Can I have some Jam for my toast please!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Can I have some Jam for my toast please!

It's tough to criticize a Bruins team that is off to it's best start in the history of the franchise.  However, I am going to anyway.  Let me first say that it is comforting to see that this team just knows how to win, period!  However, I believe that the B's are struggling a bit on offense campared to the last couple of seasons where they were top 5, because the forwards are not playing with enough Jam. Looch is top 10 in the league for hits with 39.  However, the next forward on the list is guess who, the smallest of the bunch, Chris Bourque with 16, which ranks 168th in the league.   I know that I am nitpicking right now, but I feel that if the B's step up the hitting by the forwards, the goals will come at a better rate.  Now I don't want forwards getting out of position to deliver a blow and adversely affect their great defense, but there are times when the forwards are choosing to stick check when the body would be more appropriate.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Can I have some Jam for my toast please!

In response to MeanE's comment:

It's tough to criticize a Bruins team that is off to it's best start in the history of the franchise.  However, I am going to anyway.  Let me first say that it is comforting to see that this team just knows how to win, period!  However, I believe that the B's are struggling a bit on offense campared to the last couple of seasons where they were top 5, because the forwards are not playing with enough Jam. Looch is top 10 in the league for hits with 39.  However, the next forward on the list is guess who, the smallest of the bunch, Chris Bourque with 16, which ranks 168th in the league.   I know that I am nitpicking right now, but I feel that if the B's step up the hitting by the forwards, the goals will come at a better rate.  Now I don't want forwards getting out of position to deliver a blow and adversely affect their great defense, but there are times when the forwards are choosing to stick check when the body would be more appropriate.  

MeanE, I think you sort of nailed it with the defensive positioning angle. We all want to see more hits but not at the expense of being taken out of the play and right now, the Bruins are playing just well enough to win games. It seems they can still elevate their play if need be and I expect them to turn up the physical play in the last 8-12 game stretch of the season. I'm not concerned with a bit of complacency in the season's first 10 games. They'll come around eventually. Heck, this team hasn't even really started rolling yet. You can see their passing is also still just slightly out of sync. Guys are in good position for one timers only to get a pass that's just slightly ahead or behind them. I'm excited to see how they will look when they put it all together. Also, I bet you'll see more hitting from them tonight because that's the sort of game they have to play against NYR.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I'm kind of with you on this,don't think there record would be so good if it wasn't for defence and goaltending,they definetly aren't scoring goals,i really thought Seguin was going to become an elite player this year,expected him to be top 5 forward,but he really looks average to me.Im worried ,they aren't going to win every game 2-1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

I'm kind of with you on this,don't think there record would be so good if it wasn't for defence and goaltending,they definetly aren't scoring goals,i really thought Seguin was going to become an elite player this year,expected him to be top 5 forward,but he really looks average to me.Im worried ,they aren't going to win every game 2-1

The Bruins have scored 2.9 goals per game so far. The Ducks and Hawks are the only top teams scoring significantly higher( both around 3.5). The Leafs, Sharks and Canucks are all at 3 per game. The Devils, Sens and Wings are all at 2.75 or below and just so you don't think I purposely left them out, the mighty Penguin offense sits at 3.15 per game. I'd rather see the Bruins double their output too but I'm happy that they're scoring enough to win (so far) and appear to have lots left in the tank.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

The Bruins have scored 2.9 goals per game so far. The Ducks and Hawks are the only top teams scoring significantly higher( both around 3.5). The Leafs, Sharks and Canucks are all at 3 per game. The Devils, Sens and Wings are all at 2.75 or below and just so you don't think I purposely left them out, the mighty Penguin offense sits at 3.15 per game. I'd rather see the Bruins double their output too but I'm happy that they're scoring enough to win (so far) and appear to have lots left in the tank.

[/QUOTE]

Dez- where are you getting these numbers from?  NHL.com shows the B's at 2.70 goals per game and the other teams you mentioned are different as well.  The Bruins at 2.70 rank 15th with Tampa leading the way with 3.91.  Unless I am reading somehting wrong?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dez- where are you getting these numbers from?  NHL.com shows the B's at 2.70 goals per game and the other teams you mentioned are different as well.  The Bruins at 2.70 rank 15th with Tampa leading the way with 3.91.  Unless I am reading somehting wrong?

