Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron?

It's called adversity and how you deal with it says alot about your team.  We don't know at this point how long Bergeron will be out or how he might be impacted when he returns.  

Now it is on the rest of the B's players to pick-up the slack for their fallen teammate, just like championship teams do.  Bergeron has been the playoff MVP thus far, and he will be missed, but there is still a ton of talent and will in that locker-room to get it done. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron?:
    [QUOTE]if bergeron is out for any games in the tampa series lines will be: horton-krejci-lucic recchi-seguin-marchand peverly-kelly-ryder thornton-campbell-paille defense the same and thomas
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09[/QUOTE]

I don't think Seguin is going to play with Marchand and Recchi.I think Kelly will center that line.Campbell will play with Ryder and Peverly.Seguin will play with Paille and Thornton and the B's will be happy if he can hold his own defensively .It's not his time to shine in an offensive role .At first,.  I didn't think the B's had any hopes of advancing without Begeron but I still see a team with 3 good lines and possibly a 4th line that can contribute[time will tell] We still have the best goalie in the league and great D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]They will beat TB ....Seguin will win a full time job ...Bergy will be back for the Final ...I dont know yet who will have to sit in the Final ..but it wont be Seguin believe me ...Fans are going to discovered what Seguin is capable of ...and of course the Bruins will win the 1st of 3 Stanley Cups in a row Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

My hopes match Stanleys. Would be a great start to the "Seguin Era" wouldnt it?
    Just to be clear, not expecting it to work out, just dreaming it will.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if this team's attitude is now, "we gotta rally for bergy, it's us against the world", it could be a rallying point. i think it will be, they seem very determined. it sucked to not see bergy out there to celebrate that series sweep. if they can get through the bolts, and let patrice rest for a couple weeks before a possible final, that would be the best option in my opinion. DO NOT LET HIM COME BACK TOO EARLY!!!!! let him start fresh next year if he HAS to. as far as new line combos.... i'd bump campbell(he's deserving) up to bergy's spot, and insert seguin on the 4th line for however long needed. keep lines 1 and 3 untouched.      

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

let's not forget the early success soupy had with marchy early on. put them back together, proven chemistry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

not to mention, having not played in weeks, seguins time on ice should be 4th line toi. only makes sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

they can win this is why  PC Made the depth trades  for Center  just incase someone went down its seguin's time to shine after riding the pine  for the first 2 rounds at least put him on thePP he showed what he can do there

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

I hope Seguin is motivated to make an impression. He has the skill to do something. Hopefully his speed will cause the Bolts some problems. We may have 37 back by Game 3. We need to play physical. Glad 54 will be back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I hope Seguin is motivated to make an impression. He has the skill to do something. Hopefully his speed will cause the Bolts some problems. We may have 37 back by Game 3. We need to play physical. Glad 54 will be back.
    Posted by BigChara[/QUOTE]
    Seguin won't be able to breath against Tampas death grip system.  If Ovie"et al" speed didnt bother them why would Seguins. 
    If Bergie is gone two games we must split.  We have home ice and we do have the guys to get it done.  This layoff helps Tampa more than us.  Rolie's old legs get a rest and they could get Gagne and Kubina back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron? : Seguin won't be able to breath against Tampas death grip system.  If Ovie"et al" speed didnt bother them why would Seguins.  If Bergie is gone two games we must split.  We have home ice and we do have the guys to get it done.  This layoff helps Tampa more than us.  Rolie's old legs get a rest and they could get Gagne and Kubina back.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    TT needs his rest also though.TT always plays better when he is fresh,the layoff obviously gives Bergeron time to heal.Considering the circumstances you may be right about the layoff helping Tampa more but the B's obviosly can benefit also.I don't see Seguin being much of a factor in this series,I just hope he can be responsible defensively.His time will come but at this point he is nowhere near ready to have any kind of impact.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron? : Seguin won't be able to breath against Tampas death grip system.  If Ovie"et al" speed didnt bother them why would Seguins.  If Bergie is gone two games we must split.  We have home ice and we do have the guys to get it done.  This layoff helps Tampa more than us.  Rolie's old legs get a rest and they could get Gagne and Kubina back.

