Can I say it now?? can I can I...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Can I say it now?? can I can I...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR HOLTBY TO BE ELIMINATED !!!

I'm so so tired of hearing Holtby this and Holty that... give me a break with this love affair!!! SO SICK of all the azz ..... from the media.
    Bruins never really challenged him, never got to all those rebounds in front he left and never got in his face in front.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Can I say it now?? can I can I...

Agreed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Can I say it now?? can I can I...:
    [QUOTE]I CAN'T WAIT FOR HOLTBY TO BE ELIMINATED !!! I'm so so tired of hearing Holtby this and Holty that... give me a break with this love affair!!! Bruins never really challenged him, never got to all those rebounds in front he left and never got in his face in front.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

He's going to crumble with real pressure on him like the Bruins should have, but didn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The Caps are deeply flawed - they won't win in the next round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

agree. and if Patrice B gets a better shot off,B's win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

If they get the Rangers next round it will be more of the same for Holtby... hope they end up with Philly, would be interesting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He was very shaky tonight. The B' just could not/would not fight in the dirty areas to make him too uncomfortable. They did it to some extent in the second period tonight, but did not do it consistently throughout the series. If they play Philly he will be eaten alive...quite literally. Hartnell will have him for breakfast. Even if it is the Rangers, Callahan or Dubinsky will do the same.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I tip my hat to them. They played well in front of Holtby, and he made the saves when he needed to. It's the old "woulda, coulda, shoulda" when it comes to the B's and applying more shots/pressure. This was a coin toss series from the get go.....even though many thought the Caps would be different against the B's in the post season.

Oh well, we won the Cup last year, and there's still alot of things to be proud of.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

There were times the Bruins made him look ordinary.  Proved he was mortal after all.  When they got pucks in close, jammed away and laid off those long range shots from the wings they did well.  They just didn't do it enough. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, f*#k Holtby.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Neuvirth will be the starter at some point, no matter who they play in the next round. He leaves rebounds all over the place! The B's just didn't want it bad enuff to get to them. When the B's got to them, they converted more times then Holbty stopped them. The Kid played well, but the B's helped him to look good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That's exactly it RHO. Despite NBC's best efforts, Holtby was solid but not spectacular. His D really did the heavy lifting so hats off to them.

By the way, why do the B's seem to lose to the alleged hot "newcomer" in goal more times than not?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Julien said it well just now on the post game presser.  He said that the Bruins might have outshot the Caps this series but the scoring chances were merely even.
    Just not enough in his book to win a series.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

No PP finally caught up and bit them in the @ss. Holtby did get help in front of the net, and if the Caps can play like that , they do have a chance. Most evenly matched team we could've faced. Good series, hats off to the Caps, they got the lucky bounce, we didn't. Cya next year B's. Lets Go Celtics! I appreciate the fact we usually have a competitive team in ALL of our sports team. Not gonna take advantage of that. However the Sox scare me. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Can I say it now?? can I can I...:
    [QUOTE]That's exactly it RHO. Despite NBC's best efforts, Holtby was solid but not spectacular. His D really did the heavy lifting so hats off to them. By the way, why do the B's seem to lose to the alleged hot "newcomer" in goal more times than not?
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

jm - CBC did their fair share of heaping praise on this guy.  I don't think the Bruins made the game as difficult as hoped for him.  I'd imagine most NHL goalies are going to stop the majority of the shots they can see.  He did. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The guy plays behind a brutal 1-4 trap against a team that totally failed to execute and adjust.  The media fauning was silly.  Lots of great performances from guys on the Caps.  Holtby was a lot of hype, to me.  He was average.  Huge rebound in the slot on a bad angle shot for the one goal tonight...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]The guy plays behind a brutal 1-4 trap against a team that totally failed to execute and adjust.  The media fauning was silly.  Lots of great performances from guys on the Caps.  Holtby was a lot of hype, to me.  He was average.  Huge rebound in the slot on a bad angle shot for the one goal tonight...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch - He was a rebound machine in the series but the Bruins weren't in position to take advantage.  Should he face a team that does have some netfront presence, that could be a problem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can I say it now?? can I can I... : jm - CBC did their fair share of heaping praise on this guy.  I don't think the Bruins made the game as difficult as hoped for him.  I'd imagine most NHL goalies are going to stop the majority of the shots they can see.  He did. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

