building the 2014 squad ... dealing with RFA & UFA issues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

building the 2014 squad ... dealing with RFA & UFA issues

seems like the B's will have ~$13M ( with Savard on LTIR ) to spend

so how do you think the following contract situations will be resolved?

RFAs : ( Smith, Krug, Bartkowski, Fraser, Caron, Florek, Cunningham )

UFAs : ( Iginla, Thornton, Johnson )

what about core UFAs looming in 2015 ( Krejci, Boychuk, Soderberg, McQuaid ) ... extend or trade?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Re: building the 2014 squad ... dealing with RFA & UFA issues

HELLO ... 

I posted these questions for discussion the other day and am wondering why not one person in this forum bothered to reply.

If they are irrelevant or perhaps rehashes of a previously belabored post, then please help me understand.

If it's because I actually live in the greater Boston area as opposed to New Jersey, Florida or one of the Canadian provinces, then that input would be instructive as well.  ;)

Not many of my closer friends are hockey guys, so I find this forum very refreshing and am trying to find a way to connect a bit better.

30 minutes to puck drop at MSG - let's see if the Rags can find a way to hang on to a 2-goal lead tonight ... they should be in the driver's seat in this series, but instead have their backs against the wall.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Welcome to the board, fano.

Odds are your post got ignored because of 2 things.

1.  Your topic has at least partially been thrown at the wall. See some of the previous topics and add your 2 cents.

2.  The board was largely preoccupied with some other thread and/or railing against trolls at the time you put up your thread.

Keep posting and don't be a dyck or a troll and this board will be a great place to be a B's fan. Many of the folks on here know their hockey and even if we disagree on something at the heart of it we are all huge fans of the black & gold.

RE: UFAs. Iginla stays, Thornton and Johnson will be gone and replaced by cheaper options (and in the case of Thornton, a better option) probably Fraser and Svedberg. 

RFAs.  Unless some renegade GM throws a crazy offer sheet at Krug or Smith they will be here. Fraser, Florek and Cunningham are relatively easy signing as they have limited or no NHL chops yet and won't command a whole lot of $ to possibly bounce between Boston and Providence. Caron will likely be gone. Bartkowski is a bit trickier. Not that I think his contract is a going to be a cap issue but he seems to be a part of every trade rumor out there.

Most of this is covered in previous threads. Read up and enjoy.

Cheers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You're bound to elicit more response (or some at least) with more participation.  People like to talk to those they know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I think most of it was covered in the "Armchair GM & Capgeek" and the "Should We Really Try To Sign Iggy Again?" threads. 

***Enhance Your BDC Experience.  Ignore Marco & Stanley.***

Sections
Shortcuts