Campbell?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Campbell?

Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqBwUHvE2Ek

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Most important 4th line center in the league. Will be sorely missed.

Krejic back on the PK, Pev to the 4th line. Daug on the 3rd or Soda?

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Huge shame that it's a broken leg.  It does put his play after it into perspective though.  On a penalty kill, have your leg broken blocking a shot?  Get up and keep playing.  For what, 40 seconds?

If there were any Bruins fans who didn't appreciate the way Campbell plays, I think they've come over now. 

Julien may go with a bottom six mix-and-match using Peverley and Kelly as centers and Paille, Seguin, Thornton, and Daugavins/Soderberg as wings for the next game, but that's not a long term solution.  He'll settle on primary combinations at some point.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Weiner Scent! --

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What's the deal with the CrosbyCam?

That's awful!

Oh, and Campbell is the nuts.  Pure Bruin to the (broken) bone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

What else I add about the play of Campbell.  Best wishes to him in his recovery.  

Kelly on the fourth line with Soderberg in the lineup with Peverly as the third line center.  Daugy hockey is not for me.  CJ will pick him nonetheless.  

Don't judge me monkey!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Joe McDonald @ESPNJoeyMac 1m

Source: Campbell done with a broken right leg.

If true thats terrible.

Could you imagine if this was an athlete in another sport? The ambulance would be on the field. In hockey? Nope. He actually tried to block another shot, then skated off.

Kelvana33 = Greg Campbell fan.

Not to mention the walk to the dressing room!  He has always inspired his team mates with his brains and tenacity. What an unforgettable display of courage and commitment !!!The BRUINS will rally around  Greg and his efforts!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

That was one of the most gutsy things I've seen a player ever do, regardless of the sport.  To get up and try to play with a broken leg took a set of huge ones. 

+100!!

Guts, grit and ba11s, thy name is Gregory Campbell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

That line will need a center so I think Peverly slips down, Kelly with Seguin and Daugs. The only reason I say Pevs moves down is because CJ will want the 70% on faceoff guy down there to help them gain control off the draw better. Just my guess.

I hope not.

That would mean Daugavins would get more 5 on 5 TOI then Peverly. I'm thinking they leave the first three lines together and play the crap out of them . Just a guess also.

The rolling of the fourth line has just been lessened because of this injury. It will hurt the PK too.

I might agree with you here but who would take the draws on the 4t line ? Paille , maybe ?
    This is if Daugevins get the call to be a winger on the 4th line.

Also saw something out there of bringing Caron back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Interesting challenge for Claude. Will it be Daug; Soda; Pandolfo. Don't think he will use Caron due to inexperience. Whoever is named will join Thornton on the pine except for short shifts. Soderberg could bring skill, size and speed; Daug has speed and toughnesss; Pando doesn't have speed, but experience may count, although not in the current situation as the coaches can direct either Soda or Daug. Maybe [ guesswork] Claude will sit Thorny and have Soderberg center for Paille and Daugavins. Does anyone know if they have been practicing with the team or on their own with coaches. That could be Claude's backup. Speed and chemistry would be useful, and Thorny is comfortable with Campbell, but the others may have an edge in skills and practicing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

With Cooke running around I don't think I want to see Thornton in the press box.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

It should be Daugs all the way. He's can center and PK. I don't think they'd want to lessen Peverley's minutes by putting him on the 4th line...especially since the 4th line will see even less time now.

and oh yeah, Campbell is a MAN.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"What's the deal with the CrosbyCam?"

The Crosby Cam represents the hopes and aspirations of the CBC - now being squashed and ruined by the Bruins. When I saw that last night I thought, "That's it!" that explains why these guys are such Pens ballwashers, they were so looking forward to a coronation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

They've been practicing; during the whole "Jagr a healthy scratch?!" thing, Dupont commented that Daugavins looked like he had the most "jump" of the three and seemed the most probable replacement.

On the other hand, with Jagr skipping the morning skate, Soderberg was skating in his place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I expect Peverley to move to the fourth line and Daugavins to take a third line wing slot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I wouldn't hate the idea of inserting Caron. Another big body in the lineup could be nice.

