Calling Nathan Horton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Calling Nathan Horton?

Hello.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Re: Calling Nathan Horton?

Same thing happened last year too, however. I think this is just Horton being Horton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

This is a game he needs to get up for and bury 1 of his many chances.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

It's generally helpful for a winger if his center shows up.

In Response to Calling Nathan Horton?:
    Hello.
    Posted by callodthedom19

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If Horton was not getting chances I would agree with you.  He's wroking hard . He tries to go high all the time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

B's I just thought he would have been more physical tonight. The hussle seems to always be there with him but the physical play is were it is lacking right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Calling Nathan Horton?:
    B's I just thought he would have been more physical tonight. The hussle seems to always be there with him but the physical play is were it is lacking right now.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Alright, you might have something there.  I think he needs someone to get him upset.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Boy does he look bad.  He just never seems to win 50/50 battles and looks like he is hard to play with for Lucic and Krejci.

But, how can we complain at 10 in a row??

Hopefully when other guys slump, he'll get it going.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I would be worried if he was not getting his chances , like tonite he should have buried a few.. Last year's Horton would have.. I  happen to think that little concussion problem he had in the playoffs might be a contributing factor in his sometimes lackadaisical play . I don't think he has fully recovered , even though he continues to say he feels fine from what I read.... I don't buy it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He gets a pass until the playoffs start.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

He is on his way to becoming the next Ryder.
    Put him on the 3rd line, and move Peverley up, to inject some speed on the first line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Peverley sure does deserve it... I saw a lot of hustle from him again tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Why complain...it's a team game and sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down, the fact still remains that this team has won 10 in a row.

Go Bru-wins!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

Horton is notoriously streaky, he'll score 20-25 this year.  But he sure seems like he loves the playoffs!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

he set his alarm for "playoffs"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

KLH starts with Kreji, who is either still nursing an injury, or has  some flu-like symptoms holding him back. Last night he lost a sprint, to prevent an icing, that he has usually won, so something is bothering him. Horton needs some one on one with Claude so he understands the difference between Claude's unhappiness with bad penalties, and the need to be legally agressive. He has certainly learned Claude's system, but he is being too cautious. A little more Bergeron-type agression would be a good example for him to follow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Boy does he look bad.  He just never seems to win 50/50 battles and looks like he is hard to play with for Lucic and Krejci. But, how can we complain at 10 in a row?? Hopefully when other guys slump, he'll get it going.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Fletch, I think this part is spot on for sure. I see positives in the Bruins winning without big numbers from the 1st line on most nights.......and before anyone points it out, I only refer to them as the 1st line because they are supposed to be. I'm comfortable saying there are no bigger fans of Bergeron-Seguin-Marchand than me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Calling Nathan Horton? : Yup. Krejci's no show lately hasn't helped Horton.
    Posted by ipot

No idea what is up with Krejci. Has not been close to the player we seen in last years playoffs and at points throughout his career. I expect much more out of him, but to this point, I have been really disapointed with his overall play. He just don't look right. If he is hurt maybe he should shut it down until he is healthy but something has to be wrong with the guy. Very dissapointing to this point.This is one guy I wouldn't run from though.

As for Horton I am not surprised. He is what he is. He lacks the hockey sense to go with the physical skills he has. He is also an awful stickhandling & puck carrier at this level.Great shot but takes to long to get it off. He would be much more productive if he just stick to getting open & improving his release on his lethal shot.

At this time Tyler Seguin is easily the teams best winger & offensive player. I would say Marchand is the number 2 top winger on the team. Bergy is Bergy.

When Krejci starts clicking the team will be scary good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Calling Nathan Horton? : No idea what is up with Krejci. Has not been close to the player we seen in last years playoffs and at points throughout his career. I expect much more out of him, but to this point, I have been really disapointed with his overall play. He just don't look right. If he is hurt maybe he should shut it down until he is healthy but something has to be wrong with the guy. Very dissapointing to this point.This is one guy I wouldn't run from though. As for Horton I am not surprised. He is what he is. He lacks the hockey sense to go with the physical skills he has. He is also an awful stickhandling & puck carrier at this level.Great shot but takes to long to get it off. He would be much more productive if he just stick to getting open & improving his release on his lethal shot. At this time Tyler Seguin is easily the teams best winger & offensive player. I would say Marchand is the number 2 top winger on the team. Bergy is Bergy. When that Krejci line starts clicking the team will be scary good.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Newf, the good thing about DK is he's got the skills to go on a tear at any time. As mentioned, this team will only get better once all of the lines start scoring consistently. The funny thing is this line was the 1 we figured we wouldn't have to worry about. No worries though. Winning streaks can usually calm the critics.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not to give excuses for Krejci but Book brought up a good point on David's slow start is that this is part of his history, #46 just plays better as it warms up. Even in his best offensive statistical year 08-09' when the Bruins only lost 2 games in Nov. Krejci didn't heat up till March then he got the bulk of his points.

As Fletch mentioned can't worry too much the Bs are in the midst of a 10 game win streak but it is still frustrating because he's got so much talent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Everyone knows the KLH line is streaky. Sometimes they're very good, sometimes not. It really does start with Krejci though....if he's rolling, the line is rolling.
    I wouldn't blame Horton, though. He came exactly as advertised for the Bruins, other than his playoff performance where he clearly stepped it up (there was no advertisement on that).
    He had always been a 25G guy, and anyone who was thinking they would get an automatic boost is crazy.
    I guess the problem is that we're relying on 3 guys who are all streaky players to be on the first line....and not 80-point streaky players, but 60-point streaky players. When this line isn't clicking, it gets frustrating....
    Luckily, they've all been demoted to line #2 due to the 7/11 line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Calling Nathan Horton? : Newf, the good thing about DK is he's got the skills to go on a tear at any time. As mentioned, this team will only get better once all of the lines start scoring consistently. The funny thing is this line was the 1 we figured we wouldn't have to worry about. No worries though. Winning streaks can usually calm the critics.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Very true. The fact that this team has won 10 straight games while a guy like Krejci has been in an malaise is very impressive. Certainly a bright present and future here.

Great goaltending, great team defence, best defenceman in the league in Chara and a blossoming stud forward in Seguin with guys like Hamilton on the way. Great time to be a Bs fan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Calling Nathan Horton? : Very true. The fact that this team has won 10 straight games while a guy like Krejci has been in an malaise is very impressive. Certainly a bright present and future here. Great goaltending, great team defence, best defenceman in the league in Chara and a blossoming stud forward in Seguin with guys like Hamilton on the way. Great time to be a Bs fan.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Krecji passes too often to be a consistent regular season scorer. He was a bit more selfish in the playoffs and he had a ton of goals. We need him to be a 25 goal plus man as a number 1 or 2 center, not 15-ish. But we all know how hard it is to tell a player to shoot more. Look at Kaberle.
    Funny thing is if Krecji did shoot more it would open up more ice for his linemates, then they would score more goals. It would definitely have a ripple effect. I think miost teams back off Krecji knowing he'll pass to Looch and Horton.

Sections
Shortcuts