Buyout tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Buyout tracker

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/islanders/2013/07/02/rick-dipietro-buyout-new-york-islanders/2482177/

"His association with the Islanders will be ending as the team is putting him on waivers for the purpose of using a compliance buyout on him. The contract paid the 2000 No. 1 overall pick $4.5 million every year, and the theory at the time was that if he was an All-Star-caliber goalie, the team would be saving money in his prime."

Tim Thomas time ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/islanders/2013/07/02/rick-dipietro-buyout-new-york-islanders/2482177/

"His association with the Islanders will be ending as the team is putting him on waivers for the purpose of using a compliance buyout on him. The contract paid the 2000 No. 1 overall pick $4.5 million every year, and the theory at the time was that if he was an All-Star-caliber goalie, the team would be saving money in his prime."

Tim Thomas time ?

Can't believe Dipietro has only played 47 games since 2008. What a waste of resources. He could very well go down as one of the biggest # 1 overall pick busts in NHL history.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Tons of talent, could not stay on the ice. If I were him, I'd go to the KHL and see if I can play a whole season injury free. He needs to prove he still has the goods and can remain injury free. He wont get that chance in the NHL because if he does sign with someone it will be for short money and a back up role.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Komisarek bought out.... Not a surprise... Surprise was it took this long....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Jeff Schultz in cap land.  Someone will pick him up.  Pretty young, big, kills pims but soft.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

I can see a bounce back year.  Once he got paid he forgot how to play.  Put him in the right situation as a 5-6 dman and he will do fine.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I can see a bounce back year.  Once he got paid he forgot how to play.  Put him in the right situation as a 5-6 dman and he will do fine.  

I know it seems like theyre in every thread, but why not Philly?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m

Buffalo puts Nathan Gerbe on waivers

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 3m

Also Gilbert (MIN), Ballard (VAN).

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 3m

NSH's Sergei Kostistyn also on unconditional waivers but it could be for mutually agreed to termination of contract as opposed to buyout.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=676080

Friday is going to be a frenzy with all the money being freed up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

I know it seems like theyre in every thread, but why not Philly?

i see more the nyi.  They are gonna be tough as nails next year.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Florida buys out the last year of Kuba's deal.  The comedy is that they didn't do it under the complaince rules, so his $4M still counts against the cap.  I'm guessing this was intentional to stay above the floor.  What a joke!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Mikhail Grabovski .. just announced buyout casualty... looks like they are freeing up money for Bozak.... I wouldn't mind this guy on the B's for the right price.. the guy has skill, something the Bruins need...

Sections
Shortcuts