Calling out Marco - what does "depth" in hockey.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Calling out Marco - what does "depth" in hockey.

Marco says

explain why you think we have more depth up front .

dont forget horton.

Bhab depth doesn't mean ur ahl players or 4th liners only. . It means he deep acteam is for ex. Rangers have no depth except for nash after thst it sinks rapidly. The same can be said of TB after stamkos way down

I say:

What's Horton got to do with DEPTH? I said DEPTH for Chrissakes, your regular lineup is your regular lineup. Like them or not that's who they are. DEPTH players are the ones you have when someone in the regular lineup gets hurt. This year Fraser, or Caron are better than DogVan or Pandolfo.

Last year for callups they had

Spooner, Caron, DogVan, Pandolfo, Soderberg, Tardif - MacDermind was already traded by the playoffs.

This year for callups they have

Spooner, Caron, Fraser, Nick Johnson, Cunningham, Lindblad, Koko, Florek

This years callup team destroys last year's callup team, plus there were 8 of them this year and only 6 last year.

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Calling out Marco - what does

Dog-man was just embarrassing last year. a waiver wire pickup from the Sens....lol. Can't believe he was the best the team could come up with. That they made it to Game 6 in the SCF says a lot about the strength of the core of this team and coaching abilities of CJ.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So what I'm saying to summarize is, "depth" means the players you have after your 1st and 2nd lines.

Yahoo answers agrees with me.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101224195925AATgc5z" rel="nofollow">https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101224195925AATgc5z

Marco - please explain how Horton is a "depth" player.

NAS - shut the f up.  You battle Rusty on stuff like this all the time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

To see this all in context, it's here:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/fraser-in-the-lineup/100/7141968?page=3

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

So what I'm saying to summarize is, "depth" means the players you have after your 1st and 2nd lines.

Yahoo answers agrees with me.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101224195925AATgc5z" rel="nofollow">https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101224195925AATgc5z" rel="nofollow">https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101224195925AATgc5z" rel="nofollow">https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101224195925AATgc5z" rel="nofollow">https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101224195925AATgc5z

Marco - please explain how Horton is a "depth" player.

NAS - shut the f up.  You battle Rusty on stuff like this all the time.

This is very important. ;-p

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

(sigh)

Well, none of this stuff and hockey is very important in the grand scheme of things.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

(sigh)

Well, none of this stuff and hockey is very important in the grand scheme of things.

[/QUOTE]

I meant the "shut the F up Nas" part,which i hi-lighted. ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

I meant the "shut the F up Nas" part,which i hi-lighted. ;)

[/QUOTE]

Sorry 50, never saw the highlight with this new fangled p os format

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good stuff, BHab.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good stuff, BHab.

[/QUOTE]

Seems like we've given up on not reading threads haven't we?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Seems like we've given up on not reading threads haven't we?

[/QUOTE]

I haven't read any of the game day threads or the ones about this or that player.  I figured this might be interesting.  It wasn't, but at least it didn't mention Rask stealing a game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If it's interesting you want, try these on for size:

* the average zamboni puts 2000 miles a year on it's odometer

* The 'h' in the Canadiens logo stands for "hockey" and not "habitants" as is commonly thought,  Montreal is technically the “Club de Hockey Canadien”, and were once the "Club Athletique Canadien"...hence the "A" that once sat in place of the modern "H". Habitant is a nickname, but is not the reason for the letter.

* Jacques Plante loved to knit.

* Phil Esposito was born with 8 toes on his left foot, the extra 3 were surgically removed while he was an infant.

* OT was a regular thing in the NHL until WW2 came along and the teams had to keep on the train schedules.

* Former Montreal goalie Ken Dryden is the ONLY NHLer to have won the Conn Smythe for best playoff performance BEFORE winning the Calder for Best Rookie Player.

* To date, NAS has sent me 37 personal messages confessing he has "special feelings" for Chowda and Dez.

* There was once a rule saying the team captain had to be on the ice at ALL times.

* It was once a penalty to kick the puck in any circumstance

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I was hoping* to read, Eriksson is out of shape, he has "big" shoulder pads, he is skinny, he is soft, he is trade bait this summer..... I am disappointed!  *satrical

The last two games Eriksson was on the ice the last two minutes of the game.  CJ must think he is an excellent defensive player.  Eriksson makes sweet passes, he needs to shoot more.  Lastly Bergeron after his concussions took close to two years to gain his offensive skills.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm frustrated with Eriksson's lack of production just like everyone else.  I'm sure the guy didn't forget how to score.  I'm hoping his pitiful point production is directly related to his concussions and their lingering affects.

Can you imagine if he returns to form next summer, a la Bergeron many years ago?

Unstoppable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I thought Horton was horrible until the 2011 playoffs.  I'll give Loui the benefit of the doubt until this season is over.  We tend to pass judgement too soon around here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Horton was horrible until the 2011 playoffs.  I'll give Loui the benefit of the doubt until this season is over.  We tend to pass judgement too soon around here.

[/QUOTE]

Right on handnall....who knows..Loui may end up scoring the winning goal in the 7th game Stanley Cup final against L.A.

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right on handnall....who knows..Loui may end up scoring the winning goal in the 7th game Stanley Cup final against L.A.

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

[/QUOTE]

Hey Stanley question for you if Thornton were to score the game winner in game 7 of finals would you love him?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I like what I see from Louie when there is a scramble in front or other stick battle situations, I don't think he had much of that with Dallas and it doesn't happen as much on the big Euro rinks.

Correct answer is wait and see.

My gut feel is that he is one of those guys whose career peak is at 29-32, there are ways in which he remids me of Jean Ratelle.

Sections
Shortcuts