Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins

So this is what it was like being a fan of the Harold Ballard-run Leafs in the 70s and 80s.....

Not saying that they shouldn't have dealt Cammalleri. But I find it hard to believe that this was the best deal they could get for him, especially if they waited til closer to the deadline.

Rushed trades rarely work out well. Montreal especially should realize that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins:
    [QUOTE]Rushed trades rarely work out well.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Joe Thornton

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The Habs couldn't say enough good things about the Bruins before the game, which was strange enough but refreshing, almost a rebuke of the Canucks.  Did anyone hear Pacioretty's comments?  Sounded like a kid in awe.  I guess Cammalleri's comments about the play of his team equated to a one way ticket out of town.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Cool drama to see a good player traded for another good player mid game. But this is a bad trade for both struggling teams. Don't they know how to rebuild with prospects and draft picks?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Firing Perry Pearn an hour and a half before a game, the firing of Jacques Martin and subsequent furor over unilinguinal Randy Cunneyworth and now the trading of a player midway through a game while he's playing.

I don't think it's a risky prediction to say that Gauthier will not be the GM of this team come 2012-13.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]So this is what it was like being a fan of the Harold Ballard-run Leafs in the 70s and 80s..... Not saying that they shouldn't have dealt Cammalleri. But I find it hard to believe that this was the best deal they could get for him, especially if they waited til closer to the deadline. Rushed trades rarely work out well. Montreal especially should realize that.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    Harold Ballard.......don't remind me.  We still have the scars....

Actually I think Legion had it right.  The Habs are small up front (as are the Leafs) and I think this is a good deal for them (they also get a 2nd rounder).  Depends on how Bourque handles the fishbowl, but I think he plays with an edge too and the Habs needed that up front.

Hope they still finish last though...........LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I'd say Montreal comes out on top in the Cammalleri for Bourque aspect of this trade. Same player, smaller price tag. Bourque has near identical numbers, is just as streaky, is bigger and more physical, and gets paid $3 mil less per season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I like Camalleri. He's a good player. The Habs are on Melt Down now. The club is falling apart and have been and we are only half way through the season. Hey at least the senators last year waited til the end of the season to start their fire sale and throw in the towel... Just never heard of someone getting traded in the middle of a game. Im sure its happened somewhere, but Ive never seen it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : it was meant as sarcasm PJ Stock were all discussing it's a month he's been trying to trade Cammelleri. Everybody in Montreal knew he was a cancer in the room.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Point being that because a GM tells the media the he was working on the trade for a week or a month doesn't make it so. Gauthier after all built the team that went to the Eastern Conference finals two years and now a key player in that run is publicly staing the team is poopee. Than there is a trade just about a day after the Mike's bashing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Will be weird seeing Ray's son in a Habs jersey. Don't think young Bourque is super happy about this trade. And even more weirdly I don't think he's a fluent French speaker.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : Point being that because a GM tells the media the he was working on the trade for a week or a month doesn't make it so. Gauthier after all built the team that went to the Eastern Conference finals two years and now a key player in that run is publicly staing the team is poopee. Than there is a trade just about a day after the Mike's bashing.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I get your point but LeBrun also said that Calgary's GM has asked about Cammalleri before the holidays. Does not mean Gauthier initiated talks but there was talk before Cammalleri's comments.
    Gauthier did not build that team , it was Gainey and then he stepped down .
    Gauthier's fingerprints started with the trade of Halak.
    Another fact on the Halak trade Gauthier only spoke to St Louis therefore has me believing that's the type of GM he is and when trading concentrates with only 1team making a deal a la O' Connell , Joe Thornton trade. Foolish.
    I think he will make more trades to improve the team and try to save his job although right now chances are he will get fired over the summer. 
    Who knows ... we were all saying the same thing about Bryan Murray with the Sens and look now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : I don't think that's his son.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Holy Moley do I look a dolt. Ryan, Rene, I guess its all the same to me. Not than Ryan isn't a dead ringer for his dad or anything....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Rene Bourque-Lac La Biche, Alta-doesn't speak french.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : I don't think that's his son.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

RWTK - You're right.  Chris Bourque is Ray Bourque's son.  He's in the Caps' system.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Montreal radio station reports Cammalleri found out he was being shopped by Habs, got pissed, and said what he said.  Says he never requested a trade but he made it happen with his big mouth. 

Good for him.  Get the hell out of Montreal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Not for nuthin, but I think Camelleri is an awesome talent who would make a great Bruin. He's a very intelligent fast player with good playoff presence. And I love the name. Puts me in the mood for Calamari LOL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : I get your point but LeBrun also said that Calgary's GM has asked about Cammalleri before the holidays. Does not mean Gauthier initiated talks but there was talk before Cammalleri's comments. Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I think most GMs, not all, use the media and will say anything to save face especially when they need to deny they made a trade because a players comments about the franchise. You're right I think Gainey still pulls the strings quite a bit in Montreal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK boys and girl - today's vocabulary word is:

Schadenfreude

let's all say it together, ok?

Schadenfreude

good!  one more time.

Schadenfreude

excellent!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Ramo could make this a big win for Calgary. He broke into the NHL when he was 20, tough to do at that age. I saw him when he was in the AHL and was impressed with the raw talent he had. Like most all goalies he needed some seasoning. Now that he's had that seasoning he should be a strong addition to the mix of goalies next in line after Kiprusoff.  

Sections
Shortcuts