Burrows

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Burrows

Burrows looked like he was going to cry when Lucic didn't give him any room on the face off at the end of the game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

Re: Burrows

In Response to Burrows:
    [QUOTE]Burrows looked like he was going to cry when Lucic didn't give him any room on the face off at the end of the game
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

Yup, he is a baby...Lucic would smash him...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

He looks like a girl.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Any different than Marchand crying to the refs earlier in the game?

I'll take Burrows over most of the forwards in the black and gold.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Burrows is a whiny loud-mouthed b*tch...with a ton of talent. 

Without the injury he puts up 80 points this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

i want torres...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Burrows:
    [QUOTE]Any different than Marchand crying to the refs earlier in the game? I'll take Burrows over most of the forwards in the black and gold.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Marchand does remind me alot of Burrows.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Exactly right DEz. March and Burrows are mirror images of each other. Burrowas has scored 30. If Mach can emulate that I am happy...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yep Give me a Burrows anyday!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FUhabs. Show FUhabs's posts

you put anyone on the same line with the Sedin brothers..it's gonna make you look good. Burrows had been the beneficial of that, I'm quite sure Marchand can put up the same numbers if you put him on that line. Don't get me wrong, Burrows is good but...just to make a point

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

FU,

Yes and No.  The Sedins have had a revolving door of running mates and Burrows has been the most ideal fit.  Sure Marchand may have the same results but Burrows plays perfectly to their skill set.  Get to the net and grind in the corners.  Sounds simple but Burrows does it very very well.  Throw in his speed and the Sedins have a perfect compliment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]FU, Yes and No.  The Sedins have had a revolving door of running mates and Burrows has been the most ideal fit.  Sure Marchand may have the same results but Burrows plays perfectly to their skill set.  Get to the net and grind in the corners.  Sounds simple but Burrows does it very very well.  Throw in his speed and the Sedins have a perfect compliment.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Burrows is bigger than Marchand but if you hate Burrows then you would hate Marchand if he was on another team.
    Now Torres was running guys reckless last last night someone should have fixed his clock.  Laughing

BTW what's the goal differential now between Marchand and Torres ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Would take Burrows on my team any day. Can we trade Ryder for him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I like Burrows and was simply stating that it isnt as simple as putting one guy with two great players.  Gretzky and Hull never worked. Burrows fits that line perfectly.  Burrows gets under peoples skins but has been less yappy this year.  He is a good player.

In regards to Torres.  Why should someone clean his clock?  B/C he hammered our players with clean hits?  Last I checked its part of the game(or at least for now).
    If you watched the game last night and don't think Torres could help this team you are blind.  Put him on the 3rd or 4th line and you have a guy that runs dmen.  Just ask Kaberle and Seids.  Throw in the fact he plays on one of the best teams in the league and is one of their leading goal scorers and thats all I need to know.  Who comes out? Um. Seguin/Paille/Thorton/Ryder.  He is currently better than all of them

Yes I know you are just getting me going. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I like Burrows and was simply stating that it isnt as simple as putting one guy with two great players.  Gretzky and Hull never worked. Burrows fits that line perfectly.  Burrows gets under peoples skins but has been less yappy this year.  He is a good player. In regards to Torres.  Why should someone clean his clock?  B/C he hammered our players with clean hits?  Last I checked its part of the game(or at least for now). If you watched the game last night and don't think Torres could help this team you are blind.  Put him on the 3rd or 4th line and you have a guy that runs dmen.  Just ask Kaberle and Seids.  Throw in the fact he plays on one of the best teams in the league and is one of their leading goal scorers and thats all I need to know.  Who comes out? Um. Seguin/Paille/Thorton/Ryder.  He is currently better than all of them Yes I know you are just getting me going. 

LOL this.

Listen if he was on my team and running guys that's fine but last night, being a Bruins fan, I wanted someone to grab him by the jersey and clock him.
    Hey, I'm a Bruins fan first.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

He was desperatetly trying to get Lucic to take a swing at him, so they could get a power play at the end when it was still 2-1

He's talented, but he's also an irritating little punk like Marchand and he knows it.  He knows guys would love to lay him out, so at that point he was laying it on extrat thick to try and get the advantage for his team

Some people find that admirable......I don't really care for it, but I recognize it for what it is

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The Torres argument continues.  Haha 

For me I wanted him as a ufa and a million dollar deal.  When he isnt scoring(a lot since I jinxed him) he is hammering people.  He is a human canon ball and he hits hard and clean.  He also defends his team mates. 
    Tell me he wouldnt look good in a Bruins uniform?  Everyone always basis stuff on stats.  But like Kelly last night, the little things go unnoticed sometimes.  But those little things win you cups.  I would love Kelly/Peverly/Torres on a 3rd line.  Or Campy/Torres/Seguin. 

Torres owes me a signed jersey for having his back. 

Cheers bud. 

6-1 Bruins win tonight. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The Torres argument continues.  Haha  For me I wanted him as a ufa and a million dollar deal.  When he isnt scoring(a lot since I jinxed him) he is hammering people.  He is a human canon ball and he hits hard and clean.  He also defends his team mates.  Tell me he wouldnt look good in a Bruins uniform?  Everyone always basis stuff on stats.  But like Kelly last night, the little things go unnoticed sometimes.  But those little things win you cups.  I would love Kelly/Peverly/Torres on a 3rd line.  Or Campy/Torres/Seguin.  Torres owes me a signed jersey for having his back.  Cheers bud.  6-1 Bruins win tonight. 
    It looks like Stanley signed your post......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Burrows 1 goal more than Ryder playing with Sedins. The only good thing about him is his salary at 2M, he is not putting up the numbers that he should be on that line.