NBC was on the bandwagon too. Just pathetic punditry without regard to reality. You are quite right. He made the saves expected by an NHL goalie (those perimeter shots we have all been howling about since game 1)but he is not the next Roy. He is the next Penny. I expect that kind of false praise from political pundits but not hockey experts....LOL!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Can I say it now?? can I can I...:
    [QUOTE]I CAN'T WAIT FOR HOLTBY TO BE ELIMINATED !!! I'm so so tired of hearing Holtby this and Holty that... give me a break with this love affair!!! SO SICK of all the azz ..... from the media. Bruins never really challenged him, never got to all those rebounds in front he left and never got in his face in front.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I agree.  He is so over-rated already.  The Bruins did not test him enough.  I will even cheer for the damn Rangers or Flyers over the Caps.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Can I say it now?? can I can I... : I agree.  He is so over-rated already.  The Bruins did not test him enough.  I will even cheer for the damn Rangers or Flyers over the Caps.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

So, let me get this right.

The Bruins lost to a rookie goalie who's really not that good?

From what I saw, Holtby is a calm, poised goalie who is positionally very strong, and has the full confidence of his teammates.  He also made a couple of sick saves at key times with an outstretched toe on a move that made my groin hurt just watching it.  Full credit to the defensive system the Caps played.  They made it exceedingly difficult for the Bruins to get to the front of the net.  Look at the effort expended by Seguin to get that loose puck. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can I say it now?? can I can I... : So, let me get this right. The Bruins lost to a rookie goalie who's really not that good? From what I saw, Holtby is a calm, poised goalie who is positionally very strong, and has the full confidence of his teammates.  He also made a couple of sick saves at key times with an outstretched toe on a move that made my groin hurt just watching it.  Full credit to the defensive system the Caps played.  They made it exceedingly difficult for the Bruins to get to the front of the net.  Look at the effort expended by Seguin to get that loose puck. 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

You are right about the the statement bolded above but not about Holtby in general. Yes, he is positionally strong, as are all capable NHL goalies but he was not tested enough to be anointed the next great thing. To be clear, this is the fault of the Bruins not fighting for the puck and the good play of the Caps D more than the alleged greatness of Holtby.

As a relative newly transplanted American to Saskatchewan (don't ask why) I got to see Holtby's last year in S'toon and know he is easily rattled by those willing to pay the price to be in his space. We saw this in the second period tonight, if ever so briefly. He is good but easily distracted. The B's could have taken advantage of this but did not. Philly or NYR will not be so passive around him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

North I will give him credit for not getting rattled and of course he made a few huge saves.  I just didn't think Boston seriously tested him for any extended period of time throughout the whole series.  I do agree with you 100% on the Washington defense.  They were amazing game in and game out.  I really didn't think they had it in them.  I will give Holtby credit for giving them consistent goaltending so that they didn't have to panic and change their game plan.  They likely wouldn't have gotten that from their other goalies.  I just think again for the most part that he didn't have to be spectacular.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can I say it now?? can I can I... : So, let me get this right. The Bruins lost to a rookie goalie who's really not that good? From what I saw, Holtby is a calm, poised goalie who is positionally very strong, and has the full confidence of his teammates.  He also made a couple of sick saves at key times with an outstretched toe on a move that made my groin hurt just watching it.  Full credit to the defensive system the Caps played.  They made it exceedingly difficult for the Bruins to get to the front of the net.  Look at the effort expended by Seguin to get that loose puck. 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Nah, I don't think you watched very carefully.  A lot of the players on the Caps deserve a ton of credit, most notably the defensmen.  It was the broadcasters who pumped up Holtby.  I have rarely seen a goalie have such an easy time in the playoffs.  The Bruins were dreadful in their attack -- everything from the perimeter and mostly just choking on the 1-4 trap.  Holtby still let up a ton of rebounds as RHO said and cruised on the weakness of the Bruin attack.  It was nothing at all like what Luongo saw last year.  A good story for the networks to run with, but if you watched the games, Holtby was nothing more than average.  Many other Cap players performed huge and should get the credit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The Caps blocked a ton of shots and very rarely gave our Defense lanes to rip it.

What never got mentioned was how the B's were never really able to create offense off the cycle in the offensive zone.  At most they were able to get it back to the point, but there were no lanes for our D to get packs to the net. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Bad power play killed them.  this really needs an overhaul.  teams play agrgressive and have 2 guys on the puck and they cant handle it.

Wash played well defensively and had more quality scoring chances which was the difference.

I couldnt believe how flat Boston came out in the first period.

No fault on Bergy in OT at all - the puck was rolling - he was running out of ice and there wasnt much to shoot at.

Good season - team just not good enough this year.