Bylsma staying put; So is Fleury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bylsma staying put; So is Fleury

Pens sign coach Bylsma to 2 year deal.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9375498/dan-bylsma-signed-extension-pittsburgh-penguins

Also, he has named Fleury as his starter next year. Wouldn't shock me if he were still dealt, but I get the feeling the Pens arent going to do anything drastic, and will come back with pretty much the same squad next year.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9358453/pittsburgh-penguins-coach-says-marc-andre-fleury-regain-job-next-season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: Bylsma staying put; So is Fleury

Mind-boggling. Especially the Fleury part.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The coach can only play his players.  The GM is the failure there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Agree on most NAS but putting Crosby against Bergeron when you have last change is pretty dumb.

As a Bs fan, I like that they've kept him and extended him.

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'm not too surprised. Who gets fired because their team didn't do better than top 4 in the league? Is it his fault his goalie had a meltdown? Is it his fault that Chara is an absolute beast in the playoffs?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think Shero is stealing a page from the PC notebook, PC didn't give up on CJ when many GM's would have fired him.  So now Shero is going to do the same thing, stick with the coach, players because as PC did, he *knows* (but questionable in Pitt) that they are quality players/coaches and they will come around eventually.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Not suprised about DB, but MAF? I just don't see him bouncing back after all of this. Not with the Pens anyway. Some names I'll throw out there that once a team stops believing in you, that's pretty much it. Sevigny in Montreal, Penny in Montreal, Fuhr in Edmonton, Moog in Boston, Moog in Dallas. Casey in Dallas, Belfour in Chicago, Peeters in Boston. These are just a few. And in a lot of cases a goalie who once was great for a team & tries to come back yrs later usually doesn't work out either. IMHO I think it's in MAF's best interest to ask to be moved. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Not suprised about DB, but MAF? I just don't see him bouncing back after all of this. Not with the Pens anyway. Some names I'll throw out there that once a team stops believing in you, that's pretty much it. Sevigny in Montreal, Penny in Montreal, Fuhr in Edmonton, Moog in Boston, Moog in Dallas. Casey in Dallas, Belfour in Chicago, Peeters in Boston. These are just a few. And in a lot of cases a goalie who once was great for a team & tries to come back yrs later usually doesn't work out either. IMHO I think it's in MAF's best interest to ask to be moved. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Fleury is someone they still owe a lot of money to. For that reason alone, I'm not surprised he's getting another chance. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

glad to hear about Fleury and am sure so is the rest of the eastern conference....

Pens have no choice,  it's not as if teams will be lining up to take that contract off their hands considering his play in recent playoffs....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Fleury bounces back. Too good of a goalie not to. Same with that whole team. They should have never traded Jordan Staal. Sutter is good, but Staal was perfect for that team, especially with Malkin and Crosby always fighting the injury bug.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Someone linked some Pen fans' reactions to the game 3 loss; there were several comments along the lines of "Hooray!  That much closer to Bylsma getting fired!"

I guess those fans are not happy today.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

Fleury is someone they still owe a lot of money to. For that reason alone, I'm not surprised he's getting another chance. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree & I know why the Pens are saying "he's our #1", but in Shero's presser today, he said " I spoke to MAF & told him what he needs to do in the off season & that includes working on his focus & a few other things!" What I'm surprised at is that not 1 reporter asked him to elaborate on this. What happed to his focus? What are the other things? Is he too happy all the time? Does he go out too much, does he not commit enough to his conditioning? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I think Fleury bounces back. Too good of a goalie not to. Same with that whole team. They should have never traded Jordan Staal. Sutter is good, but Staal was perfect for that team, especially with Malkin and Crosby always fighting the injury bug.

He's 28 yrs old, there's plenty of time for him to bounce back. I just don't think it's with the Pens. As far as being too good? I don't see what you do. I see a highly touted goalie, who showed some great signs of being great, but has failed more often than not that he actually is what was advertised. A goalie that goes that high in the draft should be at least putting up vezina type #'s almost every yr. Especially playing for the teams he has. Luongo at least has done that. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The right thing to do with Bylsma. So many good things have been said about the way he coaches.   

When you have a good coach , hold on to him........and they did.

Fleury ? He's still young and athletic. Give him a different goalie coach........ a different voice to listen to. Money is the decision maker with him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

glad to hear about Fleury and am sure so is the rest of the eastern conference....

Pens have no choice,  it's not as if teams will be lining up to take that contract off their hands considering his play in recent playoffs....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

It's only 2 years left at $5mil. Not a killer. No Movement too.

A team might take a flyer at the trade deadline if he's playing decently, but again, he'd have to agree.

I personally never thought he was amazing, but had a good couple of years. Maybe he is done. Maybe he doesn't have the desire to work hard enough anymore, but either way, I don't see him being in a #1 much longer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Fluery is no guarantee.  Shero does not shy from trading, and the team is solid up front.  The Pens players threw much support to Bylsma.  If he has a one and done playoffs next year, he will be a goner (As Dudley Moore said in Arthur,  "I...I...think this-ish a gonner." 

Don't judge me monkey!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The right thing to do with Bylsma. So many good things have been said about the way he coaches.   

Fleury ? He's still young and athletic. Give him a different goalie coach........ a different voice to listen to. Money is the decision maker with him.

Interesting. Gilles Meloche, the goalie coach, resigned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

Interesting. Gilles Meloche, the goalie coach, resigned.

[/QUOTE]

No, he got moved to the scouting dept.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm not suprised by Pittsburghs decesion on Bylsma but their fans are furious. I wouldn't buy Fleury out either, I think his problem is confidence.

Sections
Shortcuts