Can the Bruins go 6-4 the rest of the way?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Can the Bruins go 6-4 the rest of the way?

For all the talk about the sky is falling,hangovers,and must win games (especially the nonsense that Jack Edwards was spewing on Saturday Night vs. the Habs), if the Bruins simply go 6-4 (or any other combination of 12 pts.) during the remaining ten game segments they will end the season with 92 points.  Throw in another victory for the 71st game and the B's would end up with 94.  Most seasons, this is enough to get into the playoffs.  Once there, we know that the B's can make the necessary sacrafices to win Lord Stanley.  

If the B's on average grab 13.5 out of a possible 20 points per 10 game segment, guess what, they end up with 103 pts., same total as last year.  Do any of you really think that this squad can't accomplish this?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevio19. Show kevio19's posts

Re: Can the Bruins go 6-4 the rest of the way?

They for sure can if they play well.  Add in the fact that likely a quarter or so of those losses will be in OT or shootouts thats 6-3-1 for 13 points each 10 game segment so that would work out to 91 + 8(already) + whatever happens in Game 82. = at least 99 points, which is more than enough to get in the playoffs.

I'd still prefer them to win the division and have home ice through the first round, for that to happen they need to start winning, and win their divisional matchups, and its got to start now. They have a pretty easy November, need to make hay when the sun shines. With the 12 games they have left in November only 1 against Detroit is a team that had more points then the Bruins last year. That game, 2 against both Buffalo and Toronto 1 against Montreal are their biggest tests. If they can go 8-2-2 the rest of the month that puts them at 12-9-2 =26 points which would combat the brutal start.

There's hope from last night, but they gotta get on a role NOW!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Can the Bruins go 6-4 the rest of the way?:
    For all the talk about the sky is falling,hangovers,and must win games (especially the nonsense that Jack Edwards was spewing on Saturday Night vs. the Habs), if the Bruins simply go 6-4 (or any other combination of 12 pts.) during the remaining ten game segments they will end the season with 92 points.  Throw in another victory for the 71st game and the B's would end up with 94.  Most seasons, this is enough to get into the playoffs.  Once there, we know that the B's can make the necessary sacrafices to win Lord Stanley.   If the B's on average grab 13.5 out of a possible 20 points per 10 game segment, guess what, they end up with 103 pts., same total as last year.  Do any of you really think that this squad can't accomplish this?  
    Posted by MeanE

Mean, I'm with you on this idea. I said something similar on Sunday after some posters mentioned how unlikely it was that Boston makes the playoffs. Playing .600 hockey for the rest of the year won't be easy but it's what I expect of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I know they can but I have doubts about how hungry they are. I know this the bruins don't wana get too far behind the 8 ball because kethcup hockey can become very difficult expecialy trying to gain on teams when points are awarded for overtime and shootout loses. I know the bruins are capable and should be a playoff team after the final game of the regular season but I have a big problem how alot of games this season they appeared to have no interest in showing up. Had the bruins played hard and lost all these games so far I wouldn;t be as concerned as I am now. When a team loses from lack of effort and skating as much as we have early this season that sets off some red flags.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

too early to predict how many points needed to make playoffs....  also hard to do so in this age of countless 3-point games....

last year Dallas missed out with 95 points....

i'd rather take it a game at a time....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Yes

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Bruins go 6-4 the rest of the way?:
    I know they can but I have doubts about how hungry they are. I know this the bruins don't wana get too far behind the 8 ball because kethcup hockey can become very difficult expecialy trying to gain on teams when points are awarded for overtime and shootout loses. I know the bruins are capable and should be a playoff team after the final game of the regular season but I have a big problem how alot of games this season they appeared to have no interest in showing up. Had the bruins played hard and lost all these games so far I wouldn;t be as concerned as I am now. When a team loses from lack of effort and skating as much as we have early this season that sets off some red flags.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

I see this as pretty much the definition of the Stanley Cup hangover.  Lack of legs and lack of intensity to start the new year.  Really shouldn't come as much of a surprise.  I think it's much less because they don't care and more just a matter of the "hangover".  Also, I think their recent dumb penalties and outbursts are proof that they care.  If you don't care, you don't get that frustrated as to start taking dumb penalties at dumb times.  Not the best way to deal with the frustration but if anything I think it shows they care

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Can the Bruins go 6-4 the rest of the way?:
    For all the talk about the sky is falling,hangovers,and must win games (especially the nonsense that Jack Edwards was spewing on Saturday Night vs. the Habs), if the Bruins simply go 6-4 (or any other combination of 12 pts.) during the remaining ten game segments they will end the season with 92 points.  Throw in another victory for the 71st game and the B's would end up with 94.  Most seasons, this is enough to get into the playoffs.  Once there, we know that the B's can make the necessary sacrafices to win Lord Stanley.   If the B's on average grab 13.5 out of a possible 20 points per 10 game segment, guess what, they end up with 103 pts., same total as last year.  Do any of you really think that this squad can't accomplish this?  
    Posted by MeanE

Past history shows that just getting into the playoffs is far from good enough.  Home ice during the Conference playoffs is almost a must.  A good poster on here has noted that seeds 6,7 and 8 have never won a cup in the history of the league.  I don't expect that to change any time soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't mind the ten game yardstick - didn't they do this last year?  You can play really well for a game or two and still go 0-2, and you can certainly back into 2-0 playing lousy hockey in front of a good goalie or playing weak teams.  Over 10 games, though, you should be able to see a trend.  So the trend for the Bruins for the first 10 was pretty clearly that they seemed to have most of the effort but not the focus most nights, and that's a formula to lose close games but talk about 'puck luck.'

13.5 of 20 is ambitious when you consider the Caps were at 65% if you look at points and 58.5% if you only look at wins.  13.5/20 means playing .700 hockey for 30 of every 40 games.  Winning 7 of every 10?  Tough.  6-1-3?  That sounds more likely, but it's a razor thin wire.  They'll need a hot streak to offset this past cold streak.  If they get it, 43 or 44 wins is still doable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Bruins go 6-4 the rest of the way?:
    In Response to Can the Bruins go 6-4 the rest of the way? : Past history shows that just getting into the playoffs is far from good enough.  Home ice during the Conference playoffs is almost a must.  A good poster on here has noted that seeds 6,7 and 8 have never won a cup in the history of the league.  I don't expect that to change any time soon.
    Posted by hangnail

All I can say is that this Bruins team has defied history both good and bad the last two years in the playoffs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

A healthy squad is still the key...

Sections
Shortcuts