CAM NEELY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: CAM NEELY

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to KWPatsFan's comment:

The heck with Neely, Fire Ward the PP coach.  For three years we have stunk on the PP and watching a full minute of two men up last night with no shots, has to show we have the wrong plan on the PP.

Not that i disagree with this statement, but that was also the Bs were the best 5 on 5 team in the league if i remember correctly,

That was then and this is now, different scenario, shortened season along with scoring for the Bs at anytime seems to be down. This brings me back to the pull the goalie the Bs have been succesful on a couple of times, ya like a pp but there was this look of desperation in it, a will to want it, a drive to the net and the actual PP it not even close to that.

This is a year i think special teams on both ends of the rink are needed to succeed in the playoffs.

So, you'd prefer they had a good powerplay in 2010-11 and not win the Cup?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to KWPatsFan's comment:

The heck with Neely, Fire Ward the PP coach.  For three years we have stunk on the PP and watching a full minute of two men up last night with no shots, has to show we have the wrong plan on the PP.

So, you'd prefer they had a good powerplay in 2010-11 and not win the Cup?

no because they would have still won the cup .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:[QUOTE] That's because  PC is the head off hockey operations, meaning anything that relates to the on ice product goes thru him... Does PC get input from Neely from time to time, i would say yes, but final say is PC....Heck, Neely does  not even have the power to fire PC...[/QUOTE

You are right about the on ice product goes by PCs decesion making along with Jim Benning. Also correct that Neely can't fire PC outright, he would have to consult with Jacobs. If Neely had enough of Julien he could go to Jacobs with a reccomendation which I think would then precipitate a meeting between the three or JJ go ahead with your decesion I don't want to be bothered.

Neely is not just a figure head, I don't believe it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"The powerplay isn't the problem"

NaS, this is not true and you know it. The PP is one hell of a problem. They have 14 PP goals all year. Dead last. Even behind the likes of the mighty Sabres, Jets, Avalanche, and Panthers.

If the B's doubled their PP output they would still have 7 less than Montreal.

Theres a lot of things not going right, but to dismiss the abysmal PP as a factor in their identity crisis would be flat out wrong.