Tampa gave up 45 more goals than the Bruins in the regular season. I don't think they have a death grip on anything. And when Lucic, McQuaid, Boychuk, Chara & Horton get done hammering the Lightning senseless, we'll have open ice to find the back of the net. Call me crazy, but I think Bergy is back by game three and the Bruins win in five. It's midnight for the Cinderella Bolts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron? : Tampa gave up 45 more goals than the Bruins in the regular season. I don't think they have a death grip on anything. And when Lucic, McQuaid, Boychuk, Chara & Horton get done hammering the Lightning senseless, we'll have open ice to find the back of the net. Call me crazy, but I think Bergy is back by game three and the Bruins win in five. It's midnight for the Cinderella Bolts.
    Posted by BigChara[/QUOTE]

Regular season where TBay didnt have Rolie for a big chunk and Brewer who is their best dman.  If you don't believe in what Tampa is doing you will find out soon how good their system is.  Special teams is a massive edge to TBay.  Plus TBay has more skilled players up front.  Its hard to pound TBay b/c of this system.  They have a dman back before anyone can get to him.  Add in the loss of our best fwd and we are in trouble.  TT will have to be as good as Rolie.  I know I know what you will say.  But Rolie has been better so far.  My hope is we force their no name defense into mistakes, stay outta the box, our big line has to be huge and Chara will have to be an absolute beast. 
    Its gonna be a fun series.  But this Tampa team is playing for a sick coach, are confdent, can score, great goalie and are really playing their system to perfectioni

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron?:
    [QUOTE]As soon as it happened I said to a buddy...."there goes the Cup" Now over 24 hours later...I honestly think they can still win the thing.  Add Seguin to the 4th line and everyone moves up a slot.  The trade deadline moves appear to be coming in handy (Kelly and Peverly specifically). Can they still win the Cup or am I dreaming in 3D?
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

No.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think they`ll win against Tampa.  Without Bergeron it`ll go 7.
    The cup will be a tough one no matter whom they face.  The West is fast and hard hitting..... although isn`t that what they said about the Flyers...
    The Cup final will be won by the team with a bit of luck , with the least injuries and the team with the better goalie.
    No prediction ,  yet,  let the Bruins win this series and then I`ll put in my final say.
    GO BRUINS !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BsL,8 wins is so close but so far away.  I am gonna play it one game at a time and know we have a very good team.  Even with Bergie this series was gonna go 6-7.  3 players you can't replace.  Bergie/Chara/TT.  Why couldnt it be anyone else.  Why wasnt Thorton getting thumped. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]BsL,8 wins is so close but so far away.  I am gonna play it one game at a time and know we have a very good team.  Even with Bergie this series was gonna go 6-7.  3 players you can't replace.  Bergie/Chara/TT.  Why couldnt it be anyone else.  Why wasnt Thorton getting thumped. 
    It's definitely a blow losing Bergeron but if the 1st line can continue to play like they did against Philadelphia[a big if I know] and the 3rd line can chip in [an even bigger if ] maybe we can get by Tampa. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]BsL,8 wins is so close but so far away.  I am gonna play it one game at a time and know we have a very good team.  Even with Bergie this series was gonna go 6-7.  3 players you can't replace.  Bergie/Chara/TT.  Why couldnt it be anyone else.  Why wasnt Thorton getting thumped. 

Bergeron and Krejci had targets in these playoffs and especially against the Flyers.
    Giroux I like a player, late or not late ,  that`s how he plays.  I`ve seen him play hard against many 1st line centers all season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

getting Bergy back is helped by the wings win in SJ tonight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I wanted the Bs to play Montreal, I was not fearing Philly, Tampa will not be easy, and history can be used to say a goalie can win a series and Cup if so!  Bergeron will not be himself once again, unlike the last two years the Bs have depth.  Peverly is the key!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Krejci's line won't get time and space like the Montreal series, Seguin's speed and skill will be nullified by real pro's (his hockey sense and IQ will need to shine) and Gagne will be back in the lineup for Tampa Bay.

This series could be over quick.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

ipot, your giving no credit to a Lightning team that beat 2 of the best teams in the east.  Have you seen them play lately?  And they're getting Gagne back..  A Bear killer.

Losing Bergeron was worst case scenario.  This team is in trouble.  You really think Kelly or Pev's can fill Bergy's shoes?  We saw what happens when Chara is out for a game.  Bergy's out for several, maybe the series.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Can we win it all without bergy? Sure but will be much harder. Thomas is good enough alone to get hot and win eight more games. If anything if Bergy is out it makes the bruins play desperate and with ergency knowing they need to pick up te slack without him. Would be great to see seguin step in and score PC says he has been working very hard in practice even though he hasn't suited up for games for a while. Hope Tyler can add some offense because there is no way he alone can make up for the loss of bergy on faceofffs, and the PK.