Limit minutes to a max of 10 mins and it could be good. But no doubt, nobody else can fill Campbell's role as well as he does.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

That was the most amazing display of toughness I've seen as a Bruins fan.

Bobby flippin' Baun kind of tough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

it'll be unpopular, but Campbell really should have tried to get to the bench. Or stay on the ice til the bruins got possession. It became, basically, a 5 on 3 for 45 seconds. (but i think that when I guy break his stick - spend the 5 seconds to get to the bench and back).

The dividends his courage and strength paid to the team and everyone's morale, obviously can't be discounted, but I was yelling at the TV, 'Go to the bench!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

He will be sorely missed. Sorely.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I want to see Soderberg, please no Daug or (gulp) Panda.

Me too actually....try him for a game with minimum shifts, if it doesn't work out, come back with someone else for the next game.  (Hopefully the next game I speak of ...will be a game 1)  This is not some 19 year old kid, I think he can handle the pace and preasure of the playoffs and contribute.  On a side note, I want Seguin to score a GD goal!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

it'll be unpopular, but Campbell really should have tried to get to the bench. Or stay on the ice til the bruins got possession. It became, basically, a 5 on 3 for 45 seconds. (but i think that when I guy break his stick - spend the 5 seconds to get to the bench and back).

The dividends his courage and strength paid to the team and everyone's morale, obviously can't be discounted, but I was yelling at the TV, 'Go to the bench!"

I don't know if that's unpopular or not, but it sure seems dumb to me.  For one, he could barely skate, so a trip to the bench takes a long time, while his teammates defend a 5-3 in the zone.  You never do that.  Two, he deflected two passes and blocked the shooting lane several times.  It was better than nothing.  You can't just leave and head for the bench, breaking the umbrella, while the Pens are in a PP setup.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqBwUHvE2Ek

What's the deal with the CrosbyCam?

That's awful!

Oh, and Campbell is the nuts.  Pure Bruin to the (broken) bone.

i vomited in my mouth when i saw the "crosby cam". hats off to campbell- dude showed lots of heart. love the fact that the garden fans showed their appreciation! campbell! campbell! a terrible and great moment wrapped into one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He blocked the lanes and was effective on the PK on one leg - crawling to the bench and breaking the Bruins PK structure would have been the worst thing he could of done. IF he wanted to get off he could of just dropped to the ice or stay down until a whistle due to injury, but he didn't. Who knows how long the ref would have taken to blow it dead, so I think he made the right decision, as unbelievably gutsy as it was.

That was a Darryl Sydor like display - since I'm not old enough to have seen Baun, Sydor is the only comparison I've really seen in my life.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I didn't see any player interviews from last night, but - as good as Bergeron, Rask, Marchand and the rest were last night, I sure as heck hope that Campbell got the ARMY Rangers jacket after the game.

That was one of the gutsiest series of events this Bs fan has seen by any player and it really epitomizes the Bruins philosophy and team mentality.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Glad it didn't go unnoticed by the Garden faithful. I'm proud that Campbell wears the B on his chest.

Why would he skate back to the bench? That's the last thing he should have done. Either he should have laid down (couldn't have possibly blamed him) and gotten a whistle ASAP, or do what he did, which was still have an active stick and disrupt passing and shooting lanes. In case you didn't notice, it took him about 15-20 seconds to get to the bench anyways. If it was 1st or 3rd period and it was the near bench, maybe, but opposite bench? No way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Huge shame that it's a broken leg.  It does put his play after it into perspective though.  On a penalty kill, have your leg broken blocking a shot?  Get up and keep playing.  For what, 40 seconds?

If there were any Bruins fans who didn't appreciate the way Campbell plays, I think they've come over now. 

Julien may go with a bottom six mix-and-match using Peverley and Kelly as centers and Paille, Seguin, Thornton, and Daugavins/Soderberg as wings for the next game, but that's not a long term solution.  He'll settle on primary combinations at some point.

Real men where black,man i would have been lying on the ice screaming.

Sections
Shortcuts