Camera " Wrong Call"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Camera

The only league where that's not a clean hit is the CWHL - bad call.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fletch. 

Completely agree.   Even the part on Torres.  I could have used a different player.   

How about suspending the victims.  It's also hard when all those diving euro players ham everything up.  I've been caught like that before.  I blamed myself for putting myself in that position.   Camera did nothing wrong.  At all. 

[/QUOTE]

Guys start spelling this guys name right.

[/QUOTE]

Could be worse...Camaro?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Bitchin' Camara...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Wheatskins's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yea, the hit was legal. Yea, it gives the fans a momentary rush. But, what purpose does it really serve?

The kid was trying to move his arms like Nathan Horton did. Terrible sight and terrible memories.

It's not worth playing hockey if you get maimed or paralized for life for something that is preventable, not utile, bullish and selfish.

In life, some idiot may one day use the "he had his head down when I was firing my gun" as an excuse.

Spoken by one who has recently dodged a bullet.

[/QUOTE]

It separated him from the puck, which went directly to Camara's teammate, and would have lead to a scoring chance if the play had not been whistled dead - it served exactly the purpose that a clean check is supposed to serve.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I've been reading the comments on youtube - what the heck? Have these people ever watched the sport? My favourite is one guy saying that Camara needs to watch out because Chara will take revenge for Slovakia when he gets into the league - they're on the same team you idiot. Annd on the flipside, there's Habs and European fans that are bringing up Chara's hit on Max Pac into it, what that has to do with this is beyond me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Wheatskins's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yea, the hit was legal. Yea, it gives the fans a momentary rush. But, what purpose does it really serve?

The kid was trying to move his arms like Nathan Horton did. Terrible sight and terrible memories.

It's not worth playing hockey if you get maimed or paralized for life for something that is preventable, not utile, bullish and selfish.

In life, some idiot may one day use the "he had his head down when I was firing my gun" as an excuse.

Spoken by one who has recently dodged a bullet.

[/QUOTE]

It separated him from the puck, which went directly to Camara's teammate, and would have lead to a scoring chance if the play had not been whistled dead - it served exactly the purpose that a clean check is supposed to serve.

[/QUOTE]

And on that note Red, it took quite awhile for the refs to actually whistle the play dead. If the kid got up there would've been no call on the play. No disciplinary review on the hit either so apparently most people felt the hit was clean...........brutal but clean. That's what hockey's about. Cheers!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

The only league where that's not a clean hit is the CWHL - bad call.

[/QUOTE]

It's also not a clean hit in baseball or golf, but we're not talking about those sports.

This is a hockey conversation, not a girls with skates and a puck conversation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

As anyone who has every played competitively will agree, those are the types of situations you dream out.  Big game, oppenent coming up the ice with the head down.  BOOM!

You get one, maybe two of those a year and you spend the rest of the time looking for it.

They call it, "hockey".  I learned to look for that, hit like that in peewee hockey.  I also learned to avoid it at all costs with the puck.  A few times I didn't.  I got rocked.  It was awful.  It was hockey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Wait, I make a negative comment about the CWHL, and you're still giving me flack? Give me a flippin' break.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Wait, I make a negative comment about the CWHL, and you're still giving me flack? Give me a flippin' break.

[/QUOTE]

You just can't win, my friend.  I'm pretty much impossible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As anyone who has every played competitively will agree, those are the types of situations you dream out.  Big game, oppenent coming up the ice with the head down.  BOOM!

You get one, maybe two of those a year and you spend the rest of the time looking for it.

They call it, "hockey".  I learned to look for that, hit like that in peewee hockey.  I also learned to avoid it at all costs with the puck.  A few times I didn't.  I got rocked.  It was awful.  It was hockey.

[/QUOTE]

I guess Camara is a " Power Ball " winner !!  This guy gets those chances (big hits) maybe once a week in the OHL.  Maybe Chowdah can elaborate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Red but laughed. NAS won't let it go, it's part of his dry humor. Anyway, you know what he thinks about you as a poster, it was pretty complementary.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You just can't win, my friend.  I'm pretty much impossible.

[/QUOTE]

In oh so many ways. ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't wanna defend Torres bc he crossed the line too many times.  But.  Under new rules I guess that hit today was not a good hit.  I despise that the game has come to that.  I personally think Torres suspension on the hit on hossa is a joke. 

If Torres didn't have a couple of those viscous leaving-the-ice-stick-up-in-the-face hits he wouldn't have such a bad rep. I say he comes back and will clean it up, plenty of teams will call him.

