Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins

In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins:[QUOTE] Cammalleri's comments were intended to force the hands of Gauthier to get him out of Habland. He wanted out. Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Just like Adam Oates before he got traded out of Boston, Cammalleri knew exactly what to do to get that ticket punched RHO, no doubt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : Shupe, I knew it was a Frenchie to replace that evil Anglo Cammalleri. Remember when they traded their captain, Mike Keane, for having the audacity to say it wasn't a big deal if you didn't speak French?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Now they will trade Price for St. Louis.  And Guy Lafleur just got a call to make a come back.
    Always hated the Habs.  Always loved Mike Keane. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins:
    [QUOTE]TSN reporting. Kind of shocking in my opinion. Seemed most Hab fans were supportive of the comments he made yesterday, whereas the media saw it as selfish. Seems like a knee-jerk move given how quick the turnaround was and the fact he was in the starting lineup tonight.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

TSN said before the game when they were discussing it that the vast majority of the fans were anti-Cammalleri on this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Montreal was already bad.  They just traded a clutch goal scorer who along with Halak were simply amazing in their run a few yrs ago. 
    I see Gill getting dealt very soon.  They are in rebuild.  Gill is a UFA as well.  Someone will try and snag him fast.  Maybe Philly?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : Just like Adam Oates before he got traded out of Boston, Cammalleri knew exactly what to do to get that ticket punched RHO, no doubt.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Dawg, Jean said Cammalleri is a helluva an intelligent guy.  The comments were totally calculated.  He had to be on the block already, no? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : Dawg, Jean said Cammalleri is a helluva an intelligent guy.  The comments were totally calculated.  He had to be on the block already, no? 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Feaster said it was in the works for a while.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone even hear any talk about Cammalleri being in play so far this season?
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

No, because guys "in play" is such an awful catchphrase used by guessing game rumor mongers.  This miserable description comes up mostly at Rumor Hanukkah (trade deadline) and Rumor Christmas (Draft Day).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : Feaster said it was in the works for a while.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, shupe.  About a month ago I heard Calgary Sun hockey writer say although Bourque can be an impactful player this situation is dictated by his state of mind as he's prone to taking nights off.  Have no idea how accurate that view is but I can't say the same for Cammalleri.  That guy always seemed to give maximum effort.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : No, because guys "in play" is such an awful catchphrase used by guessing game rumor mongers.  This miserable description comes up mostly at Rumor Hanukkah (trade deadline) and Rumor Christmas (Draft Day).
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Like your boy Eklund

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : Now they will trade Price for St. Louis.  And Guy Lafleur just got a call to make a come back. Always hated the Habs.  Always loved Mike Keane. 

Mike Keane was absolutely one of my favorites.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : No, because guys "in play" is such an awful catchphrase used by guessing game rumor mongers.  This miserable description comes up mostly at Rumor Hanukkah (trade deadline) and Rumor Christmas (Draft Day).
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  I like these better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Shades of Patrick Roy days!  If the trade is as described then Montreal did well, a second round pick from Calgary could be a nice pick.  Salary dump for Montreal.  Personally, the trade does not make Montreal a better team now.  Calgary is gambling on making the playoffs with the move.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think the Habs got te better deal just because they fill a need, another big winger. They get rid of one of their smurfs and get a guy that goes in the dirty areas.
    The positive ,  Bourque 13goals over 9 for Cammelleri
    The negative, Bourque gets hurt often and has had concussion issues.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

In response to "Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins": [QUOTE]Twitter/TSNBobMcKenzie   "Reports are that MTL has pulled Cammalleri out of the game, put him in cab to team hotel to await further instructions. Trade is possibility" "Mike Cammalleri has been told he's been traded. Doesn't know where yet." I don't think ever heard of a player being pulled from an NHL game to be traded have you DC ? Now in the MLB yah because it takes like a week for one game to finish but never hockey. Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE] I may be wrong but I remember the bruins and jets pulling off a deal during a Saturday afternoon game. It was Jim nill for Morris lukowich. I think it happened during the game and nill was pulled off. Could someone check this as I am way too tired and need to go to bed. This Habs implosion is sending me to bed with a big smile on my face. Btw- Habs should not stop here. They should immediately trade subban to VAN so the all coward team can be completed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins :   The comments were totally calculated.  He had to be on the block already, no? Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

No I don't think he was on the block because Cammalleri has a 7 team partial NMC so all that really had to be done Gauthier grabbing his Blackberry and sending out an email to seven GMs typing "Big Mouth Complainer is available". I've heard trades can come together very fast if the have too.

