Can we all finally agree that PC is a fantastic GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Can we all finally agree that PC is a fantastic GM

not just good...but fantastic. Peverley and Kelly were amazing pick ups and i don't think kaberle is as bad as many have made him out to be. He is responsible for re-signing Krejci and Lucic to cap friendly deals...acquiring horton...re-signing bergeron, bringing in recchi and re-signing him twice...bringing in kelly and ryder, trading to draft seguin. he brought in thornton, paille, and campbell as well as trading for kaberle seids, boychuk, mcquaid, ference, and signing chara. This is his team and his team is really really good

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Can we all finally agree that PC is a fantastic GM

In Response to Can we all finally agree that PC is a fantastic GM:
    [QUOTE]not just good...but fantastic. Peverley and Kelly were amazing pick ups and i don't think kaberle is as bad as many have made him out to be. He is responsible for re-signing Krejci and Lucic to cap friendly deals...acquiring horton...re-signing bergeron, bringing in recchi and re-signing him twice...bringing in kelly and ryder, trading to draft seguin. he brought in thornton, paille, and campbell as well as trading for kaberle seids, boychuk, mcquaid, ference, and signing chara. This is his team and his team is really really good
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]
    Dauber, I'm not contributing much to the thread when I tell you that I've never thought otherwise. PC took a team in shambles to what we see now in a relatively short time. Having another solid pick in this year's draft should help solidify this team's depth for the near future and beyond. I mean, realistically, shouldn't the Bruins be even better next year?

GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Can we all finally agree that PC is a fantastic GM:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Can we all finally agree that PC is a fantastic GM : Dauber, I'm not contributing much to the thread when I tell you that I've never thought otherwise. PC took a team in shambles to what we see now in a relatively short time. Having another solid pick in this year's draft should help solidify this team's depth for the near future and beyond. I mean, realistically, shouldn't the Bruins be even better next year?     GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  Ditto.  Ditto.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Mcquaid for a nothing 5th round pick.
    Boychuk straight up for Matt Hendricks
    Kampfer for a conditional 4th rounder.

These under the radar deals were absolute steals.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Mcquaid for a nothing 5th round pick. Boychuk straight up for Matt Hendricks Kampfer for a conditional 4th rounder. These under the radar deals were absolute steals.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]
    Mcquaid has been an absolute gem! a real beauty !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Anyone remember who they gave up to get Peverley? Or Horton?  And how did they get Seguin again?

Who?  I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with those names.  I guess I just haven't heard them in a long time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Incidentally, that nothing 5th round pick?  Columbus dealt it to Dallas who used it to draft Jamie Benn - 22-34-56 for the Stars last year as a sophomore.

So the only team to get skrewged in that deal was Columbus who ended up with the great Maksim Mayorov instead of McQuaid or Benn.  Go Jackets!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cutthroat. Show cutthroat's posts

Couldn't agree more.  PC took a team that couldn't even sniff the playoffs and completly turned it around.  I've been a defender of PC and CJ all season long.  Even if they don't feel vindicated, I certainly do.  Let's win this in 6 so we can see Chara lift the cup at home!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I will personally offer to mow Chiarelli's lawn for eternity if he finds a way to swap the #9 with Edmonton's #1 and pick up Adam Larsson. The pick is on the market, so why not?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

No, no, no guys.

We should have got Ray Shero but Jacobs was too cheap. 

Thomas was overpaid and the contract was too long.

Lucic was overpaid.

He gave away Versteeg and now Colbourne.

He still hasn't brought in a real sniper.

Bergeron is a glorified 3rd line center.

Honestly I can't even pretend to not like PC, but there have been alot of stupid arguments over the past two years.  When we signed Thomas, I thought we got him for 1 mil/year cheaper then he would have got in FA, but to come on this board last year and say so, simply made you a pom-pom waving fool.  It is for these reasons that over the past 6 months I have really embraced the term, because I really don't think it makes a person a better fan to sit around complaining about everything which isn't perfect on a day to day basis.  The overall trend of this club has been heading in this direction ever since PC got here and even more so since he replaced Lewis with CJ the other ragdoll around town.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Some of us like Shupe and NAS have been Chiarelli supporters all year, often against a horde of naysayers, like" He paid timmy too much"; "wish we had not traded  XXX and XXX"; "Kelly's another 4th liner"; Too many to count, but NOW Chiarelli is an "outstanding" GM, not the same Chiarelli some thought would be gone along with Claude. In my book, Claude still has lots of warts, but he has earned the right to return next season. It's wishful thinking, but all of the assistants should be replaced with better quality and fewer "yassuh Claude". Hope REX retires; Slyder is not signed; Boychuck is traded for a "smart" defenseman; Thornton ends up in Providence[ great guy,BUT ?] after training camp; Maybe even see Timmy traded[ outright blasphemy] and Tuuka/plus in goal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Can we all finally agree that PC is a fantastic GM:[QUOTE]I will personally offer to mow Chiarelli's lawn for eternity if he finds a way to swap the #9 with Edmonton's #1 and pick up Adam Larsson. The pick is on the market, so why not? Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Link Asmaha ? and that smells like another fun thread "What would you give up other than the #9 pick if your PC ?"

