Call Edmonton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

Call Edmonton

If PC is serious lets gun for it this year and not wait till deadline move now big splash. Penner Hemsky and Souray on re entry waivers thats about 10.5 million in salaries roughly 4 for penner hemsky 2.5 for souray. I believe it would take this to get them out of edmonton our 1st and 2nd round picks this year wheeler colbourne alexandrov or kampfer hamil and they would have to take ryder as we take souray and could also throw stuart in the mix the oilers would add youth and they could sign stuart long term ryder they could dish at the deadline with the injury to savvy the salaries would work and a roster that would look like this

lucic krech hemsky
    penner seguin horton
    marchand bergeron recchi
    paille campbell thornton

chara boychuck
    souray seidenberg
    ference mcquaid

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Re: Call Edmonton

Just so I understand you:

Penner, Hemsky, and Souray

for

Boston's 1st Round pick
    Boston's 2nd round pick
    Wheeler
    Colbourne
    Alexandrov or Kampfer
    Hamil
    Ryder
    Mark Stuart

Really?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Wheeler, Paille and Stuart for nothing.....works for me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

To quote my girl Nancy Kerrigan: "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.  WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

If the Bs need a centerman now then id say cal edmonton for horcoff, he would be a good fit but, according to all rumours penner or hemsky could be available, both right wingers, note i said *or * not both available. Cogliano might be available. Souray ?  dunno about that and if you really wanna trade away all that, its just insane.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

No thanks to Souray

I would take a chance on Horcoff or Hemsky if the price is right

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

In Response to Call Edmonton:
    If PC is serious lets gun for it this year and not wait till deadline move now big splash. Penner Hemsky and Souray on re entry waivers thats about 10.5 million in salaries roughly 4 for penner hemsky 2.5 for souray. I believe it would take this to get them out of edmonton our 1st and 2nd round picks this year wheeler colbourne alexandrov or kampfer hamil and they would have to take ryder as we take souray and could also throw stuart in the mix the oilers would add youth and they could sign stuart long term ryder they could dish at the deadline with the injury to savvy the salaries would work and a roster that would look like this lucic krech hemsky penner seguin horton marchand bergeron recchi paille campbell thornton chara boychuck souray seidenberg ference mcquaid
    Posted by ignaceontario

First, I hate to be the English teacher but please realize that you end your post with an 81 word sentence that has no period. I get not having capital letters on names, but posts like these just don't make any sense. Second, why would the Bruins take three over-priced players from one of the worst teams in the league? Let's not forget that all three of these guys played on a team that finished dead last last year. I just saw Souray in Hershey and his skating is still bad. Johnny Boychuk is perfectly capable of launching 100 mile per hour bombs from the point that completely miss the net. Penner and Hemsky make some sense, but not for the ransom that you are proposing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Boston's 1st Round pick
    Boston's 2nd round pick
    Wheeler
    Colbourne
    Alexandrov or Kampfer
    Hamil
    Ryder
    Mark Stuart
    ok are you sure you don,t want to and anybody else ,,lol  eeeeeeek 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Joe Colborne is from Edmonton.  They will ask for Joe Colborne.  I don't think Boston wants to trade Joe Colborne.  Forget this "potential" deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

let's just trade the entire team...for the 1972 cup team-LOL, this trade talk stuff is priceless. endless entertainment or meaningless drivel? i'm leaning towards drivel

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Very hard to read and even harder to understand...

No to Souray, for sure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Dustin Penner is an interesting name. A big solid body that's good for 25+ goals. I wonder a.) if Edmonton is willing to listen for offers for him, and b.) what the cost would be.

It looks like Edmonton is going to tank again and get a top 2 pick (something they'll probly do the next year or two as well), so perhaps they'll listen to offers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Penner would do good in Boston but at what price?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Call Edmonton:
    no to Edmonton......... yes to calling up colborne..... keep the picks.  savard was just marginal this year anyway   DON,T PANIC!
    Posted by pissttt

Keep the picks, yes.  Give Colborne a look - possibly.  I'll scare myself, here, but ... Hamill didn't look that out of place.  Some turnovers, yes, but not as bad as I'd expected but, then again, the team didn't look good as a whole.

