning out, but you don't want them to assume they can find that Cup-winning gear by flipping a switch on April 11th.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

True....but I would prefer an unsure and non-confident Ranger team over a divisional title going into the playoffs if it came to such a choice. I view the Rangers as our primary Conference competitor and anything to weaken them helps the B's.

But again, there is no resaon Boston can't have both.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

There goes that thought

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to B's with a solid win, Ranger lose again and suddenly....:
    [QUOTE]...things do not seem too dire anymore. Once the Bruins wounded come back in time for the playoffs they are all of the sudden in a good position to go for a nice deep run....

Your first mistake dipstick is calling the win against Buffalo "solid".  Pump the breaks big guy

Sections
Shortcuts