Can Krug Get 30?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Can Krug Get 30?

I love how he showed up at the side of the net for last night's goal.  He's got five already and has proved that last year wasn't a fluke.  Tremendous goal scorer, tremendous instincts.

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Can Krug Get 30?

Yes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'd love to see that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

I love how he showed up at the side of the net for last night's goal.  He's got five already and has proved that last year wasn't a fluke.  Tremendous goal scorer, tremendous instincts.

What do you think?

I dont know about 30, but i think he's off to a great start and hope he can keep it up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Thirty is improbable, but it would be great to see.

He currently leads rookie D in points and goals; is 6th overall in rookie scoring.  If the forwards can remember how to get (and score on) rushes again, his assist total should go up quite a bit.  I wonder if that'd be enough to get him in the Calder discussion?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

30 is a reach. I'd be pleasantly suprised if ever nets 20. Certainly adds a nice offensive dynamic. How the heck did this kid go undrafted?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'd be delighted with 20.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

CJ will take a heart attack if it's any more than 10

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

on pace for 29...why not?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

The guy can score but you're joking right to think he'll get 30 - not going to happen maybe 12-15  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3673778. Show user_3673778's posts

they should try him up front for a game, lots of speed 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to user_3673778's comment:

Trust me I am not attacking you. But why do I hear this so much these days about defensman? If they have good speed or are offensive, people say put them at forward. They make it sound like it's an easy transition, especially at the NHL level. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I'd like to see his numbers translate into a win or two any time now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

The guy can score but you're joking right to think he'll get 30 - not going to happen maybe 12-15  

so you think he only has 7 goals left in him this season. without injury 20 is close to a lock. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

I'd like to see his numbers translate into a win or two any time now.

go away. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

No not 30 but 15 is a possibility he does have great instincts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to marco0863's comment:

so you think he only has 7 goals left in him this season. without injury 20 is close to a lock. 

maybe 20 but ill stick to 12-15 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I think he's got a great instinct for when to get in close to the net, and he knows what to do when he gets the puck.

Fun to watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to user_3673778's comment:

Trust me I am not attacking you. But why do I hear this so much these days about defensman? If they have good speed or are offensive, people say put them at forward. They make it sound like it's an easy transition, especially at the NHL level. 

A lot of my friends have been saying this too. I dont get it! He is a defenceman! Let him play defence. Who knows if he would be any good at wing. He's playing well on the d now, lets just keep it that way!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

You've got a defenseman who:

• Plays well enough in his own zone that you don't cringe when he's defending.  I'd even say Krug is quite good along the boards.
    • Skates the puck out of the defensive end and through the neutral zone effectively.
    • Makes things happen on offense.

Isn't that far more valuable than anything he could possibly do as a forward?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Krug reminds me of a poor mans Rafalski.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

• Plays well enough in his own zone that you don't cringe when he's defending.  I'd even say Krug is quite good along the boards.
    • Skates the puck out of the defensive end and through the neutral zone effectively.

Bingo.  Yes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to DrCC's comment:

Bingo.  Yes.

His biigest asset is skating the puck out of the zone and that puts him in a position to go offense as well. this team has been lacking this for too long. Will he get 30 ? i dont think so but anything is possible and if the Bs cn get that pp working better, you can bet he will lead in pp points this team. I wouldnt be afraid to et on 20 goals if he stays healthy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Krug reminds me of a poor mans Rafalski. 

I'll take that all day!

Sections
Shortcuts