Came here to talk about the game....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Came here to talk about the game....

Well I just got done watching my DVR of the game last night as I wasnt home to watch it. Really good game svcks only getting 1pt but not anything to hang your head over.

When I came to this site not really to my surprise I see that the same old troll is up to his BS posting old threads under fake names. Seriously must be the biggest fattest acne ridden cellar dwelling Hab fan arsehole alive. Just completely sick of it get a life you 16year old or try and meet girls. But thats probably pretty hard when you svck at life as hard as that troll does so you should probably just kill yourself.

On to hockey:

Wheeler plalyed a really a good game. I like  him at center I liked the Seguin-Wheeler-Ryder line there is alot of offense there.

Krejci will probably take a lil bit to get back to his normal self.

How good is brad Marchand I think at one point I heard jack go "Marchand to Marchand" lol.

Only thing missing was a good fight.

As a side note, that poor referee. The Campbel family really has it out for the refs huh?(joke) I hope he is ok but he looked a bit concussed feel bad for him and it killed the boston momentum at that point.

Anythoughts on the game people?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Came here to talk about the game....

Correct on Wheeler, he is undoubtedly hearing the trade rumors.  His play at center is questioned as he still has a tendency to lost the puck once he has been checked.  

Krejci was not up to par.  I thought Bergeron should have been placed at center more often with Lucic and Horton during the game.  Krejci needs a week or so to get back into the flow of his play.

Hunwick like Wheeler had a good game with moving the puck.  He is still rather timid at times.

Marchand is making me a liar.  Duinne's love child is doing mighty fine.

Chara was being more aggressive in the offensive zone.  It confused LA and led to the second goal by the Bs.  

Yup you are correct, the refs were not being equitible.  LA's skilled play was a blur for those zebra boys.  Caron was boarded! If not then it was charging.  

Quick is the real deal.  He wanted a win for a team that lost 3 in a row.  He was spectacular in the "dreaded" shootout.  

In January the Bs play will be undergoing change, it looks positive.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I agree I liked the look of Bergy with Horton and Lucic. Atleast until DK is 100% again. I absolutely love when Chara gets angry and super aggressive. I wish he would do it more often because I can remember atleast one other shift this year where he got mad crashed the net and forced a goal.

Mad respect for Quick to he's a great goalie (how old 23?) he will be a star for some time. Dissapointed with Doughty too saw flashes but he never really took full control but he was great defensively.

The B's are weak in the shoot out to I guess. Not at goalie but at burying the chances Koptar was like 48% Handzus was 52% our best was horton at 28% def an area the B's could get better at. Ryders 4-28 or something maybe the shootout isnt his thing.

Id go with Seguin-Horton-DK/Bergy-Chara in the shootout if I was CJ.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Must admit I was pleasantly surprised with the play of Hunwick. I think it's the best I've seen him play in ages. The hit on Simmonds was quality and he showed loads of good skill and looked dangerous on the break out. Hopefully we get to see more of that down the line.

Also, Chara was a total beast leading up to the second goal. Best shift he's had all season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I felt it was one of the more entertaining games of the season.  I was hoping the B's were going to get that extra point but I'm glad they got one point.  They earned it.  I thought they competed hard throughout the game.  The Kings are a highly skilled team with an outstanding goalie (always salute Hockey East!), some studs on 'D' and some grit as well. 

Even when the Bruins got down 3 - 0 I didn't feel that they were playing THAT bad.  They made a few mistakes and got a couple bad bounces and were in the hole.  Mistakes I can live with.  Happens to everyone.  It's bad effort that ticks me off.  And that wasn't the case.  They played hard all game. 

When the B's play hard for 60 minutes, they are VERY hard to beat.  And at the end of the day, the Kings had a 3 - 0 lead and had the game go into a 5th or 6th round of the shootout before it was decided.  I think the Kings would say that the Bruins are "VERY tough to beat".

My three favorite plays from the night: 

#3.  Seguin's whip-around, behind-the-net pass to Wheeler in the slot that Blake one-timed into Quick's stomach.  In Wheeler's defense, I think he was shocked that Seguin even got the pass to him and just did what he could to get the puck on net and hopefully beat Quick 5-hole.

#2.  Bergy's goal.  Across the body, top shelf, one-time tip.  Thing of beauty.  Totally picked the top, near-side corner on that one.

#1. Timmy's save on Stoll.  Great positioning as Stoll practically shot the puck into Thomas' glove.  But it was the timing more than anything else.  The B's had taken complete control of the momentum at that stage of the game.  If that shot goes in, the Bruins may not have gotten a point.

And yes...I thought the zebras had a tough night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

You wouldn't think by watching that game and not knowing the final score, that the Bruins would lose. All in all a close to complete game. The Bruins got their shots against down and their shots on up. Beautiful. I think every defenceman made one error, but their was his buddy backing him up. Excellant to see. and we saw some great flashes from Seguin. Awesome. This game just left you waiting for the next game. I really hope we see the same team out there again tonite. That would be the next hurddle that needs to be climbed. Consistency will be great to see.....Go Bruins go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Anyone else notice how Thomas completely changed his shootout style this season?  He just kind of stands there all casual until the shooter is within like 10 feet of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

My thoughts from the LA game were pretty similar:

- Wheeler played well
    - Love when Chara is aggressive in the o-zone. Looks goofy trying to stick handle but I love the creation of chaos in tight on the other goalie
    - Nice to see Seguin get more credit from Julien, playing late in the game, in OT, shootout
    - Caron (who I like) is starting to tail off a bit
    - DK was pretty good I thought

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Came here to talk about the game....:
    [QUOTE]Anyone else notice how Thomas completely changed his shootout style this season?  He just kind of stands there all casual until the shooter is within like 10 feet of him.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

Not too many shoot outs this year but I noticed the same thing with Thomas' stance.  If he had to face Chara he might change his mind. Ha.  Seriously he did well in the shootout.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]My thoughts from the LA game were pretty similar: - Wheeler played well - Love when Chara is aggressive in the o-zone. Looks goofy trying to stick handle but I love the creation of chaos in tight on the other goalie - Nice to see Seguin get more credit from Julien, playing late in the game, in OT, shootout - Caron (who I like) is starting to tail off a bit - DK was pretty good I thought
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Yeah....I forgot to mention Chara.  He was immense.   I remember the shift you are talking about.  He was just a force and it looked like NO ONE on L.A. wanted ANYTHING to with him as he was "creating chaos".  I was sure they were gonna score on that shift.  In anycase, that might be the "shift of the year" so far!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Came here to talk about the game.... : Yeah....I forgot to mention Chara.  He was immense.   I remember the shift you are talking about.  He was just a force and it looked like NO ONE on L.A. wanted ANYTHING to with him as he was "creating chaos".  I was sure they were gonna score on that shift.  In anycase, that might be the "shift of the year" so far!!!!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    Seems like Zee is far more willing to take chances this year and it seems to be working.expect alot more of those shifts to come.

Sections
Shortcuts