Camera " Wrong Call"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Camera " Wrong Call"

Clean hit. Camera gets ejected because the player he hit had his head down. Clean hit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TIWWQ24wVg

Didn't see it live, but here is the clip.  Looks like a major is called for the pure devasation of the Slovakian player, the official call being charging.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The comments are outrageous, one guy saying it's junior hockey, not senior, so there shouldn't be hits like that.  ??

Devastating hit, but clean.  I didn't see charging, he was skating hard, but after changing direction he basically coasts into him.  Luza was handling the puck WAY too casually.

Hope the kid is all right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Got to keep your head on a swivel in the corners.  Especially when a guys bearing down on you like that.  Clean hit but ugly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That guy is a loser. 

The hit is fine.  In today's hockey world, even clean hits are called if a guy gets hurt.  "Keep your head up" is a thing of the past.  Sooner than later, players are going to start intentionally skating with their heads down to avoid contact. (See:  intentionally facing the boards)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wasn't a year late like Boone Jenner and Camara didin't leave his feet. Like Chara it was a penalty for being strong and I don't think there would be a game misconduct if there wasn't any blood.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

JC Lipon also got the gate earlier in the game with this hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKCXCtxD8Cg

Not sure about IIHF rules or junior vs senior, but at worst, this looks like a 2 minute minor to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Yea, the hit was legal. Yea, it gives the fans a momentary rush. But, what purpose does it really serve?

The kid was trying to move his arms like Nathan Horton did. Terrible sight and terrible memories.

It's not worth playing hockey if you get maimed or paralized for life for something that is preventable, not utile, bullish and selfish.

In life, some idiot may one day use the "he had his head down when I was firing my gun" as an excuse.

Spoken by one who has recently dodged a bullet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

How is it that all these people on youtube can say either of those hits was particularly dirty? I don't see either being worthy of a game misconduct or suspension. What a bunch of whiners.

The Camara ejection was a joke and the Lipon was maybe 2 minutes as Crowls said. At least that's how I saw them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In today's game that's a penalty. Is that any different then some of the Torres hits.  It's a bit of a charge.  He did everything right on that hit.  Arms down.  Shoulder down.  Feet on ice. But I've had numerous arguments about why those hits are hockey.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In today's game that's a penalty. Is that any different then some of the Torres hits.  It's a bit of a charge.  He did everything right on that hit.  Arms down.  Shoulder down.  Feet on ice. But I've had numerous arguments about why those hits are hockey.  

Funny you say that, I was thinking that hit looked a little Torres-esque.  But to your point, shoulder/elbow down, feet on the ice, just trucked the kid.  If that was Raffi, I would defend that hit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Which Torres hit?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Is that any different then some of the Torres hits. did everything right on that hit.  Arms down.  Shoulder down.  Feet on ice. But I've had numerous arguments about why those hits are hockey. 

Torres las two hits when he was penalized and suspended followed nothing you described.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I don't wanna defend Torres bc he crossed the line too many times.  But.  Under new rules I guess that hit today was not a good hit.  I despise that the game has come to that.  

I personally think Torres suspension on the hit on hossa is a joke.  The length of suspension.   The kid today made no attempt to play the puck.  He went in predator like fashion and may have took too many steps.   Again.  I completely disagree with the call.   That is a penalty in today's hockey.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In the NHL a good ref will not call that. His feet on the ice (un-like most Torres hits) , his principle point of contact is the body , the head is secondary therefore in the NHL would not be a penalty nor a suspension.  He got cut because he's looking down at the puck and his visor cut him.

BS call . First they don't call the penalty and then when they see he got hurt they penalize him.

Officaiting in this tournament is a real joke (i.e. dive by Russian on their 1st PP against the U.S. and 1st goal).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I don't see how you try to teach kids to forecheck hard and then pass up a hit like that.  What's he supposed to do?  Peal off because the kid has his head down?  That hit is 98% the fault of the Slovakian kid coming up the boards (with the puck!) while looking straight down.  