Why even consider trading Kampfer?  Kampfer's been everything we could ask for and he's smart and will only get better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Wheeler, Paille and Stuart for nothing.....works for me.
    Posted by nash99

Hey I ignored you years ago, why am I starting to see your Hab absurdity again?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sure, call Edmonton... ask about Foster. A top 4 D, and we wouldn't have to give away the store.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Call Edmonton : Keep the picks, yes.  Give Colborne a look - possibly.  I'll scare myself, here, but ... Hamill didn't look that out of place.  Some turnovers, yes, but not as bad as I'd expected but, then again, the team didn't look good as a whole. Why even consider trading HUNWICKHUNWICK'S been everything we could ask for and he's smart and will only get better.
    Posted by huscroft28

I had this feeling of deja vu that only cleared up when I made the change above.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

You don't think Kampfer has a better upside than Hunwick?

I don't get your comment.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Penner's 28 and coming into his prime.  He has a fairly reasonable cap hit for a 30 goal scorer, and he's signed for another year.  The question really is whether or not he's a legit 30 goal scorer or not.  Edmonton is a run and gun team that generates a lot of open space for a guy like Penner (and the opposition).  He would have to work harder to get that many chances in Boston, and he isn't exactly known as a high motor player.  It took him two years in Edmonton to find his zone.  He's not on pace for 30 this year (28 or so) and I'd bet his pace declines if Hemsky and others are traded.

I'm not sure why Edmonton would push to move him unless there's a locker room issue.  They aren't so deep that they need to clear veterans to let the kids take over, and they are flush with cap dollars.  He provides a useful buffer for Hall/Eberle/Paajarvi so they don't have to face top checking lines.  So - asking price will be tagged to Penner being a 30 goal force for the next 10 years.  Roster player, top prospect, high pick.  I don't think he'd have enough impact to justify that bounty.

Hemsky's an injury waiting to happen, but he'd be an interesting addition - something like Satan 4.0.  He's been close to a PPG player several years.  Be fun to see if he fits with Krejci.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You don't think Kampfer has a better upside than Hunwick? I don't get your comment.
    Posted by huscroft28

Two years ago, before the spleen injury, I think we all thought Hunwick was going to be exactly what we're now hoping Kampfer can be - a speedy, responsible, skating defenseman who improves the breakout and puckhandling of the Bruin D corps.  Plenty of people on this forum figured "he would only get better" with experience.  Didn't work that way.  That's all - we went down this road with Hunwick, and it didn't pay off (with apologies to Cohen).  Not that I'm supporting the idea of tossing him in to sweeten deals.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Call Edmonton : Two years ago, before the spleen injury, I think we all thought Hunwick was going to be exactly what we're now hoping Kampfer can be - a speedy, responsible, skating defenseman who improves the breakout and puckhandling of the Bruin D corps.  Plenty of people on this forum figured "he would only get better" with experience.  Didn't work that way.  That's all - we went down this road with Hunwick, and it didn't pay off (with apologies to Cohen).  Not that I'm supporting the idea of tossing him in to sweeten deals.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I, for one, never climbed on the Matt Hunwick bandwagon - I thought he was too small, not physical enough, and I was privately irritated that his "talents" pushed Sheriff Shane to the pressbox.

I like Kampfer's speed, physicality, and I like the way he moves the puck.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

No thanks to Souray I would take a chance on Horcoff or Hemsky if the price is right
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

Was in Hershey two weeks ago, went to the game and found out Souray was out with "An UpperBody Injury", asked around if it was his hand again but they were very quiet.  Horcoff is money on  faceoffs, he'd be worth a look, don't think it would be that steep for him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Five4Fighting. Show Five4Fighting's posts

I'm a Hershey native and a huge Bears fan. I see Souray play quite often. You don't want him going to the Bruins(certainly not for anything big). He has been injured a few times this season. I don't really see him being any type of answer for the B's.

I wouldn't give up the Defense in place now to acquire him. He's not the powerplay force needed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

I'm a Hershey native and a huge Bears fan. I see Souray play quite often. You don't want him going to the Bruins(certainly not for anything big). He has been injured a few times this season. I don't really see him being any type of answer for the B's. I wouldn't give up the Defense in place now to acquire him. He's not the powerplay force needed.
    Posted by Five4Fighting

BTW, game was against Albany, 7 fights, 5 ejections and 173 PIM's...awesome game, great hockey town, really enjoyed it.  Bears won 8-3

Sections
Shortcuts