CAM NEELY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

CAM NEELY

When the Bruins lost to the Caps in the 1st round last season Mr. Neely promised a better PP. He has been very silent this season and sure has not come thur with his promise. He and PC should be hard on Cj to get more out of this team and with the players they have in the lineup should be better on the PP and scoring.

Cam has been invisible this season and we need him to put the fear of Neely in them and Fire Ward as PP coach. This team needs a shakeup and with the trade dead line gone the only real shake up is fire Ward which may put a fire under CJ's ass. The Bruins also have time to look in house at some very good players playing for the 1st place PB's. If the Bruins want to this season Cam kick some ass.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

Re: CAM NEELY

The heck with Neely, Fire Ward the PP coach.  For three years we have stunk on the PP and watching a full minute of two men up last night with no shots, has to show we have the wrong plan on the PP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to KWPatsFan's comment:

The heck with Neely, Fire Ward the PP coach.  For three years we have stunk on the PP and watching a full minute of two men up last night with no shots, has to show we have the wrong plan on the PP.

So, you'd prefer they had a good powerplay in 2010-11 and not win the Cup?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think PC brought in a great piece to help get the Bruins PP to where it should be, effective more than not. However Brunod there is the coaching staff and it's back to you know who... Geoff Ward and Claude Julien.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I have to laugh every time I see B's fans reaching out for Neely to do something.. The guy is nothing but a figure head put there by Jacobs back when the Bruins were struggling for an identity.  That was almost 7 years ago... Please tell me one, just one impactful decision made by Neely since then that he has made that related to the on ice product ? That's because  PC is the head off hockey operations, meaning anything that relates to the on ice product goes thru him... Does PC get input from Neely from time to time, i would say yes, but final say is PC....Heck, Neely does  not even have the power to fire PC...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

I have to laugh every time I see B's fans reaching out for Neely to do something.. The guy is nothing but a figure head put there by Jacobs back when the Bruins were struggling for an identity.  That was almost 7 years ago... Please tell me one, just one impactful decision made by Neely since then that he has made that related to the on ice product ? That's because  PC is the head off hockey operations, meaning anything that relates to the on ice product goes thru him... Does PC get input from Neely from time to time, i would say yes, but final say is PC....Heck, Neely does  not even have the power to fire PC...

I know, everytime I see this it makes me laugh also.  If Neely wants to be vocal and/or change things then why doesn't he force some hands and become GM or Coach.  Silly isn't it ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from madalton. Show madalton's posts

In response to brunod's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When the Bruins lost to the Caps in the 1st round last season Mr. Neely promised a better PP. He has been very silent this season and sure has not come thur with his promise. He and PC should be hard on Cj to get more out of this team and with the players they have in the lineup should be better on the PP and scoring.

Cam has been invisible this season and we need him to put the fear of Neely in them and Fire Ward as PP coach. This team needs a shakeup and with the trade dead line gone the only real shake up is fire Ward which may put a fire under CJ's as. The Bruins also have time to look in house at some very good players playing for the 1st place PB's. If the Bruins want to this season Cam kick some as.

We could hire Guy Boucher to replace Ward.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course not, we won despite the lack of a good PP.  Eventually it had to catch up to us and last year and so far this year it has.  Would you just keep living off your cup memories or fix what is obviously broken.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wow, what happened to the board today? It's like an infestation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

[QUOTE]

Of course not, we won despite the lack of a good PP.  Eventually it had to catch up to us and last year and so far this year it has.  Would you just keep living off your cup memories or fix what is obviously broken.

Let's face it guys the only reason we won the cup was because of TT stellar performance. You could have had the Providence Bruins playing during our cup run and the result would have been the same. Goaltending performance for the ages.

This is humour...right.? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

They'll leave after a win tomorrow vs the Canes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

They'll leave after a win tomorrow vs the Canes.

