BYE BYE MTL.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Re: BYE BYE MTL.

Dave Jackson must be pissed this morning...........his team got eliminated

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btrentor. Show btrentor's posts

Little talked about fact - the two New York Rangers involved in the series winning goal were Boston products - Moore (Harvard) and Boyle (BC).

So in a round about way Boston did eventually stick it to Montreal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I, personally, would have preferred to see the Habs beaten with Price. However, now the Bruins will have the opportunity to eliminate the Habs with Price next year, if the Habs make the playoffs.

Price's absence prolongs Habdom's delusions. A cursory look at their projected 2014-15 line-up does not look good, except to the deluded. Once the line-up is put up to scrutiny there will be no optimism - the Habs will be hard-pressed to make the playoffs next spring.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Great, now we can send them a little miniature Stanley Cup for beating the Bruins. That was their raison d'etre anyways.

...and consider me a knee bender that thinks that both the Kings and Hawks are much better teams that the Rags (or Habs).

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I, personally, would have preferred to see the Habs beaten with Price. However, now the Bruins will have the opportunity to eliminate the Habs with Price next year, if the Habs make the playoffs.

Price's absence prolongs Habdom's delusions. A cursory look at their projected 2014-15 line-up does not look good, except to the deluded. Once the line-up is put up to scrutiny there will be no optimism - the Habs will be hard-pressed to make the playoffs next spring.

[/QUOTE]

They have a lot to be optimistic about. Their top defenseman is on the rise as the B's top defenseman is heading in opposite direction.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. His injury provided them with an excuse to lose. Rags would have beaten them regardless, they had the lead almost the entire series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree with this. His injury provided them with an excuse to lose. Rags would have beaten them regardless, they had the lead almost the entire series.

[/QUOTE]

If the Rags beat the Scabs in 6 with Tokarski,they would have beaten them in 6 or less with Price.Goaltending wasn't the problem,Scabs had too many passengers,Vanek,Plekanec, among them to beat the Rags. My shadenfreude has been kicking in big time,really feeling it with the Montreal fans.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Rags beat the Scabs in 6 with Tokarski,they would have beaten them in 6 or less with Price.Goaltending wasn't the problem,Scabs had too many passengers,Vanek,Plekanec, among them to beat the Rags. My shadenfreude has been kicking in big time,really feeling it with the Montreal fans.  

[/QUOTE]

Ha.....been having a taste of it myself...lol.

But you are right, goaltending wasn't the issue. It seems that the Habs built a team and Therrien coached specifically to beat the Bruins. Rags are a very different entity altogether and MTL didn't adjust at all.

The only thing Tokar did was make the Habs attempt to be even more defensively diligent which took a bit away from their forecheck that was so effective against the B's. That's about it. In truth, they were finished the second the beat the B's but just didn't know it yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I was on the HF Boards last night and the Habs whining started immediately after the game.  Price, Price, Price, Oh, if we only had Price...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only thing Tokar did was make the Habs attempt to be even more defensively diligent which took a bit away from their forecheck that was so effective against the B's. That's about it. In truth, they were finished the second the beat the B's but just didn't know it yet.

[/QUOTE]

Could be true but the shots last night were nearly double in favour of the Rags,Tokar made many big saves,score could have been worse.Tokar will likely end up being the next great Flyers goalie, or the Lerfs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Could be true but the shots last night were nearly double in favour of the Rags,Tokar made many big saves,score could have been worse.Tokar will likely end up being the next great Flyers goalie, or the Lerfs.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe.....I also get a kick out of the changing of the narrative from one series to the next. Habs beat the Bruins and suddenly Subban is the best d man in the NHL, Plecks should have been nominated for the Selke, Vanek was a deadline steal, Price got robbed of the Vezina, etc. Now....crickets.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Montreal... GOWAY GOWAY GOWAY GOWAY...

GOWAY GOWAY GOWAY GOWAY...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Why don't u teach me. Come on let me hear you say the player that buff  gave for number one pick

[/QUOTE]

My comments were about Halak who was the last goalie that made Price look expendable.

How Vanek being traded to the Islanders for a 1st round pick comes up in this conversation ? ( if that's where you're going. I can't tell with your grade 3 posting )..............is a page right out of the "Twilight Zone".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The tone of recent twitter and online chatter of the Hab's exit is pretty revealing. Given the Habs performance up to the 70s and even into the 80s Habs fans were totally demanding and anything less than a cup every year was seen as a complete and total failure. Fast forward to the last few days and their fans are fawningly understanding, misty eyed and eternally grateful for even getting into a chance of a lifetime Semis. All around team/fan hug.

How the mighty have fallen.

I love it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

All right. .. first off they have solId goaltending

Dm en... pk  markov if they sign him emelin georges .. weaver if signed

Forwards - pac plek galchenyuk eller not high on him but gallagher bourque?

Next. Bergevin has made some nice moves and mtl have always been good drafters in the past

These are some non number 1 pix... ludwig lemieux richer naslund chelios roy leclair dejardins  subban emelin markov 

Only on the top of my head 

[/QUOTE]
    What are you rambling on about now?  Ludwig, Lemieux, Richer?  The Bruins drafted Ray Bourque 8th overall.  PC should try to trade up the 8th pick because the Bruins have been good in the past when drafting 8th overall.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The tone of recent twitter and online chatter of the Hab's exit is pretty revealing. Given the Habs performance up to the 70s and even into the 80s Habs fans were totally demanding and anything less than a cup every year was seen as a complete and total failure. Fast forward to the last few days and their fans are fawningly understanding, misty eyed and eternally grateful for even getting into a chance of a lifetime Semis. All around team/fan hug.

How the mighty have fallen.

I love it.

[/QUOTE]

So true, lot s of love to go around. Like was said on another thread,its easy to stay classy when you win a Cup every year, when things go dry, class is just another word. Here's to another 20 yrs of eating dust for the Scabs & their fan base.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I said that

[/QUOTE]

Then you got it right Marco.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Puck Daddy with a Eulogy for the Canadiens:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/eulogy--remembering-the-2013-14-montreal-canadiens-161420822.html

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

Sections
Shortcuts