Can someone let me know what ever happened to McQuaid?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Can someone let me know what ever happened to McQuaid?

I mean all that story it was nothing serious was a smoke screen .
    I'm sure it'll come out it was another concussion . 
    That's it 5 Bruin players that'll be in lineup next season have suffered from concussions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Can someone let me know what ever happened to McQuaid?

In Response to Can someone let me know what ever happened to McQuaid?:
    I mean all that story it was nothing serious was a smoke screen . I'm sure it'll come out it was another concussion .  That's it 5 Bruin players that'll be in lineup next season have suffered from concussions.
    Posted by BsLegion

The hit from Chimera  caused more damage than a injured eye.Maybe Adam didn't exibit concussion symptoms immediately,but he lasted exactly 1 period and not many shifts when he came back.He never even touched the ice after that,likely meaning he in fact did suffer a concussion and a bad one at that.When watching the hit when it happened i found it hard to believe he didn't suffer a concussion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

My guess: They figured the cons outweighed the pros after he "didn't feel quite right", and they probably wanted to shut him down for the season. He probably could have come back, but they are probably learning very quickly that NOBODY should rush back from a concussion.

I feel as though after they saw Bergeron recover and come back to his old self, they probably felt more comfortable. Now, after seeing Savard and Horton face some setbacks, they probably wanted to shut him down.

They also probably felt that, from a skill standpoint, that Zanon wasn't a huge dropoff. Even though we all think he was (I personally think he's responsible for that last goal, and he's a huge drop off), it wasn't worth Quaider risking his future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I think this organization knowing what it does about past players with concussion injuries they tend to ere on the side of caution.Unfortunately I think Horton may be done too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Re: Can someone let me know what ever happened to McQuaid?:
    I think this organization knowing what it does about past players with concussion injuries they tend to ere on the side of caution.Unfortunately I think Horton may be done too.

Posted by john6345

Doesn't matter. The worlds gonna end this year too, right?

Horton will be ready to start the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I don't think Horton is done; I simply think they're going to play him on the safe side. He was skating about a month ago, they just weren't clearing him for contact. They probably shut him down early so that it wasn't a distraction, he wasn't feeling pressure, and they just didn't rush him into action. It was the smart decision to shut him down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Perhaps we won't find out the extent of all the injuries (i. e., Bergeron) until the Bruins have their year end press wrap-up.  Maybe then they'll reveal everything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

From this:

"Forward Nathan Horton and defenseman Adam McQuaid, both of whom are dealing with concussions, are expected to make full recoveries, according to general manager Peter Chiarelli."

Finally official, it seems.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

From this: http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=9077 "Forward  Nathan Horton  and defenseman  Adam McQuaid , both of whom are dealing with concussions, are expected to make full recoveries, according to general manager Peter Chiarelli." Finally official, it seems.
    Posted by DrCC

Man, I hope both are back for next year. Their grit was sorely missed against the Caps. Guaranteed Horton would not have been playing the perimeter like so many of the B's forwards did. Likewise; Zanon, Corvo, and Motteau were not terrible but they simply do not have the intimidation facter that McQuaid has. Once he gets his gameface on, he looks like he is literally going to eat someone on the ice. No way the likes of Hendricks, Chimera, Ward, or Knuble would have been as brave. Love it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Concussion for McQuaid, strained oblique and broken nose for Bergeron

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

From this: http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=9077 "Forward  Nathan Horton  and defenseman  Adam McQuaid , both of whom are dealing with concussions, are expected to make full recoveries, according to general manager Peter Chiarelli." Finally official, it seems.
    Posted by DrCC

Thanks,
    I guess the peeps on BDC (Fluto and KPD) are too busy wrting articles on how, when Tim Thomas gets booted out of town.
    I'm really disgusted .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Remembering now that it was Chimera that gave it to him, I kind of wish the B's were down 7-1 in the last game so someone could open up a world of hurt on Chimera and not worry about hurting the team. Put Chimera on my long list of dirtbags that includes Cooke, Mike Richards, Sestito, Randy Jones and just about every Flyer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Can someone let me know what ever happened to McQuaid? : Man, I hope both are back for next year. Their grit was sorely missed against the Caps. Guaranteed Horton would not have been playing the perimeter like so many of the B's forwards did. Likewise; Zanon, Corvo, and Motteau were not terrible but they simply do not have the intimidation facter that McQuaid has. Once he gets his gameface on, he looks like he is literally going to eat someone on the ice. No way the likes of Hendricks, Chimera, Ward, or Knuble would have been as brave. Love it.
    Posted by jmwalters

Spot on JMW.  With no news at all, I was beginning to worry about McQuaid's eye and his vision.  Get Horton, McQuaid, Bergeron, and Rask healthy, have a good look at Dougie Hamilton, add Parise (I know ...) and the Bs can make a serious run at the Cup again next year.  It just wasn't in the cards this time around.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

..first game vs. the caps next year--payback.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

OK, now we have confirmation. With rest we should have both Horton and McQuaid back. Truly limits the need for any major deals, although any expectations that Peverly is productive on Kreji or Bergeron's line should be canned. He's superb on the 3rd line with Kelly[ need to re-sign], and even Pouliot, who has the tools, but needs to be consistent. Kelly is the key. Another sniper for Kreji would allow Caron to fill in as a new fourth line with Hendrickson. Once again, why Thornton has a new contract is unbelievasble. Perhaps Campbell will be resigned, or a deal with Tampa could bring back Nate Thompson who has become a solid bottom six player.The Caps showed that a re-tooled 4th line is necessary, and Kelly is a key returnee. Paille does well, but still "stone hands " mostly.

Sections
Shortcuts