Of course they will but these trolls are funny. Clueless but funny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It took a left hand turn to Retardville.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And then the Kings won last year despite a good powerplay as well.  Is that correct?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Come on, people, even if some of you call this "an infestation" or "taking a left turn at Retardville", the fact remains that the Bruins PP has sucked for years. No matter how you spin this or how much vitriol one unloads on posters mentioning this "inconvenient truth", the Bruins PP is awful, period, and anyone who suggests this is nothing to worry about (as you can win the cup without a great PP, which was of course an aberration) takes the term "naïveté" to a new level.

Maybe I was wrong when I said that teams would take liberties against the B's because they knew the B's can't score on the PP - but let me rephrase it: The Bruins used to be THE team nobody liked to play against - but finding a chink in your opponent's armour can improve your confidence, and right now every team seems to be loaded with confidence when they play the Bruins.

Something needs to be done (fire Geoff Ward already!), and as you can read in another thread started by the very poster who accuses users of "taking a left turn at Retardville" (http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/fire-all-coaches/100/6599122), this isn't a knee jerk reaction either. And I frankly don't care if it's going to be Cam Neely, PC, Charlie Jacobs or even Pope Francis who will finally do something about this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

Come on, people, even if some of you call this "an infestation" or "taking a left turn at Retardville", the fact remains that the Bruins PP has sucked for years. No matter how you spin this or how much vitriol one unloads on posters mentioning this "inconvenient truth", the Bruins PP is awful, period, and anyone who suggests this is nothing to worry about (as you can win the cup without a great PP, which was of course an aberration) takes the term "naïveté" to a new level.

Maybe I was wrong when I said that teams would take liberties against the B's because they knew the B's can't score on the PP - but let me rephrase it: The Bruins used to be THE team nobody liked to play against - but finding a chink in your opponent's armour can improve your confidence, and right now every team seems to be loaded with confidence when they play the Bruins.

Something needs to be done (fire Geoff Ward already!), and as you can read in another thread started by the very poster who accuses users of "taking a left turn at Retardville" (http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/fire-all-coaches/100/6599122), this isn't a knee jerk reaction either. And I frankly don't care if it's going to be Cam Neely, PC, Charlie Jacobs or even Pope Francis who will finally do something about this.

You mean the powerplay that they won the Cup with?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

And please don't bother trying to justify Clueless Claude's latest "inspirational stroke of genius" (demoting Tyler Seguin to the third line). To me this coach seems to bear a grudge against the type of players who exposed him as a fourth-rate wanna-be NHL defenseman in his younger days.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

You mean the powerplay that they won the Cup with?

See, that's what you get when you only take a quick glance at someone's post before you respond - no problem, here's one thing you probably missed:

the Bruins PP is awful, period, and anyone who suggests this is nothing to worry about (as you can win the cup without a great PP, which was of course an aberration) takes the term "naïveté" to a new level.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nope, I didn't miss that.  I ignored it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

NAS, I think you shouldn't give in to the urge of being "advocatus diaboli" so often.

You post something about firing Claude Julien in one thread (heck, you even started that one), but then you join the line of apologists and bash users who basically ask for a big change as well.

I do think you know something about hockey, but this flip-flopping really doesn't help your credibility.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NAS, I think you shouldn't give in to the urge of being "advocatus diaboli" so often.

You post something about firing Claude Julien in one thread (heck, you even started that one), but then you join the line of apologists and bash users who basically ask for a big change as well.

I do think you know something about hockey, but this flip-flopping really doesn't help your credibility.

I havent' flip flopped on a thing.  I am 100% for giving Julien the gate.  The powerplay isn't the problem.

As for my credibility, I couldn't care less.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

So far PC and Cam have allowed Claude to do whatever he wants, which includes no-skills Thornton and Seguin at center to fill Bergeron's shoes. Claude has no idea what to do with Jagr or when to bench a veteran who is no longer as skilled as they have been. Seguin to the 3rd line is knee-jerk stupidity, as was trying to fill Bergeron's shoes with a skilled scorer who is still developing as an NHL player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

100+ ?

Sections
Shortcuts