Call-up potential

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Call-up potential

It seems both Campbell and Paille are questionable tomorrow.  Should neither be ready, who do you think get's the call-up?  Hamill again?

Or does Julien dress a 7th D to spread out Chara's minutes more, and rotate Peverley/Kelly on the 4th line with Caron and Thornton?

Not exactly a lot to inspire confidence in Providence for either option.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

Re: Call-up potential

I say give the kids  a chance.  Kampfer should be fine for a couple of games.  If soupy/ paille can't go then call up Hamil.  Put him on the 3rd line with Pev/ Pouliot and drop Kelly if necessary to the 4th with Caron/ Thornton.  I don't like the idea of the 4th line: caron/hamil/thornton. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think I would vote for Hamill too.  The defense should be fine and Kampfer has been waiting for the opportunity.  No d-men are blowing the doors off in Providence either.

I bet that either Paille or Campbell will suit up, but if not, Hamill knows the system and knows exactly what is expected of him.  The same might not be able to be said for Carter Camper or Josh Hennessy.  And nobody else deserves the call. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

4th line center ?  Hamill.
    Kampfer because it's short term will be okay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In Response to Re: Call-up potential:
    I say give the kids  a chance.  Kampfer should be fine for a couple of games.  If soupy/ paille can't go then call up Hamil.  Put him on the 3rd line with Pev/ Pouliot and drop Kelly if necessary to the 4th with Caron/ Thornton.  I don't like the idea of the 4th line: caron/hamil/thornton. 
    Posted by Couldthisbetheyear

your sayin gmove kelly down to the fourth line so hamill can play 3rd line? do you know that kelly is 2nd on the team in goals with 11?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Time to get Kampfer some minutes w/Chara out. Could serve dual purposes--if he plays well it could be a showcase for a potential trade later in the year for a more specific need, should that arise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Those are the obvious moves. Hamill to replace Campbell and leave the other lines intact. No obvious problem with Caron/Hamill/Thornton. Short shifts, and give Caron more PK time if needed. Defensive pairings might be a challenge as Corvo, Boychuck,McQuaid and Kamfer all usually play the right side. My preference would keep Ference/McQuaid together; Then Seids with Corvo [ they have been playing together] ; leaving Boychuck/Kamfer; and switch them around as the game progresses if necessary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

^kampfer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

Boychuk & Kampfer as the 3rd pairing. Yikes!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'd split Ferrence with Boychuck and Seidenberg with Kampfer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Carter Camper  and Josh Hennessy are also worth bringing up  as well as Hamill.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Kampfer is the only choice!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hamill's the choice .

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

You put Kelly on the 4th line, because a defensively lacking Hamill, an overall skills lacking Thornton, and Caron (who's solid, but nothing spectacular) on one line is chaos. He's trying to spread out the deficiencies by putting Kelly with two weaker players. Hamill/Pevs/Pouliot and Caron/Kelly/Thornton allows you to spread it out a bit more and roll 4 lines.
    Kelly is a great 3rd liner, and yes, he's the 2nd leading goal scorer on the Bruins, but don't even act like he's the Bruins 2nd BEST goal scorer...there is a huge difference.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

In Response to Re: Call-up potential:
    You put Kelly on the 4th line, because a defensively lacking Hamill, an overall skills lacking Thornton, and Caron (who's solid, but nothing spectacular) on one line is chaos. He's trying to spread out the deficiencies by putting Kelly with two weaker players. Hamill/Pevs/Pouliot and Caron/Kelly/Thornton allows you to spread it out a bit more and roll 4 lines. Kelly is a great 3rd liner, and yes, he's the 2nd leading goal scorer on the Bruins, but don't even act like he's the Bruins 2nd BEST goal scorer...there is a huge difference.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So we know Hamill replacing Campbell.
    What I don't like on Chara missing is pairing on D Steve Kampfer-Joe Corvo (as per blog on homepage).
    Also to note I might get to see Chara tomorrow afterall although  I would hope they are not rushing Chara back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

Yes, that is the thought process.  Spread out the risk. LA is a fast skating team and could take advantage of a too young a 4th line.  As much as I like Thornton to pair him with Hamil and Caron could be a little too risky.  Plus LA has a new coach tonite and most players will be trying to impress the new coach...so head's up tonite.

Sections
Shortcuts