Then you couple another underachiever with a pretty heavy contract Bueno!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Habs got te better deal just because they fill a need, another big winger. They get rid of one of their smurfs and get a guy that goes in the dirty areas. The positive ,  Bourque 13goals over 9 for Cammelleri The negative, Bourque gets hurt often and has had concussion issues.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

For Montreal fans they could get anyone with a french name and be happy.  Calgary fans are thrilled.  Their PP just got a lot better.  Cammy is a true gamer and like I posted earlier...Cammy is a playoff guy. 
    Montreal is officially in sell mode.  Adding a pick and a good power type fwd who is french and a 2nd rounder is a nice haul.  I still think Calgary wins this deal. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : No I don't think he was on the block because Cammalleri has a 7 team partial NMC so all that really had to be done Gauthier grabbing his Blackberry and sending out an email to seven GMs typing "Big Mouth Complainer is available". I've heard trades can come together very fast if the have too. Then you couple another underachiever with a pretty heavy contract Bueno!

They're saying it's a month he's been on the trading block. 
    In an interview with RDS Gauthier just confirmed this.
    Cammelleri has been a sour puss for months in Montreal

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Shades of Patrick Roy days!  If the trade is as described then Montreal did well, a second round pick from Calgary could be a nice pick.  Salary dump for Montreal.  Personally, the trade does not make Montreal a better team now.  Calgary is gambling on making the playoffs with the move.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    Isla, I think this is a trade that is decent for both teams this year. Both players are presently under-performing and they'll both likely elevate their play (for awhile at least) now that they've been traded. I will say that if Bourque doesn't elevate his play then it won't work out to be a good salary dump for the Habs. He's signed at 3.33 for the next 4 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : For Montreal fans they could get anyone with a french name and be happy.  Calgary fans are thrilled.  Their PP just got a lot better.  Cammy is a true gamer and like I posted earlier...Cammy is a playoff guy.  Montreal is officially in sell mode.  Adding a pick and a good power type fwd who is french and a 2nd rounder is a nice haul.  I still think Calgary wins this deal. 

(then) Gauthier is a pretty good liar, he just said they're not giving up on making the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : No I don't think he was on the block because Cammalleri has a 7 team partial NMC so all that really had to be done Gauthier grabbing his Blackberry and sending out an email to seven GMs typing "Big Mouth Complainer is available

Dawg - That's brilliant.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Dez, Cammalleri is to be paid 6 million in the next two years.  He has better career stats than Bourque and is a couple years younger.  Montreal did get a second rounder to compensate for the differences.  Montreal with the injuries is not competing for the playoffs imo.  Calgary is though making a last run with Iginla.  That fact pleases me in that I don't have to read "the Bs need Iginla" trade threads.  Lastly, Montreal is now a towering inferno!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins :  In an interview with RDS Gauthier just confirmed this.  Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

"Gauthier is a pretty good liar" you said not me...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cammalleri traded mid-game against Bruins : "Gauthier is a pretty good liar" you said not me...

it was meant as sarcasm to what Shupe said, not your post.
    As I was typing it was on TV ,  Michel Bergeron , Vincent Damphouse, PJ Stock were all discussing it's a month he's been trying to trade Cammelleri. Everybody in Montreal knew he was a cancer in the room.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Calgary wins this deal. Not by much but still wins. They get the better player. 

I'm happy. I got Iginla in my pool so possibly more points!