Budaj

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Budaj

Watched this guy in 3 pre-season games. Is he the worst backup goalie in the league or just off to a bad start?????
     I know he turned some heads with the avalanche in his first couple of years, but seems to have gotten progressively worse since then. Any of u out there know much about this goalie?
    From what Iv'e seen he would have a very little chance of making are farm team as a backup.
    Get ready Mr. Price it could be a very busy year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Budaj

I think the Habs are going to have a really bad year.  Really bad.  Not making the playoffs bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Budaj started off reasonably well, don't ever think he was considered to be a starter in Colorado. I'm sure Fletch would agree, they gave him many oppurtunities to take the job and he couldnt do it...Have watched him 3 times this pre season and he is Trevor Kidd/Justin Pogge bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Budaj:
    I think the Habs are going to have a really bad year.  Really bad.  Not making the playoffs bad.
    Posted by BadHabitude
    when u sign 2 defenceman that are supposed to be among your best that have had career threatening knee surgeries.....things could go south real fast.
    So yes I would agree things could get ugly in habville....wouldn't that be great!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Budaj : when u sign 2 defenceman that are supposed to be among your best that have had carreer threatening knee surguries.....things could go south real fast. So yes I would agree things could get ugly in habville....wouldn't that be great!!
    Posted by pauly1

Pauly, all kidding aside, I think lots would need to go right for the Habs to even make the play-offs. As close as they came to beating Boston last year, I still don't see them as even being in the Bruins weight class right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Posted by BadHabitude

Agree, but i always pick the Habs to miss the playoffs. I look at their line up every year and  say " what a crappy team " and then they squeak in on the last day of the season.  I still say the Habs won't make the playoffs. No way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I have been wondering for the past 3 seasons how the Habs even MADE the playoffs.  I thought for sure since 2009 they wouldnt even make it to 8th.  NEVER doubt the "Dirty Divers".  When the refs regularly fall for your flailings, ANYTHING is possible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Budaj : Pauly, all kidding aside, I think lots would need to go right for the Habs to even make the play-offs. As close as they came to beating Boston last year, I still don't see them as even being in the Bruins weight class right now.
    Posted by dezaruchi
    U may be very well right dez....one thing that scares me a bit is the addition of cole (health issue) but he is the real deal IMO and gives the habs a legitimate power forward....which they need badly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Budaj : U may be very well right dez....one thing that scares me a bit is the addition of cole (health issue) but he is the real deal IMO and gives the habs a legitimate power forward....which they need badly.
    Posted by pauly1

Yeah, Cole is one of those players who seems to have an uncanny ability to step up when they're needed most. I'm hoping that trend doesn't continue.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Budaj : Yeah, Cole is one of those players who seems to have an uncanny ability to step up when they're needed most. I'm hoping that trend doesn't continue.
    Posted by dezaruchi
    Right back atya

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The habs are well coached, have an excellent goalie and some real good talent in guys like Subban, Cammalleri and Plekanec. I'm sure they'll be good again despite how weak they always seem on paper.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Good again!?!?!  When exactly were the Habs "good" last, in your opinion?  For me, Its 1993.  Sure, theyve made the playoffs and made the ECF's in 2010, but they havent been a LEGIT contendor since they won it all...., which, coincidentally, was the last time before 2010 that they made the ECF.  Hell, theyve only won the division once since 1992 (2008).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Actually the Habs werent that good in 1993. They rode Roy to the Cup. Habs go as far as Price, and their power play take them...Also depends on how many dives they get away with to get the PP oppurtunities. I'm not kidding either, thats a legit gameplan for them..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The habs are well coached Posted by OatesCam

Jacques Martin is a real good coach, instructs a boring game but he is good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Budaj : Jacques Martin is a real good coach, instructs a boring game but he is good.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

This was a criticism of another coach whose name escapes me at the moment. It seems instructing a boring game results in longevity as an NHL coach.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's not the back up goalie that will propel the Habs into the playoffs.  It's Price.
    Budaj is what he is,  a backup goalie.
    When the Habs are practicing Jaques Martin hockey shots come from the outside and the defense collapses down low . Any sound goaler can play as a backup in that system.  Not day in and day out but that's what Price brings, stability.
    Anyone thinking the Habs don't make the playoffs are fooling themselves unless Price gets hurt the Habs will be there.

Memory refresh ? Chowdah , cj .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

It's not the back up goalie that will propel the Habs into the playoffs.  It's Price. Budaj is what he is,  a backup goalie. When the Habs are practicing Jaques Martin hockey shots come from the outside and the defense collapses down low . Any sound goaler can play as a backup in that system.  Not day in and day out but that's what Price brings, stability. Anyone thinking the Habs don't make the playoffs are fooling themselves unless Price gets hurt the Habs will be there. Memory refresh ? Chowdah , cj .
    Posted by BsLegion

I'm always fooling myself, or at least i try to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Budaj:
    Watched this guy in 3 pre-season games. Is he the worst backup goalie in the league or just off to a bad start?????  I know he turned some heads with the avalanche in his first couple of years, but seems to have gotten progressively worse since then. Any of u out there know much about this goalie? From what Iv'e seen he would have a very little chance of making are farm team as a backup. Get ready Mr. Price it could be a very busy year.
    Posted by pauly1

You dont wanna extend him on a contract?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

At the end of the season his new name will be Peter Le but daj.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Posted by BadHabitude

Badhab is so cute when he types while dreaming!! Do we wake him? Nah... That seems like a really pleasant dream! :) (Let's hope this dream comes true!)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It might actually result in a new French idiom - "Le but d'ail" meaning stinky goal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Budaj : Badhab is so cute when he types while dreaming!! Do we wake him? Nah... That seems like a really pleasant dream! :) (Let's hope this dream comes true!)
    Posted by davecarr

I think the Habs will be better.
    Another year experience for a great young goalie.  A much better defense and another year of PK developing into an allstar.  Cole helps up front and they didnt really lose much.  I have learned to never ever count them out. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

It might actually result in a new French idiom - "Le but d'ail" meaning stinky goal.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I like it ! I like it !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Budaj : I think the Habs will be better. Another year experience for a great young goalie.  A much better defense and another year of PK developing into an allstar.  Cole helps up front and they didnt really lose much.  I have learned to never ever count them out. 
    Posted by shuperman

Perfect! The Habs have now received Shupe's infamous kiss of death!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Budaj : Perfect! The Habs have now received Shupe's infamous kiss of death!
    Posted by dezaruchi

Would you not agree? 
    Had they had a full d-core we likely wouldnt have played them in round one. 

Sections
Shortcuts