Can I just say...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

Can I just say...

...over the course of the season, there's been arguments and snarky comments and more than a few insults on this board, but now that I've taken a tour of a Canucks board, I have to say that you guys (with the exception of the random troll, of course) are intelligent, knowledgable and, most of all, not utterly insane.  Just *reading* the stuff they have to say over there is an insult to a person's intelligence.  It's a constant stream of "the bruins are goons and thugs", "the bruins will win the cup because Campbell's on the team...or because they'll cheat their way to it", "marchand should be suspended", "our team doesn't whine, we're the epitome of class...and the mean old bruins are being awful to us", "Thomas should be suspended because he was slashing Burrows for no reason at all"...and now...the worst of the worst...they're saying that Horton is just faking.  As a headgame.

Guys...honestly...how much of a homer do you have to be to be THAT blind??

I suppose what I really want to say is, no matter how contentious it can get around here, I'm glad that this is "home"...because those fans are NUTS.Yell

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Re: Can I just say...

I have to live with it here!!! Everyone from hockey moms on my kids team (sending me texts with "go..nucks..go" to which I responded "TOUCHDOWN and a TWO Point Convert!!"  to the bandwagon casual "fan" who cant believe the "barbarism" the b's display...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Vintage whine. I love it. More of the same, please!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I thought the penalty on Marchand was just ridiculous.

He holds one guy, two guys take runs at him and somehow he gets a 4 minute penalty.

Love Marchand's comment that he hasn't taken a penalty in 2 games, he thought it was bs too.

When you watch a team as dirty as the Nucks, I guess you stop realizing how dirty they are and start to externalize what you're seeing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

What's making me crazy is the way their fans completely ignore the fact that their team brought this on themselves.  You can only push this Bruins team so far before they push back...and now the Canucks are acting like all of this came out of the blue.  You listen to them long enough and you'd half-expect to see wings and halos over the Sedin's heads Innocent

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwnset22. Show dwnset22's posts

In Response to Re: Can I just say...:
    I thought the penalty on Marchand was just ridiculous. He holds one guy, two guys take runs at him and somehow he gets a 4 minute penalty. Love Marchand's comment that he hasn't taken a penalty in 2 games, he thought it was bs too. When you watch a team as dirty as the Nucks, I guess you stop realizing how dirty they are and start to externalize what you're seeing.
    Posted by nrguy

Marchand got 6 minutess there not four

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

green blinders on here, I might have a tinge of black and gold blinders but I can see what marchand brings...they dont see the same from Lappy the lap dog (they say he's just a good team guy).

-Chara is a brute
    -Marchand is dirty
    -Thomas shouldnt be allow to body check
    -Horton brought it upon himself
    -Thornton taunted the nuck b4 the Rome hit
    -Campbell is pulling strings
    -Burke was influencing dicipline

it goes on and on here and in the media

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: Can I just say... : Marchand got 6 minutess there not four
    Posted by dwnset22

Right, but the 2 minutes I didn't refer to was a 2 minute roughing. March got a 2 minute holding, tripping and roughing. Where was the tripping? Avoiding a hit by Sedin who took a charge at him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My favorite:  Horton got smoked because he was admiring his pass.

Yeah, that makes a world of sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

My favorite:  Horton got smoked because he was admiring his pass. Yeah, that makes a world of sense.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yeah Nas, for a full 3 strides after the pass........I'm getting tired of people telling me the hit wasn't dirty, it was just late.......and trying to explain that late makes it dirty isn't the easiest thing to do when dealing with the sort of person that says such a thing.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!  2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

My favorite:  Horton got smoked because he was admiring his pass. Yeah, that makes a world of sense.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree, NAS. I like how everyone says his head was down.  Actually, it was turned...but...whatever.  There is no reasoning with some people Yell

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Ye missed the fact that once again Chara takes a shot to the head, takes 2 for roughing and a 10 min misconduct.

It just appeared the refs were trying to appease the Nucks and their fans to try and get them a goal and a PP at that. When that(March 4 mins to end game on PP) wasn't working they thought to take off top PK Dman in Chara it might work.

There were lots of missed pens both ways, March did get a high stick on Sed earlier but it was not worth the 6 mins he got later. Yes he deserved the 2 mins for the shoulder grab on the D but the trip pen and rough both should have been offsetting. McQ got 10 min misc, fine, but Ehrhoff? should have gone with him or been issued a 3rd man in(then again they only gave them roughing).

The sanctimonious b-ess from the players, the media and the fans alike just irritates the shiite out of me. The gaul the players have saying that there is nothing instigated by them and that it is the B's that carry on after every whistle.  Bieksa said that every time there is extracurricular after the whistle it is always in the B's zone it never happens in their zone.  What an idiot, like everyone buying into this, this is happening because in the B's zone it is being initiated by the Van forwards at TT's net, and not being done by the B's forwards at the other end. What a tool.

TT was awesome in getting his whacks back at them, how the ref could watch the shiite Rabbit(burrows) whack his stick. This was far worse than Avery's theatrics on Brodeur as far as I am concerned, just pathetic.

On March, I love his play but...

it was just total stupidity to take a penalty where and when he did, just freakin stupid. His response to their charges was awesome tho, he didn't back down, he went after the far bigger players and was prepared for lumps, but he is tougher than most think he is because of his size.  Then he does the stupid hand washing going by the bench, once again there was no need, I would sooner he just play the game. His mouthing riled up I believe the habnots and they had turned around a game earlier, he needs to make his actions 8G 7A 15pts and shut down of oppositions top lines do his speaking.

We are going into game 5 of the SCP, we need him outta the box and not the ref target as he will be even moreso the next three games.

Ryder, there has been no glider to the boy these playoffs, he has earned his 4M plus these playoffs, 7G 8A 15Pts tied for 13th overall with 2G 2A in the finals, he has made his net presence felt at both ends, even the haters have to see this.

TT just WOW!!!

Sections
Shortcuts