Heck he was a part of about a thousand my trade proposals on here before the 2010 trade deadline lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San 

torres has destroyed people this way his entire career.  It's only been in the last 5 yrs that his hits have been outlawed.  Well actually the last couple.  Check out the oilers cup run.  He was a difference maker bc of his hitting and was a hero for them.   

its a different league now.  I don't like the new rules bc every hit is a bad hit.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Spot on!  How to change the game by not understanding the basics of the sport!

[QUOTE]

That guy is a loser. 

The hit is fine.  In today's hockey world, even clean hits are called if a guy gets hurt.  "Keep your head up" is a thing of the past.  Sooner than later, players are going to start intentionally skating with their heads down to avoid contact. (See:  intentionally facing the boards)

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Clean hit, not even debatable..Wish refs would stop overreacting to the result of a hit..Keep your head up son.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clean hit, not even debatable..Wish refs would stop overreacting to the result of a hit..Keep your head up son.

[/QUOTE]

Steve Spott makes a comment after the game how much more he appreciates CHL officiating after witnessing what they've been getting.

Some hits penalized are justified for being sent to the box while others are of the " he hit him too hard " category. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the way I always looked at it too, but my mind is being changed.  Many argue this type of hit isn't necessary, and really brings little to the game.  I'm seeing more and more reason to that argument.

I played hockey at a fairly high level, and like you, dreamed of those situations.  Thing is though, players weren't routinely carried off on stretchers in those days.  Coaching is better, and much more demanding.  Years ago, you wouldn't have seen a player like Yakopov diving face first to block shots.  Players aren't allowed to side step hits like they were in my day, coaches won't put up with it, plus there seemed to be more of a code.

Couple all of that with the fact that players are much faster, stronger, and have to compete much harder than they ever did, and it's obvious that we can't just leave things the way they used to be.  I feel that play would be a penalty in the NHL, and although I agree with everyones assesment it was clean....they'd still call it boarding or charging in the NHL, and I'm not sure that's a bad thing.  

The game is evolving, and the rules have to too.

Watched game 6 of the 78 Cup finals last night(Bruins,Habs).  It's easy to see why we need to update our definitions of acceptability as we move forward.  The game is night and day from those times, in fact the notion that these were the best 2 teams in the America's is almost laughable.  We've come a long, long way since then.

2 years ago, I would've smirked and stood solidly behind "keep your head up".  It's just not that simple anymore.

Especially at a tournament featuring "boys", I don't think the officials used terrible judgement.

The maddening thing for me, is the fact that the industry is continuing to keep it's head in the sand, instead of instituting clear perimeters of playability.  Sport needs to be defined by it's rules.  Hockey has always been at the bottom of the heap in that department, leaving officials holding the bag. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Steve Spott makes a comment after the game how much more he appreciates CHL officiating after witnessing what they've been getting.

Some hits penalized are justified for being sent to the box while others are of the " he hit him too hard " category. 

[/QUOTE]

Love that line !

The Russians yesterday against the U.S. were pathetic , they must be the best divers and whiners in the tournament.  I love how Yakubov already set the stage calling the Canadians dirty players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Love that line !

The Russians yesterday against the U.S. were pathetic , they must be the best divers and whiners in the tournament.  I love how Yakubov already set the stage calling the Canadians dirty players. [/QUOTE]

All that facewashing does make for quite the cleanup after the game lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Out of nowhere comes Jimmy Murphy with some nonsense tweets, today , at 330pm.

Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74

After watching Camara and Lipon hits repeatedly, wondering if Yakupov was maybe right in his assessment of Canada. No need for those hits.

and

Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74

For those who argue Camara hit wasn't dirty please explain why his shoulder targets and connects with head and yet that is not dirty?

and

Jimmy Murphy Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74

Camara targeted head. That's it. That's all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and Bob McKenzie's replies.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

@MurphysLaw74 Because it was full body on body hit with incidental contact to head. I'm as anti-headshot as anyone but that wasnt targeting

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

@MurphysLaw74 Totally agree on Lipon but if you want Camara hit out of game, you would have to take out hitting. SVK player totally unaware.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

[QUOTE]

In today's game that's a penalty. Is that any different then some of the Torres hits.  It's a bit of a charge.  He did everything right on that hit.  Arms down.  Shoulder down.  Feet on ice. But I've had numerous arguments about why those hits are hockey.  

[/QUOTE]

DUDE LOVE = CAMERA

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In today's game that's a penalty. Is that any different then some of the Torres hits.  It's a bit of a charge.  He did everything right on that hit.  Arms down.  Shoulder down.  Feet on ice. But I've had numerous arguments about why those hits are hockey.  

[/QUOTE]

CAM ARA

DUDE LOVE = CAMERA

[/QUOTE]