Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron?

In Response to Re: Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron?:
    [QUOTE]1. The VERY shorthanded Penguins pushed the Lightning to 7 games.   2. The Bruins are NOT the Capitals.  
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Counter
    1. The very shorthanded Habs took us to game 7 OT
    2. The TBay are not Philly.

We played a Hab team minus its two best defenders.  Not as substancial as Pitts loses but they did have 100+ pts and were a much better team than Montreal.
    Philly was minus its best goal scorer and top Dman and had minor league goaltending.  The Caps were minus a few players as well but not as significant as Pronger and Carter.

The Bruins and TBay path are very similar.  You wanna write TBay off?  They have better pure skill up front and at the moment I would say they have a deeper set of fwds(also getting Gagne back).  They have the best special teams in the playoffs.  Their goalie is out performing ours at the moment.  We have Z which gives us an edge on D, but Brewer and M.O. are a good shut down pair.  Goaltending at the moment is a draw based on playoffs only. 

Its gonna be a very close series. If we have anyone go in a shell(ie Lucic) we are in deep doggie doo-doo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Assuming that he won't be back at any time in the 2011 playoffs (the worst case scenario)......

The Bruins can win the Cup without Bergeron. One guy doesn't make your team (especially if it's not the goaltender).

That said, Bergeron is perhaps the most important skater on the team; other than Chara, I don't know who else would even be in that conversation. His loss will be felt.

But to count the Bruins out if he isn't able to return? I guess I don't see why this is a signed, sealed, and delivered Kiss of Death.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

No knock on Bergie, but I think he's 3rd on the list of players that the B's can't afford to lose.  TT would be first, and Chara a close 2nd .  The team doesn't have the depth to cover the loss of either of these two. 

Replacing Bergie will be difficult, but having the 2nd overall pick from last year's draft ready to jump in surely is an advantage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]Replacing Bergie will be difficult, but having the 2nd overall pick from last year's draft ready to jump in surely is an advantage.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Was that said with tongue in cheek?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron? : Was that said with tongue in cheek?
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Good point!  I'm definitely not implying that Seguin will come in and take Bergies 2nd line spot.  But with the depth they have in Kelly, Peverly and Campbell, they have options to fill the void that other teams don't have.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

No.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Absolutely not.  producing points, winning draws, killing penalties,...causes everyone to move up a notch and they dont have the depth to replace him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Absolutely not.  producing points, winning draws, killing penalties,...causes everyone to move up a notch and they dont have the depth to replace him.
    Posted by tremha[/QUOTE]

Oh, brother

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Its will cause players to perform above their heads.  We have some depth.  I simply move Peverly up a notch and use Campy with Kelly and Ryder.  Seguin comes in to play with Thorton and Paille. 
    Tampa isn't the Harlem Globetrotters, they can be beat.  We just need all hands on deck. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

RWTK,

if we want honesty I personally don't think they can get buy without Bergie either.  I believe we have a few huge aspects in our favor.  Home ice/TT/Chara.
    Problem with all of them is that home ice is only good if you are winning.  TT has been matched by Rolie.  TT is gonna have to steal games. Chara is not matched in this series but I don't like his matchup with St. Louis.  And Vinny is a very big man who is not affraid of our giant(he took a pounding from him before). 

Our wild card is this. Tampa is so in love with their trap system that we will or should be in everygame.  Scoring 1st is very important.  So the same system they live and die by could be their demise. 

But if you are asking for a pure hockey answer I would say Tampa wins in 6 games minus Bergie.  Thats why I am so bummed out.  Without Bergie we wouldnt have beat Montreal.  He was there when our big line was sleeping.  Hopefully our big line returns the favor this round.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Rolie will get tired if it goes 7 games, throw in some OT. I say Bruins do it. I'm more scared of the Sharks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Rolie won't get tired.  Dude has iron lungs and has to be a complete physical beast at his age to play the way he does.  He has made a similar run like this with the Oilers.  We have to get bodies in front of him all series long. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bsfan67. Show Bsfan67's posts

Very doubtful.  You don't take one of the top players from the team and not feel the impact.  He had excellent point totals and is their best 2-way player, face-off guy, etc.  You could line him up againt other teams top players.

No offense to Kelly, Peverly, etc but you don't just plug and play and move guys up.  Kelly isn't Bergeron.  Plus the line chemistry now changes and that doesn't happen overnight.

Possible to win without him, sure.  But less likely.  Kelly and/or Seguin would need to come up big to fill those skates!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]Its will cause players to perform above their heads.  We have some depth.  I simply move Peverly up a notch and use Campy with Kelly and Ryder.  Seguin comes in to play with Thorton and Paille.  Tampa isn't the Harlem Globetrotters, they can be beat.  We just need all hands on deck. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]Initially, I felt the same ,that is Seguin should play with Paille and Thornton but I don't think that would be a strong enough line.Of course Campbell is skilled enough to play on lines 2 or 3 but I would leave him on the 4th line as he really is holding that line together. I would put Kelly with Marchand and Recchi and Peverly plays with Ryder and Seguin ..Not the ideal scenario but not much you can do with Bergeron gone. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

RWTK,

TBay isnt the same team.  a. Rolie was picked up. b. Brewer is their best dman.
    Washington is a defensive style team. They changed their team system after numerous blow outs by the Rangers.  They changed their system overnight.  Washington is also a faster and bigger team than Boston.  Although they didnt hit anyone.  To beat that system they better be creative.  They need their defense to be active.  Now that they have played a few teams they obviously have video up the wazoo. 
    Don't under-estimate a team that has Vinny/St. Louis/Stampkos/and Bruin killer Gagne.  They are very solid. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I Yes they can still win. Chara and TT are the main two and the B,s have lots of depthn Response to Can the Bruins win the Cup without Bergeron?:
    [QUOTE]As soon as it happened I said to a buddy...."there goes the Cup" Now over 24 hours later...I honestly think they can still win the thing.  Add Seguin to the 4th line and everyone moves up a slot.  The trade deadline moves appear to be coming in handy (Kelly and Peverly specifically). Can they still win the Cup or am I dreaming in 3D?
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts