Burrows...when does he get a beat down?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

Burrows...when does he get a beat down?

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/856972/clip/0

Check out Burrows shoot it in the net after offsides call..what a dbag!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Burrows...when does he get a beat down?

I've never understood why this is a big deal.  Unless you believe in witch craft, this means nothing.  As for the clip, the guy says, someone thing about "Alex Respect Your Edlers" and "Van City".  I think he's the one who needs a beatdown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It was rat move, done by a rat.  Marchand would do the same thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

That's not true at all Hang. Marchand gets accused of enough things without having Bruins fans accuse him of something they assume he would do. He's got 5 goals and 2 penalty minutes so far. He's making a conscious effort to not play like a rat. Burrows obviously isn't so let's not paint them both with the same brush. Or we can at least let Marchand do something first anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

That's not true at all Hang. Marchand gets accused of enough things without having Bruins fans accuse him of something they assume he would do. He's got 5 goals and 2 penalty minutes so far. He's making a conscious effort to not play like a rat. Burrows obviously isn't so let's not paint them both with the same brush. Or we can at least let Marchand do something first anyway.

I agree. Marchand is 10x the hockey player Burrows is! And I give credit where it's due & Brad's play has been fantastic thus far. No antics & bush league stuff & still producing! Nothing, but compliments from here. And even before Marchand cleaned up he wasn't anything like the pansy ash piece of kief Burrows was! How any B's fan can make that comparision must be a closet Habs fan! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsjtU5D3XNw

Burrows likes to challenge guys TooToo and Kopitar. So the answer the only way to take out a guy like Burrows is a good, clean open ice hit becuase he checks the name on the back of the jersey before he fights like a wuzz n boots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Ok I'll rephrase my statement on Marchand, who I agree has cleaned up his act pretty well.  I should have said it wouldn't shock me if he did something like that in the past... as compared to say, Bergeron, who I would NEVER expect to do it.

Burrows showed his true colors last year after hiding behind the pile after starting sh!t

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Burrows likes to challenge guys TooToo and Kopitar. So the answer the only way to take out a guy like Burrows is a good, clean open ice hit becuase he checks the name on the back of the jersey before he fights like a wuzz n boots.

San, I don't know if I'd put Kopitar in the same class as Tootoo when it comes to fighters...Tootoo is one of the better ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgsi__mTrEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KGfSmsMIqg

Why is it everytime some punk does something Marchands name gets mentioned?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

San, I don't know if I'd put Kopitar in the same class as Tootoo when it comes to fighters...Tootoo is one of the better ones.

Why is it everytime some punk does something Marchands name gets mentioned?

Its called false equivilancy.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I hated when Marchand low-bridged Salo, (I think that's who it was).  It will take a lengthy period of good behavior to shed that image...with me anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I still don't consider TooToo a good fighter. Gritty and good hitter yes but just because he fights allot doesn't make him good. I didn't think Jay Miller was a good fighter, same example fighting a ton doesn't make you good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I hated when Marchand low-bridged Salo, (I think that's who it was).  It will take a lengthy period of good behavior to shed that image...with me anyway.

The thing is he didn't do it to low bridge. He did it to duck the hit & at his size I don't have a problem with ducking. Turned out to be a low bridge, but that wasn't the intent at all. He wasn't the agressor. Salo was. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

The thing is he didn't do it to low bridge. He did it to duck the hit & at his size I don't have a problem with ducking. Turned out to be a low bridge, but that wasn't the intent at all. He wasn't the agressor. Salo was. 

I think he knew exactly what he was doing..Especially the second time...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

So did Salo, which brings in the "devil you know" saying. Marchand ducked , Salo went azz over tea kettle, too bad. Its like seeing a beware of the dog sign but you go in the yard anyway, if you get bit, oh well, who's to blame ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

So did Salo, which brings in the "devil you know" saying. Marchand ducked , Salo went azz over tea kettle, too bad. Its like seeing a beware of the dog sign but you go in the yard anyway, if you get bit, oh well, who's to blame ?

