Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron?

As soon as it happened I said to a buddy...."there goes the Cup"

Now over 24 hours later...I honestly think they can still win the thing.  Add Seguin to the 4th line and everyone moves up a slot.  The trade deadline moves appear to be coming in handy (Kelly and Peverly specifically).

Can they still win the Cup or am I dreaming in 3D?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron?

They won't get to the Finals without Bergeron

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brentsmith. Show brentsmith's posts

cursed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm glad they are playing TB rather than the Caps.  They match up well with them.  Why is everyone so scared?

If someone had told us on April 1st that the B's would be playing the Bolts in the ECF, we all would have been ecstatic.  CJ will figure it out and the team will step up for each other.  They will advance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Yes they can. But having Bergeron back would sure help with my blood pressure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

At this point, anybody can win. I am expecting big things from Seguin and Marchand together on a line

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

We all know the answer - it's no.  But the question is can Bergeron be back on the ice in about 2 weeks.  For about Game 4?  That's the BEST CASE scenario.  Let's hope.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickfromeastham. Show dickfromeastham's posts

Guy's are going to have to step up . Ya lets hope he comes back
    because  ,,2 goals 10 assits in 11 games, not to mention
     his defence  and faceoff percentage.is a huge void to fill

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

id say its more likely that the bruins make the finals without begeron, but winning the cup without begereon is a longshot. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron?:
    id say its more likely that the bruins make the finals without begeron, but winning the cup without begereon is a longshot. 
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09

Agree with this. Let's not forget that Boston's defence has been outstanding. Guys like Seids, Boychuck and Ference have really stepped up their game. Chara's getting better every game. Even Kaberle has shown flashes the last 3 games or so. After all that....Tim Thomas.

Up front, Begeron will be sorely missed. No question. But if the Bs play it right, the drop off will be betwene Bergeron and Peverly on the 2nd line (not so huge it's a liability), and Seguin and Peverly on the 3rd line (again, not a massive "oh my" dropoff).

It's not ideal, but Pevs/Kelly/Campbell can step in admirably. Bs can still take the series in 6 or 7 w/o Patrice. I don't think they can take the Caup w/o him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lets hope he comes back and is ok. If he comes back will he pick up right where he left off? Too bad he was really starting to get people to notice his play, absolute dominance in the face off circle, the most underrated stat in hockey. I can't see them beating Tampa unless he is 100% and only misses a game or two. Lets hope Nashville and Detroit continue to win to give him more time to rest and limit the amount of games missed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

the bruins can definitely win the cup w/o bergy, though it's going to be much, much more difficult. asmaha is bang on with the drop off in Bergeron-->Peverly and Peverly--> Seguin. i also think CJ could afford to up the minutes of Campbell and/or Paille to help minimize the impact of bergeron's absence. there's also the not unreasonable proposition that a rested and eager Seguin puts in some good performances.

however, let's hope the concussion really is minor and that he can be back in action as soon as saturday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

if bergeron is out for any games in the tampa series lines will be:

horton-krejci-lucic
    recchi-seguin-marchand
    peverly-kelly-ryder
    thornton-campbell-paille

defense the same and thomas

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins can absolutely win without Bergeron.  But they are significantly better with him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Why is everyone so scared?"

Because it's easier to doubt than too really look at the actual matchup line by line right to the goalies and coaching. I don't think Tampa played really good teams so far. Good teams yes really good or great teams No!

It's been brought up that the Lightnings 3rd line has been great but look at the defensive pairings and opposing lines they played against ? Not impressed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

brentsmith.....SHUT UP

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Tampa just disposed of the #1 seed in 4 games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No.

I do think we can beat Tampa though it will be much tougher now.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

They will beat TB ....Seguin will win a full time job ...Bergy will be back for the Final ...I dont know yet who will have to sit in the Final ..but it wont be Seguin believe me ...Fans are going to discovered what Seguin is capable of ...and of course the Bruins will win the 1st of 3 Stanley Cups in a row

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

The question is who takes Bergerons spot?? Peverly or Kelly?? Do we put Seguin in his spot?? Bergeron has been our best faceoff player. Now what?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

I say Kelly takes his spot since he seems to be the most similar in terms of his all around game. Minus the overall offensive ability of couse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Can they? Yes.  But, it sure would make the path a lot easier with our best overall player.  We are gonna struggle for sure.  We need a healthy team to win it all.  Bergie will have a target as well as soon as he comes back.  Look at how the Rangers ran Green.  Survival of the fittest. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I think they still can get it done vs Tampa but they would need him if they reach the final!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

Doubtful.   Tough to lose one of the best two way centers in the game and compete against the Western Conference teams.

It will be interesting to see how well Kelly fills that role (he's been a huge playoff surprise so far).

Sections
Shortcuts