Calling Out Zdeno Chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Re: Calling Out Zdeno Chara

I cannot argue with either of these posts. I was thinking the same thing myself tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Plays the most minutes of any Bruin... and against the other teams best... and does it every game... and even does it hurt. Best defensive team in the NHL. Norris trophy winner.

You guys are crazy... do you even watch hockey?

A lot of what he does never shows up on the scoresheet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Calling Out Zdeno Chara:
    [QUOTE]Plays the most minutes of any Bruin... and against the other teams best... and does it every game... and even does it hurt. Best defensive team in the NHL. Norris trophy winner. You guys are crazy... do you even watch hockey? A lot of what he does never shows up on the scoresheet.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Maybe if he did a Ray Lewis dance after every hit he'd get more respect?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Watching hockey and knowing hockey obviously don't always go hand in hand.Blaming Chara for anything tonight is ridiculous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Watching hockey and knowing hockey obviously don't always go hand in hand.Blaming Chara for anything tonight is ridiculous.

Serious?...I've forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Watching hockey and knowing hockey obviously don't always go hand in hand.Blaming Chara for anything tonight is ridiculous. Serious?...I've forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    OK.Feel free to impart your wisdom upon me.I look forward to your next quality postings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Calling Out Zdeno Chara:
    [QUOTE]So it took a little shove from Paxioretty AFTER the game for you to finally show some emotion??? That tying goal went off of Gionta all 5'9 of him while he was parked in the crease....There is NO fear of going in there...I understand the rules have changed but for christ sakes if theres ever a time to lay someone out that is it!!!!!! You have so much more talent than Derian Hatcher did but you don't even come close to him as a defenseman. I hate to say it Z, but you can't be the captain of MY Boston Bruins... Also, did Milan Lucic play tonight?? such a non factor..Cam Neely should be very offended next time someone refers to miulan as a "power forward"
    Neely had 104 pts. in his first 201 games.Lucic has117 pts.in his first 239 games.Not a huge difference in the way their careers started.I'm a huge Neely fan but unfortunately I can't watch hockey in a time machine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

So much more than numbers as far as being a power forward. You don't have to watch hockey in a time machine to understand that. I don't remember Neely, Tocchet or Wendal Clark being non factos for such a long stretch...I doin't see any Canadien D-men looking back in fear as they went to retrieve the pucks out of the corners...I used to be able to see the fear in Petr Svoboda's eyes as he went in there...go get me some TOI stats, that'll help your argument.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]So much more than numbers as far as being a power forward. You don't have to watch hockey in a time machine to understand that. I don't remember Neely, Tocchet or Wendal Clark being non factos for such a long stretch...I doin't see any Canadien D-men looking back in fear as they went to retrieve the pucks out of the corners...I used to be able to see the fear in Petr Svoboda's eyes as he went in there...go get me some TOI stats, that'll help your argument.
    I look forward to you regaling me with tales of how great a young Cam was in Vancouver.I guess it's really a compliment to Lucic that you're calling him out like he's a 10 year vet,not the 22 yr.old that he is.Overall he's had a great start to his career.It's not his fault people have such ridiculous expectations of him because his game has been compared to one of the best of all time.The fact is he's a young player in a slump and goals aren't as easy to come by in todays game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Agree with the point that I liked Chara's game better when it had some nasty in it.  He does not intimidate anyone anymore, exactly why that punk Pacioretty gave him the shove from behind.  Exactly, why Subban and Gomez felt comfortable confronting him in the scrum.  I like the Pronger analogy, he still intimidates out there.

That does not mean that Chara is not playing well.
    - 3rd in the league in TOI
    - tied for 20th @ +14

The captain stuff is a bogus argument, Chara is the captain and deserves to be.  I would simply like to see more emotion from him during the game, I think the team would follow his lead.  Remember "difficult to play against"?   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Do you really believe that Chara isn't being told by CJ that he needs to be careful when he gets physical? First, to avoid injury to himself and second, to avoid a penalty since the refs will always be harder on the "big guy" ...he's too important and we need him on the ice!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I've always been a Chara supporter, but ALLL he had to do was make sure that last clear was not icing and the B's win that game. It's his fault they got stuck with Thornton on the ice. Truly horrible situational hockey on his part. And him getting mad after the game was gone? Awful.

That said, we still need him badly and the positives far outweight the negatives.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Nice goal by chara as well. Gave the habs all the momentum they needed. It's no surprise he was on the ice for every hab goal. Heck he even scored one for them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Chara is in a slump like a number of Bruins.  But he's our best player day in day out. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Forget comparing Lucic to Neely. Why not compare Lucic to Mike Richards? This is the guy Lucic should be patterning his game after. Richards isn't that big but he gets a ton of respect and space, he is a game-changer and is always on the ice in the last two minutes. Richards makes people pay for their mistakes, ask David Krejci. Lucic wasn't far off this trajectory, being considered seriously for Team Canada last year before his injury trouble
    Neely had 'the look'. Richards has 'the look'. It says, 'I'm a competitor' 
    Lucic doesn't have that 'look' much anymore
    Few of the Bruins do. Chara does.