I've gotta agree with NAS et al in that the 'head down' maneuver is starting to look like the turning your back and facing the boards manuever.  Protect yourself dang it!

I mean, I hate watching it because it's brutal to see a teenage kid get hurt like that, but I really don't see what Camara did wrong.  Sure, give him two minutes for maybe charging or having his feet come off the ice (kinda).  Two minutes seems like the right call given the injury, but anything more than that is a joke.

Shupe I assume you're mainly joking or fishing for a reaction with the Torres comparison.  No other reason to compare two things that have nothing in common at all.  Let's not have all roads on big hits lead back to Raffi.

Feel bad for the Slovakian kid and Camara here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch your first three paragraphs are spot on and the Slovak player being at fault is the key.  I blame a lot of these type of hits on the so called victim.  

I will use one Torres example.  It's the hit on Eberle.  What is raffi supposed to do.  He doesn't make Ederle lean fwd.  he is coming to make a hockey hit.  EBerle puts himself in a terrible position.   

Not fishing at all.  I hate today's game.  Today's was another classic example.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And for the record I've been singing along with NAS on the skating backwards up the ice.  Or skating around with head down.  Hockey is a contact sport.  Head down. Pay the price.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Who's better lookin, me or Camera?

Dude Love.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Fletch your first three paragraphs are spot on and the Slovak player being at fault is the key.  I blame a lot of these type of hits on the so called victim.  

I will use one Torres example.  It's the hit on Eberle.  What is raffi supposed to do.  He doesn't make Ederle lean fwd.  he is coming to make a hockey hit.  EBerle puts himself in a terrible position.   

Not fishing at all.  I hate today's game.  Today's was another classic example.  

Okay, I'll agree on Eberle, which I didn't think was bad.  But so many others were guilty of targeting the head, leaving the feet, being late, charging, etc.

I agree on the problems of today's game.  To defend Camara is not be careless about the injured player either.  I hate watching those hits and cringe for the unconscious player every time. I wish it didn't happen.  But the way to avoid it, is to teach kids that the Slovakian player was doing the wrong thing, not Camara.  

When I played hockey, I was a hustle checking-line winger with very average hands.  When I got my 10 or so shifts a game you can be damn sure I was looking to punish opposing d-men carrying the puck up the boards with their head down.  How else can you play? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Agree Fletch, hate to pile-on the Slovakian kid that just got smoked, but he has to protect himself.  I think that is the difference with the Camara vs Jenner hits.  The Slovakian kid should have expected contact, while the Swedish kid could have assumed he was in the clear.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch. 

Completely agree.   Even the part on Torres.  I could have used a different player.   

How about suspending the victims.  It's also hard when all those diving euro players ham everything up.  I've been caught like that before.  I blamed myself for putting myself in that position.   Camera did nothing wrong.  At all. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Fletch. 

Completely agree.   Even the part on Torres.  I could have used a different player.   

How about suspending the victims.  It's also hard when all those diving euro players ham everything up.  I've been caught like that before.  I blamed myself for putting myself in that position.   Camera did nothing wrong.  At all. 

Guys start spelling this guys name right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:

Who's better lookin, me or Camera?

Dude Love.

Camara .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

here shupe for you. even this guy brings up Torres

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2012/12/28/two-more-canadian-players-face-disciplinary-action-after-violent-hits-but-how-bad-were-they/

The Camara wallop that sent defenceman Patrik Luza to the hospital for precautionary reasons is more problematic. He glided into (and through) his man, never left his feet, and didn’t finish with an upwards explosion a la Raffi Torres. Moreover, no penalty was signalled at the time of the hit but was called only after much consultation among all four officials, done in the after-the-fact reality of watching Luza get stretchered from the ice. It may be that Camara’s shoulder caught Luza in the chin, although such injuries the unfortunate Slovak sustained are consistent with a visor cut and his head hitting the ice after the collision. For sure Luza did absolutely nothing to protect himself and paid a price for that. 

Sections
Shortcuts