[/QUOTE]

They played 10 games and have scored 29 goals. That's from NHL.com. I just looked at how many goals each team scored and divided by games played. Van (11 games-33 goals). Sharks (12 games-36 goals). Duck (11 games-39 goals). Seems right to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The Hawks scored 42 goals in 12 games which is 3.5 right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Dont's worry about the goalscoring, the B's are about to add Pandolfo. This should help in that department....:)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Seems right, but that's not what NHL.com reports.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20132ALLSAAAll&sort=avgGoalsPerGame&viewName=goalsFor

Not sure what the discrepancy is?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Seems right, but that's not what NHL.com reports.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20132ALLSAAAll&sort=avgGoalsPerGame&viewName=goalsFor

Not sure what the discrepancy is?

The discrepancy is likely between goals per game and goals per 60 minutes (which wouldn't match).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

It looks like they don't count EN goals in the Goals for Average.  Wow, learn something new every day.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Looks like Chiarelli and Julien think that Pandolfo might give them some better minutes than Bourque.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'll take a high goal differential over scoring the most goals any day. But to your point MeanE, I would like to see a little more toughness along the boards too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProudBruinsfan. Show ProudBruinsfan's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Dont's worry about the goalscoring, the B's are about to add Pandolfo. This should help in that department....:)

LOL LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

MeanE to set the record straight:  it is "May" I have some jam?

Can is incorrect and reminds me of all the McDonalds workers.

Nice kids, but I'm sick of hearing "Can I help you, Sir."

I don't know? Do you want to help me? Then you may.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

MeanE to set the record straight:  it is "May" I have some jam?

Can is incorrect and reminds me of all the McDonalds workers.

Nice kids, but I'm sick of hearing "Can I help you, Sir."

I don't know? Do you want to help me? Then you may.

A person learns something new every day when they come here. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I prefer Bacon and Eggs (scrambled), Home Fries and Rye Bread. Hot sauce on my eggs easy on the salt.

The Bruins are playing more like meat eaters then vegeterians.

If we take a real look at the team Bourque, Hamilton and Kudo are only players not part of the SC roster. This is a team with good coach.

I mention that Pandolfo would be signed and he is for 600 g's, better yet a two way deal. If no one claims him off waivers by noon today, Feb. 13/2013. Most people are saying why Pandolfo,

Caron ( still getting over injury) Lane Mcdermid ( ?) Spooner ( not quite there yet) and this move will give strength to our 3rd and 4th line. He may not be that 40 goal sniper were looking for but... I am OK with this signing. Next move for PC will be minor league deals, Rask signing and get ready for deadline.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If you want to get technical can is an appropriate word. It's implying that they have to help you so if you would get to ordering, do it.

Can I help you? Asking permission to take your order. I'm fine with that.

May I help you? Yes you may, but can you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

If you want to get technical can is an appropriate word. It's implying that they have to help you so if you would get to ordering, do it.

May I help you?  Asking for permission.

Can I help you?  I hope you can because if you can't give me a burger and fries, you should be fired.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Of course you may help me its your job and I damn well hope you can that is also your job.

It's a silly argument that really doesn't make a difference in my life. Just my .02 and an interesting observation for while I was BAW.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Of course you may help me its your job and I damn well hope you can that is also your job.

It's a silly argument that really doesn't make a difference in my life. Just my .02 and an interesting observation for while I was BAW.

I don't know what .02 is.  Nothing less than a nickel in Canada.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I don't know what .02 is.  Nothing less than a nickel in Canada.

Legal alcohol limit?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Consult one of your old English teachers and watch her/him cringe when you repeat what you just wrote.

Where were you during English classes?

Next lesson we'll cover the diference between:

May and Might

Lay and lie

Could and would

Will and shall

Beware...your head will spin.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Here are some resources for all of you to brush up on your English, so you'll be well spoken when the Bruins win the Cup again:

THE MOST CONFUSED

http://www.differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-can-and-may/

NEXT MOST CONFUSED

http://www.differencebetween.net/language/words-language/difference-between-irony-and-coincidence/

OTHER CONFUSED

http://www.differencebetween.net/category/language/grammar-language/

More lessons to follow...