I take March easily over him.

Torres can stay where he is, he is a minus player on a team rifled with most of the top +/- players in the league.  He runs Dmen for sure and if he was on Bos, he would get charging calls because that is all he tries.  He had 1 good year in 2006, when Edm went to the finals.  Basically it was his overachieving year, he has delivered nothing since.  He could replace Pail or Thorn on the 4th that is all and we all know that Thorn will not sit.

As to March whining, he was stating his case to the refs. Last night was almost like playing the Habs the way of the reffing, bloody awful, HNIVancouver.  Non calls on Van hooking that turned over pucks for Van opportunities was just laughable all night long.  At least Luc got the last laugh when he scored after joke of a noncall.

Burrows and Torres are decent players and Torres gives it his all, but he is not better than Campb or Seg just because he is physical, if that is the case you take Oreskovich because he is 5 years younger.  Burrows would be a nice replacement for Kelly on 3rd line, his numbers are not better than his best year last year of 67 points and are not better than our top 2 lines, considering he is playing with the top line in the NHL.

That is all I got to say on that. ----Forrest G.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No4,

March is gonna start getting more calls if he pulls cheap crap like he did last night.
    As for Burrows, he is an ideal fit on that line.  They have tried others and it has/hasn't worked.  I think it would be hard playing with the Sedins.  They have the jedi mind stuff going on. 

Onto my Torres.  He plays all roles.  PK/PP Regular shift against the other teams top line.  If he is on the Canucks 3rd line he easily can be on ours.  Being a minus b/c you play against the top lines isnt an insult to him.  Malhotra  was brought in there to be a shut down guy as well. 
    Malhotra- 9g15a +4
    Torres- 13g/12a -1 108 hits(1 Million Dollars)
    Campbell- 9g12a  +6 91 hits
    Ryder- 16g18a -4 55 hits(4 Million dollars)

And you are telling me that Torres could crack our lineup.  And who is the bargain out there.  The one glaring spicey mozzaball is Ryder. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'm not a fan of Marchand running around doing what he's doing as of late. Snce he's gotten worse his game has gone South somewhat. I think where he plays on the line, but doesn't cross it is  where he should've kept it. This stick work behind the play is garbage! I don't like the players off the B's that do it! I'm certainly not going to be a hypocryte & say it's OK when Marchand does it.
    In the Vancouver game he deserved a pounding!

This whole Torres arguement? It's not something I really care enough about to give an opinion. Would I want him on the B's? There's parts of his game I like &  there's certainly a lot worse you could end up paying for.

Ryder doesn't deserve his $4 mill. However, unless were all Bobby Orr? How many of us would not take it if offered? Ryder's rep was known before he was signed by PC. It's not Ryder's fault for what he's making. IMHO I think there's plenty worse that PC did then signing Ryder. If I remember correctly. Bos tried getting someone during that July 1st. Hossa was one that PC tried to get. The deal didn't happen. The B's needed a rw & Ryder was in the process of being nabbed by another team. PC upped the anty & won. If he hadn't gotten anyone; ALL of us would've been po'd enough to spit nails! Besides say whatever you want about Ryder. He's always picked up his game in the play-offs. He didn't, or doesn't become a Dimitri Khristich.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In his one season in Vancouver, Anson Carter had his only 30 goal season (33-22-55) playing with the Sedins.  These were the second-line 75 and 71 point Sedins, not the league scoring derby pace horses of today.  Playing first line minutes with the full scale Sedins, Burrows bettered that by 2 goals and 12 points.  Carter only played about 60 games after that season - with Columbus and Carolina.

My point is that the last guy who played well with the Sedins wasn't a lights out player.  Carter had bounced around more than a Lady Gaga backup dancer after leaving Edmonton, and Bruins fans will remember that this is a guy who, when he wanted to work, was great along the boards and capable of going to the net.  Burrows?  Smart enough to know his role is to retrieve pucks and give them to the Gazoo twins (that is a good nickname...can't remember who here gets credit) then find open ice and be ready.

So no, it's not as easy as putting any warm body out there - I mean, the Sedins are good, but they aren't Gretzky - but I'm also not going to suggest that Burrows - a guy who spent the better part of four seasons first in the ECHL and then in the AHL and only showed any kind of touch once, with 29 goals for the Columbia Inferno of the ECHL - would be a top six forward without the Sedins.  Call me crazy.  I believe he also inhaled donkey with the Canucks when playing on another line earlier this year - almost zero production.  Nope.  Just not buying that he's that good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think Burrows is a star either, and his production would undoubtedly drop off without the best linemates in the NHL on either side.

But still, 35 goals is nothing to sneeze at under any circumstances and I generally don't like the "if X guy wasn't there, things would be different" argument.  (See the 10,000 posts about how the Bruins are a lousy team without Tim Thomas).  Thomas is here, the Sedins are there.

Burrows is still at a stage in his career where is seems to be getting better every year, and he is practically a point per game player with the Canucks/Sedins.  I think it is fair to say that his production would plummet without the twins, BUT it is equally fair to say that he is a very good compliment to them as well.  Better than any guy they have thrown on that line so far.  Henrik was the MVP last year playing every game next to Burrows.  The Canucks have tried Raymond, Samuelsson, Torres, and others while Burrows was injured and none of them were as good.

I think the Sedins benefit Burrows a lot, and Burrows benefits the Sedins too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Any different than Marchand crying to the refs earlier in the game? I'll take Burrows over most of the forwards in the black and gold.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Comedy relief right there^^^^