Can we agree to just be a hockey board again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Can we agree to just be a hockey board again

I'm as much a participant and culprit as anyone else in this, but in the last day there have been posts and discussions about the abuse of police authority, Nazis, health care,  insurance coverage, separation of church and state, civic disobedience and violence, Mark Twain, Martin Niemoller, the proper context and invocation of poetry, what constitutes burning a city, what constitutes being nuts, and the education of posters.

I'd rather, oddly enough, talk about hockey - even that 6-0 disaster from tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Can we agree to just be a hockey board again

In Response to Can we agree to just be a hockey board again:
    [QUOTE]I'm as much a participant and culprit as anyone else in this, but in the last day there have been posts and discussions about the abuse of police authority, Nazis, health care,  insurance coverage, separation of church and state, civic disobedience and violence, Mark Twain, Martin Niemoller, the proper context and invocation of poetry, what constitutes burning a city, what constitutes being nuts, and the education of posters. I'd rather, oddly enough, talk about hockey - even that 6-0 disaster from tonight.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Same here Red. I can't wait til the next Sabres game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I hope someone on the bruins does something similar to Patrick kaleta llike Chara did to Max Pax last season and I wouldn't feel bad if that punk  kaleta never got up either. Yea honestly I mean every word of that. What a total punk nothing but a little fraud. As Grapes likes to say he will get his just wait and see. The way the sabres acted you would have thought they were a top 8 team in the standings. Still can't get over Kaleta never saw such a turtle act like such a tough guy after he is safely away from McQuaid. It was an ugly loss but its a loss weather by one goal or 6. Hope this is the slap in the face that really gets the bruins going. I have a feeling Kaleta is going to get his.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

What Thomas is doing/saying is a hockey issue. And everything around it relates.

If I am a Coach and/or a GM, the most troubling thing about Thomas - from a hockey perspective - is that he sounds like a guy who thinks he's...'there', that he's accomplished all he needs to. And in many ways he has.

Could it be that hockey just isn't enough for him anymore?  That he's already begun his post-hockey career?

What the latest tells us is that these 'missives from Mount Thomas' are probably not going to stop. And that the Bruins are going to have to manage the level of distraction this causes for Thomas and for the team.

I'm sure there will be a discussion happening this morning between Chiarelli and Thomas that begins with; 'Timmy. Really?'

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Hahaha!  All agree? Red, if you can find a way to get everyone to agree on something, anything, please let me know.  I will patent it and make millions.

In Response to Can we agree to just be a hockey board again:
    [QUOTE]I'm as much a participant and culprit as anyone else in this, but in the last day there have been posts and discussions about the abuse of police authority, Nazis, health care,  insurance coverage, separation of church and state, civic disobedience and violence, Mark Twain, Martin Niemoller, the proper context and invocation of poetry, what constitutes burning a city, what constitutes being nuts, and the education of posters. I'd rather, oddly enough, talk about hockey - even that 6-0 disaster from tonight.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

good idea Red, but as you see the trolls abound and jump in even on this idea.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

bump

someone has a vendetta with Thomas.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"someone has a vendetta with Thomas."

Who? Why?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'm all for it! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Can we agree to just be a hockey board again:
    [QUOTE]"someone has a vendetta with Thomas." Who? Why?
    Posted by gord11[/QUOTE]

I think you can figure it out on this board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

No. I can't.

Who here has a vendetta against Tim Thomas?

And remember, the term, 'vendetta' usually refers to a campaign of revenge against someone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Hahaha!  All agree? Red, if you can find a way to get everyone to agree on something, anything, please let me know.  I will patent it and make millions. In Response to Can we agree to just be a hockey board again :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

One can dream Cam.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]No. I can't. Who here has a vendetta against Tim Thomas? And remember, the term, 'vendetta' usually refers to a campaign of revenge against someone.
    Posted by gord11[/QUOTE]

I see you're taking this literally.  The more we go back and forth the more Reds wishes are not met.  I'm not going to continue this conversation when it has nothing to do with discussing hockey.
    For the record I'm not pointing fingers at you.
    The end.

Sections
Shortcuts