Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs?

Krejci has a good value ..he is still a good player perfect timing for a trade ...

Good Luck with your new team David ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

"still" a good player? He's 25. He will "still" be a good player a decade from now. There is no reason to move him.

In Response to Re: Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]Krejci has a good value ..he is still a good player perfect timing for a trade ... Good Luck with your new team David ! ! ! Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

He plays with frickn Lucic, what do you expect? How about a real first line player?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Get Krejci some bonified all star talent, he will get 70-80 assists in a season. TRUST ME

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs? : Just this.   He makes 5m too, ya know.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Bouncing puck wouldn't settle down for him. The photo shows it just off the heel.(blade)) Very unfortunate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs? : Bouncing puck wouldn't settle down for him. The photo shows it just off the heel.(blade)) Very unfortunate.
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]
    Agree 100% Watch. We're also talking about a guy who was playing through such pain that he couldn't take draws let alone be as strong on a puck in the slot as he would've liked to be. Calling out Bergeron of all people is a farce.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Although Krejci did lead the B's (I hate saying "the league" when there was only one other team that played as many games) in scoring in the playoffs last year, did anyone else feel that, other than his beautiful pass to Horton and his OT winner in game 2 vs. Philly, that a lot of his points were kind of "garbage time" points last year? When I reflect on it, it felt as though Marchand was the one getting it done in tight games, and that more of his points were at times when the team NEEDED it, whether it was a tie game or the game needed to be blown wide open. Krejci just seemed to have goals in high scoring games.

I'm not saying "Trade Krejci" by any means, as I do still feel that he's the Bruins best playmaker (until Seguin proves me otherwise), but the "He steps his game up big in the playoffs" argument wears thin when you look at the timing of his points.

His lack of shot does make it hard to put him on a wing and Seguin down the middle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Folks, wasn't trying to point to Krejci as the reason the B's lost.  Rather, just trying to dispel the myth that you can look past his regular season inconsistency because he is such a big-time playoff performer. 

I like Krejci, just not sure he will ever be a true #1 center and not sure that production/performance is worth $5.25M over the next 3 years.  Maybe he was hurt, maybe better linemates would lead to higher production, but...

He had 62 points this year.  1 less than Mike Ribiero, 1 more than Olli Jokinen and 2 more than David Desharnais.  Know how many points he had last year?  He had 62 and 52 the year before that.  He has played 377 regular season games and another 59 in the playoffs.  He will be 26 on Saturday.  Just don't think it gets better production-wise from here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Folks, wasn't trying to point to Krejci as the reason the B's lost.  Rather, just trying to dispel the myth that you can look past his regular season inconsistency because he is such a big-time playoff performer.  I like Krejci, just not sure he will ever be a true #1 center and not sure that production/performance is worth $5.25M over the next 3 years.  Maybe he was hurt, maybe better linemates would lead to higher production, but... He had 62 points this year.  1 less than Mike Ribiero, 1 more than Olli Jokinen and 2 more than David Desharnais.  Know how many points he had last year?  He had 62 and 52 the year before that.  He has played 377 regular season games and another 59 in the playoffs.  He will be 26 on Saturday.  Just don't think it gets better production-wise from here.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Hard to say really Crowls. Lots of players are just starting to hit their prime at Krejci's age. I'd like to think he hasn't seen his career year in points yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I don't think anyone in their right minds thinks that Krejci is an ELITE #1 centerman, but he is a #1.

But that's what make the Bruins who they are....they have TWO #1 centermen....they are a team built on depth, and not superstars.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think anyone in their right minds thinks that Krejci is an ELITE #1 centerman, but he is a #1. But that's what make the Bruins who they are....they have TWO #1 centermen....they are a team built on depth, and not superstars.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

A bit of semantics, but you could also argue that they have two #2 centers.  Seguin has a chance to be special and an elite #1 center.  Bergeron is an elite 3-zone player, one of the best in the league, but is probably better suited for a 2nd-line role.  Just my opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Can we all agree that Krejci does not always come up big in the playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]Scoring line: 7gp 1-2-3 +/-: Even FO%: 44.3% Just as he was a ghost in the first round against Mtl last year, DK was pretty much a no show for this series.  $5M player?  Not with a performance like this.  I guess 62 regular season points is worth a heck of alot more than it used to be.  Sorry for the DK call out thread, he is not alone in how disappointing his play was in the series.  The point is that he was brutally inconsistent during the regular season and that carried over into the first round. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]DK is an inconsistent player. If his game was consistently what his hot streaks are he wouldn't be a $5M player. He was a non factor.

It may just be me but the fact that Lucic and Marchand played out of the system and their roles for a number of games, made stupid turnovers and committed dumb penalties bugged me more than the hot and cold DK going cold for a 7 game patch. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sometimes he flies down the ice and looks awesome and unstoppable.

The other 90% of the time, he's above average at best.  I don't like him as a first line center.  I hope to see Seguin between Lucic and (Horton or someone else) next season.  Krejci would look great in another uniform.  Bergeron/Marchand/? on the second line and keep Kelly for the third.

Let's go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]Get Krejci some bonified all star talent, he will get 70-80 assists in a season. TRUST ME
    Posted by BostonBruinss[/QUOTE]

All-star centers, make their wingers, better. I just don't see that from Krejci.
    His lack of production, during regular seasons, could result in the Bruins, missing the playoffs alltogether, in the future.
    This team really hadn't played well since Christmas, and only got into the playoffs, because of their November record.
    Chiarelli knows this, and even though he is saying all the right things now, I would be shocked, if Krejci is a Bruin, at the beginning of next season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]Krejci has a good value ..he is still a good player perfect timing for a trade ... Good Luck with your new team David ! ! ! Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Never...Not going to happen....He's too young and too talented.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Time for PC to trade the TinMan...expiry date has passed.. Never been a big fan.. No questioning his talent, but sorely lacking in heart...whispers out of Chicago is that they are unhappy with Patrick Kane ... Just the scorer this team badly needs..PC should swing for this...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Krejci is a second line center who is a number one center out of the fact Savard has PCS.  I am not convinced Savard was a number one center either.  The team has centers in the system.  The third and fourth line centers are seeking bigger contracts.  Logic prevails here, if the offer is good for Krejci then trade and look at centers in the system, and sign one of the centers looking for a bigger contract.  Now all of this is jibberish.  Until Seguin is ready, stay the course PC.  Krejci serves a purpose, the means justify the ends.