Callahan a Bruin in 2014-15

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Callahan a Bruin in 2014-15

Love to see Callahan on Bergeron,s right side next year. Thinking he would become a instant fan favorite. With Iggy a UFA, Callhan a UFA everything lines up that this could happen granted he doesnt sign with the bolts. Love Iggy & his game, but Callahan would be the perfect fit for years on in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Re: Callahan a Bruin in 2014-15

I agree, I always thought Callahan was a prototypical Bruin and would be a great fit on the ice, but not so much in the cap though, he is asking for a lot. His asking price would be the highest on the team of forwards. Having a tough time justifying his value being higher than Bergeron, Lucic, Krejci and within the Z, Tuuk range. The most comparible Bruin would be Looch, and he does not score as much or is as big or hits as hard as Looch. 4.5-5m range would be better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Would be nice, but there will be a huge bidding war for the former captain.

PC has options. Would be great to extend Krejci and Soderberg this summer before they even sniff UFA status. Krug will need a deal. But there should be a little wiggle room for some additions. Not in the Callahan range unless roster players are dealt, but certainly some room.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think there's a very real possibility somebody gets Lapointed with Callahan - someone will go $6.5M/7 to make a splash, and by Christmas, whoever marco is for that fanbase will be just crushing it on chat boards saying it's ridiculous Callahan has 4 goals and 14 points for that amount of money - what a waste when they could have used that money on a genuine sniper like Vanek/Moulson/Cammalieri.

Sure hope it's not Boston.  Nothing against Callahan, but I don't think he ever gets close to 30 goals again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Doubt it. Some team will probably overpay him. I bet they resign Iginla for a couple years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Earlier projections had next year's cap around $71M.  Apparently a declining Canadian dollar is driving that down - perhaps as low as $68M.  If Iginla hits all his bonuses, I think it wipes out basically all of that increase, and the Bruins will have to have a team paid basically the same as this year's.  That means a vet on a 1-year deal with bonuses, or promotion from within.

... why are we talking about next year already?  Don't we have a parade to plan?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would have liked Callahan for the stretch run but for next season I want Soderberg and Krejci to have someone that can pop that puck in the net. As mentioned his renewal price is too much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

... why are we talking about next year already?  Don't we have a parade to plan?

Just alittle thought from yesterdays aftermath thats all. Most people love that big splash on deadline day, just alittle thought to calm the disappointment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Callahan is asking way to much for a defensive forward,he will get it though and good for him,just not from Boston.There are better ways Boston to spend their money.As stated i doubt Callahan comes near 30 gls again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not to pile on on this idea, but if the plan is to use Iginla's dollars, I'm not sure I'd want Callahan as a first line winger.  I'm curious to see how the Tampans use him, because St.Louis was their leading scorer by a 50% bulge over Filppula.  Their top scorers are now a bunch of guys who played in the A last year.  Remember what happened to Cory Conacher once he left the opportunity that is being on a line with St.Louis and Stamkos?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Not gonna happen, makes no sense that he'd be our top earning forward

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Whatever to Callahan and his requests.  Call me when he has Selke bookends.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If I'm paying that much money for a top 6 forward I want top 6 forward numbers. He's a good two way player, but not for the money he is asking for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

If I'm paying that much money for a top 6 forward I want top 6 forward numbers. He's a good two way player, but not for the money he is asking for.

All of the Callahan jock riding is nuts here.  I don't get it.  The guy is exactly that, Kel.  A good two way forward.  Reading stuff here, you'd think they were talking about 1994 Fedorov.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Ridiculous money! I know he'll get it from someone, but he's a middle of pack two way forward imo. He doesn't have the intagibles that a Bergeron, or Toews has. Yes, he blocks shots like nobody's business, but we already know we have Campbell to do that & it he doesn't charge 6.5 million while he does it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

NYC media hype on Callahan...similar to the Lunnnnnquist, the King of Hockey!

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

All of the Callahan jock riding is nuts here.  I don't get it.  The guy is exactly that, Kel.  A good two way forward.  Reading stuff here, you'd think they were talking about 1994 Fedorov.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think of him as Campbell on steroids and costing a lot more. Pass.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I think there's a very real possibility somebody gets Lapointed with Callahan - someone will go $6.5M/7 to make a splash, and by Christmas, whoever marco is for that fanbase will be just crushing it on chat boards saying it's ridiculous Callahan has 4 goals and 14 points for that amount of money - what a waste when they could have used that money on a genuine sniper like Vanek/Moulson/Cammalieri.

Sure hope it's not Boston.  Nothing against Callahan, but I don't think he ever gets close to 30 goals again.

Nope not quite- not a huge vanek fan but could have been very helpful for playoffs same for camm. Dont really care about moulson... and callahan if they sign him ok if not Don't really care

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

NYC media hype on Callahan...similar to the Lunnnnnquist, the King of Hockey!

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Ah fedorov now that's what I'm talking about

Sections
Shortcuts