Absolutely right 50. Salo thought he'd just glide in backwards to pick up the puck while putting his rear end into Marchand's chest. Then he got injured for the 32nd time in his career. Boo-hoo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Thats what i'm saying Dez, I put some of the blame on Salo there..Wrong thought process, I know but who didnt see that one coming?

I actually like the move, I think it's more of a sneaky, clever move more than a dirty one.He's perfected it.Marchands grown on me, I loved how after Clarkson made the nose gesture to him he gave it back to him after his shootout goal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Thats what i'm saying Dez, I put some of the blame on Salo there..Wrong thought process, I know but who didnt see that one coming?

I actually like the move, I think it's more of a sneaky, clever move more than a dirty one.He's perfected it.Marchands grown on me, I loved how after Clarkson made the nose gesture to him he gave it back to him after his shootout goal.

Kel, I just don't put much stock in Salo's injuries either. The guy is huge and soft. I miscounted too. It was actually the 36th time he missed time to injury or the flu (chicken).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1550

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

We'll see more of Salo now that he plays for Tampa.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Here's another look at the low bridge hit on Salo.  First place it was interference.  Second place it was cheap.  Third place he got a 5 minute major.  It was a rat move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGD5DbljtfE

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Here's another look at the low bridge hit on Salo.  First place it was interference.  Second place it was cheap.  Third place he got a 5 minute major.  It was a rat move.

Who interfered with who then? Was Salo not going to run into him? The hit was above the knees. The rules state "at or below the knees".That's not the first time Shanahan threw the rulebook out the window. I'm sure it won't be the last. I get that you think it's dirty but should Marchand just let Salo take him out? What exactly do you think Salo intended to do on the play? A player on the Habs just ducked a hit and Neil ended up kissing the glass. Should he have stayed upright and let Neil run him through the glass? Salo has 6 inches and 30 pounds on Marchand and he's still a pansy. It won't bother me if Marchand does it again the next time they play T-Bay. I respect your opinion but disagree completely. Cheers!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

I won't argue that.  There's no sugarcoating that hit, Bs fan or not.  I think it's more a question of overall sample size in careers.  Every team has these-types; it's a question of "cheap shot rankings."  

For me, Burrows is much higher on the list than Marchand.  And so far this season, Marchand has cooled it down.

I'll pour sugar all over it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuY6ZZ-xlqE&list=PL2AFF2C8F1706BE6E

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Who interfered with who then? Was Salo not going to run into him? The hit was above the knees. The rules state "at or below the knees".That's not the first time Shanahan threw the rulebook out the window. I'm sure it won't be the last. I get that you think it's dirty but should Marchand just let Salo take him out? What exactly do you think Salo intended to do on the play? A player on the Habs just ducked a hit and Neil ended up kissing the glass. Should he have stayed upright and let Neil run him through the glass? Salo has 6 inches and 30 pounds on Marchand and he's still a pansy. It won't bother me if Marchand does it again the next time they play T-Bay. I respect your opinion but disagree completely. Cheers!

Dez just check out the very beginning of the clip.  Marchand and Salo met shoulder to shoulder in the same general area. I would rather him play that way thats all. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dez just check out the very beginning of the clip.  Marchand and Salo met shoulder to shoulder in the same general area. I would rather him play that way thats all. 

Hang, I watched the whole clip. It's the initial contact that led Salo to be so nonchalant. He just figured I'll just squash this little bug one more time as I pick up the puck. Marchand will be the one out due to injury if he keeps going shoulder to shoulder with players that are much larger than he is. If it's Salo or Marchand to be hurt, I'll choose Salo (and his frail body) every time. The Bruins have lost too many man games to concussions and other various injuries for as long as I can remember. Frankly, I wish Bobby Orr would've ducked some of the runs people took at him. It could've added years to his career.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Let's just hope Marchand is not hurt because if he is he will not be replaced the time he's out and then maybe we can all see what he means to the team.