Bye-bye Alexandrov

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Bye-bye Alexandrov

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=623236

Can someone explain how this trade happens now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Bye-bye Alexandrov

It must have something to do with the fact he is not in Boston's system currently, and only the rights were traded. How these things work with the KHL confuses me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Not sure why the Islanders would want someone who isn't good enough to play in the NHL and isn't interested in playing in the AHL.  Maybe the Radulov move is inspiring people...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Someone tell them Carl Soderberg is available, for the right price...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The same as the Soderberg "rights" trade happened. I think because Alexandrov doesn't have to pass through waivers and he isn't in North America that the trade can probably take place.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bye-bye Alexandrov:[QUOTE]Someone tell them Carl Soderberg is available, for the right price...Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

The Yeti-Berg does really exist and is coming to camp this time...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Could future considerations mean a draft pick? We could use a few of those.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it aint easy to confuse red. she talks over most of our heads. eh hem... not me of course.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Bye-bye Alexandrov:
    [QUOTE]Could future considerations mean a draft pick? We could use a few of those.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

At best then maybe a 7th rounder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bye-bye Alexandrov : At best then maybe a 7th rounder.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure it will all depend on whether he ever plays for them. A 7th is still a good guess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What the heck happened to the guy?

I thought he was decent and had potential, but looking at his stats it looks like one of my stock picks - dropping like a stone.

He went from 21 pts in one khl season to 6 this year?  Wow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He was terrible from the first day I saw him at rookie camp, and looked worse and worse through pre-season.

Many were on his jock as they cried for their elusive PMD.

In this case, it stood for "putrid miserable defenseman".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Alas, poor Yuri, I knew ye...NOT!

There will be nothing coming back to the B's.

Too bad...he was a 2nd rounder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

lots of first and seconds that just never make it. Any player needs to want it, in order to "make" it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Maybe "futures" means the Bruins will get Riendeau back.

My understanding is that you can make these moves post deadline but Alexandrov isn't eligible to play for his new club.  Same rule, basically, that meant a team could have blocked the Bruins from signing Turco by putting in a waiver claim, but they wouldn't have been able to play him.  Where's OatesCam - he usually corrects my CBA knowledge when I'm wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]He was terrible from the first day I saw him at rookie camp, and looked worse and worse through pre-season. Many were on his jock as they cried for their elusive PMD. In this case, it stood for "putrid miserable defenseman".
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

He looked good at his first rookie camp.  Quick stick and alert, I can't find the post in the archives but I believe the consensus was that he just needed to add some beef.

Confusion, you must have season him at his second rookie camp because you said you didn't see him at his first rookie camp;

No, I have not seen him play a second.  And because of that, I am not making any statements regarding his ability and I'm certainly not going to suggest that he's better than anyone currently on an NHL roster.  

It's great that you have family in Sweden.  Alexandrov has been playing in Russia.

This kid could show up and be the nuts, or he could show up and be Jon Aitken. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He was captain and top defenseman for the Russians at the Jr. Super Series.  One of the reasons I watched that collossal mis-match with such gusto was that Lucic was the Canadian captain and Alexandrov was the Russian captain.  Oh, and it was 2007, so it was encouraging to see Zach Hamill put up 6 points in 6 games, tying Marchand and much better than Lucic.

Alexandrov was disappointing even then.  Canada played physical hockey as you'd expect from a Brent Sutter team and Alexandrov looked nervious the whole time he was out there.  He certainly didn't look like an offensive defenseman, and while he made some nice breakout passes, he wasn't a particularly fast guy either.  Not fast, not big, not physical, and not eye-poppingly skilled.  And so here we are.

Looking back at the roster for the Russians, it's no surprise they got killed.  Canada's team was all first and second round picks except for Logan Pyett and Marchand.  The only Russian players in that series to go on to make an impact in the NHL to this point are two of their goalies, Varlamov and Whattabout Bobrovsky (who gave up 21 goals and had a GAA of well over 5, a S% of .853).  And Dadonov in Florida.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Someone tell them Carl Soderberg is available, for the right price...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Maybe we can pawn off the rights to Segei Zinoviev while we are at it!!! I hear he thought briefly about returning to the NHL while going to the can yesterday morning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://en.khl.ru/stat/leaders/202/

Hopefully Chudinov can change this trend as he finished 5th for defensman in the KHL regular season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

I know this kid wasn't a stud or anything to that degree, but it makes you wonder why GM's should even bother drafting players that are from Russia or that area of the world. I mean it seems like unless your a Malkin or Dats, or Ovie don't even bother drafting them at all. They are just going to bail and head to the KHL. Wasted pick imo thats all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]                       http://en.khl.ru/stat/leaders/202/ Hopefully Chudinov can change this trend as he finished 5th for defensman in the KHL regular season.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Chudinov seems to have blown past Yuri on the depth chart, nice year for him.  The 4 guys that finished ahead of him in d-man scoring are 30-something journeyman, including Kevin Dallman.  Chudinov turns 22 in a few days, pretty good gamble by PC on a 7th round flyer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bye-bye Alexandrov:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bye-bye Alexandrov : Chudinov seems to have blown past Yuri on the depth chart, nice year for him.  The 4 guys that finished ahead of him in d-man scoring are 30-something journeyman, including Kevin Dallman.  Chudinov turns 22 in a few days, pretty good gamble by PC on a 7th round flyer. Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a 5th but even if it was that is still real good. The Swedish Elite and KHL pay so much more than if you are in the AHL so it will be tough to get him to stay if he came to camp then doesn't make the squad.