But, if Chara is guilty of anything, it might be that his presence casts such a shadow that no one else on the team feels the need or obligation to lead. He has infantilized his teammates with his Calvinist work ethic and untouchable standards. Chara is a man amongst boys and they are playing this way,  boy-dependant on the Coach for eveything; assignment, direction, competitive drive....heart and soul

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This thread is a perfect example of why I am starting to think it is best to stay away from this board for 12 hours after a loss.  What complete nonsense.

Anyone who thinks that Chara stinks and shouldn't be captain, please, find another team or go back to the Red Sox board. 

I should note that Crowls describes it perfectly.  Chara does need to get more nasty back in his game.  Sometimes I'm fine with a 2 minute penalty if Brian Gionta is removed from the crease so violently that he will remember it for the rest of the season.  But keep a litle perspective of everything that guy does for the team.

And taz has got to be the most useless poster here.  Every one is the exact same idiotic rant from an obviously miserable person.  It was nice having nobody on the ignore list for a while, but taz is forcing my hand...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Forget comparing Lucic to Neely. Why not compare Lucic to Mike Richards? This is the guy Lucic should be patterning his game after. Richards isn't that big but he gets a ton of respect and space, he is a game-changer and is always on the ice in the last two minutes. Richards makes people pay for their mistakes, ask David Krejci. Lucic wasn't far off this trajectory, being considered seriously for Team Canada last year before his injury trouble Neely had 'the look'. Richards has 'the look'. It says, 'I'm a competitor'  Lucic doesn't have that 'look' much anymore Few of the Bruins do. Chara does. But, if Chara is guilty of anything, it might be that his presence casts such a shadow that no one else on the team feels the need or obligation to lead. He has infantilized his teammates with his Calvinist work ethic and untouchable standards. Chara is a man amongst boys and they are playing this way,  boy-dependant on the Coach for eveything; assignment, direction, competitive drive....heart and soul
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    That look seemed to be there before Savard returned to play with Lucic.I'd like to  see a line of Bergeron with Marchand and Lucic.I think they'd have great chemistry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]So much more than numbers as far as being a power forward. You don't have to watch hockey in a time machine to understand that. I don't remember Neely, Tocchet or Wendal Clark being non factos for such a long stretch...I doin't see any Canadien D-men looking back in fear as they went to retrieve the pucks out of the corners...I used to be able to see the fear in Petr Svoboda's eyes as he went in there...go get me some TOI stats, that'll help your argument.
    I'll trust stats over your memory of a look in a defenceman's eyes anytime.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]This thread is a perfect example of why I am starting to think it is best to stay away from this board for 12 hours after a loss.  What complete nonsense. Anyone who thinks that Chara stinks and shouldn't be captain, please, find another team or go back to the Red Sox board.  I should note that Crowls describes it perfectly.  Chara does need to get more nasty back in his game.  Sometimes I'm fine with a 2 minute penalty if Brian Gionta is removed from the crease so violently that he will remember it for the rest of the season.  But keep a litle perspective of everything that guy does for the team. And taz has got to be the most useless poster here.  Every one is the exact same idiotic rant from an obviously miserable person.  It was nice having nobody on the ignore list for a while, but taz is forcing my hand...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    From Taz to Chara,your spot on in your observations.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling Out Zdeno Chara : I'll trust stats over your memory of a look in a defenceman's eyes anytime.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ha, lol, well said...

I think I recall a slight quiver in the lip of the zamboni driver when Neely hopped over the boards, and frankly, you don't always see that with Lucic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TiPit. Show TiPit's posts

Chara with Thomas and Rask are nonetheless the cornerstone of the best defence in the league.  That being said, Chara is very good but he is not Orr or Bourque and we must accept it.  The real problem is that the team cannot score goals so, instead of shopping around for another D, try to find an offensive player, a very good one.

Second point, Lucic; I really like Lucic but he is way overrated.  Any comparison to Neely is an insult to Cam N.   Neely could skate, deek, score, hit and fight.  Lucic does not have the skating or shooting ability that Neely had.  Is he useful, sure, opponents are scared and he makes room for himself and his partners but do not expect tons of goals.  How many empty nets this year.  Not being disrespectful but, he is not currently the player that will save the team.  I think Wheeler got more talent, if only he could show some heart. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjd57. Show rjd57's posts

Whoever is in charge of designing and coaching the power play on this club -- if in fact anyone is -- needs to be replaced right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Watching hockey and knowing hockey obviously don't always go hand in hand.Blaming Chara for anything tonight is ridiculous. Serious?...I've forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know

Reading your posts, I'd have to say you've forgotten everything you ever knew.

Sections
Shortcuts