"I'm not contributing much to the thread when I tell you that I've never thought otherwise."

Agreed Dez no need to dig up the all the negative PC haters now bandwagoneers who love PC now...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

If they don't win 2 more games, he'll be a bum. Claude too.

It's like the guy who came here to call Z a huge overpaid pylon after game 2.
    You can't stop the idiots, they just won't ever be quiet.

Worst thing is, if the B's do pull this off, they'll all be in the front row of the parade screaming about how they called it and kept the faith all along.

Luckily, most of us here know who's who.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we all finally agree that PC is a fantastic GM : Pitt did pay Shero more, hence why the took the job. Just saying.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I think all of the arguments I made were used aganst PC at some point and believed to be true.  Calling Lucic overpaid and an emotional decision was all the rage last year when he was playing through injuries.  I mean so many things which are said in sports are broad brushed rock solid statements based on way too small a sample size, without any real knowledge of the information necesary to make an educated comment. 

For example, Game 1 winners win 78% of the time in the stanley cup.  I almost guarantee game 2 winners win at a similar pace and Game 3 and 4 winners at only a slightly different pace.  First of all the 'better' team is supposed to have home ice advantage, therefore if things happen properly the better team should have home ice advantage in game 1.   Second of all many times in a championship series or games it is not evenly matched so the winner wins in 4 or 5, well then they are winning, 80 or 100% of the games anyways.  Anyways I am way off on a tangent of things that have been bothering so I will just ask all those citing the winners of the first game stat to give me an uppdate on the same stat, winners of the first game when the other team has tied the series after 4.  My guess no more lopsided then 60/40.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we all finally agree that PC is a fantastic GM : Pitt did pay Shero more, hence why the took the job. Just saying.

Frankly, I'm glad they did over pay for Shero; he's done a fantastic job for the Pens, but if your stable starts with Crosby, Malkin and Flurry, it's a lot easier to do a good job. 

Look at what has happened to Ottaw since Chia left there and what has happened in Boston. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we all finally agree that PC is a fantastic GM : Link Asmaha ? and that smells like another fun thread "What would you give up other than the #9 pick if your PC ?" "I'm not contributing much to the thread when I tell you that I've never thought otherwise." Agreed Dez no need to dig up the all the negative PC haters now bandwagoneers who love PC now...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

It's all just guesswork...this type of stuff comes up all the time. I was just having fun with it. Here's the story:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368297

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Can we all finally agree that PC is a fantastic GM:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we all finally agree that PC is a fantastic GM : It's all just guesswork...this type of stuff somes up all the time. I was just having fun with it. Here's the story: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368297 Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Tambellini is pretty aggressive I could see him dealing the pick especially if he stays in the top ten.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Ive been a PC supporter since day one.  The ONLY thing Ive complained SLIGHTLY about at time, is Claude.  I didnt think he had it in him to get his guys this far. 

As far as Pete goes, Ive been a supporter since day one and cant remember saying one bad thing about him.  After the clowns we had here for so long, he has been a complete breath of fresh air and made some STELLAR deals.  He has been fantastic and completely turned this team around.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]I will personally offer to mow Chiarelli's lawn for eternity if he finds a way to swap the #9 with Edmonton's #1 and pick up Adam Larsson. The pick is on the market, so why not?
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    They're not gonna take Larsson. I think RNH is a lock to go #1. Agreed on Larsson, though. I think he can slip to #3 or #4, so perhaps. But, I'd be content with Beaulieu or Hamilton at #9.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

PC is a better GM than Shero...oh and btw, your little theory of "if the Bs win the cup hes proven himself a top notch GM" nope, hes already done that 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]I will personally offer to mow Chiarelli's lawn for eternity if he finds a way to swap the #9 with Edmonton's #1 and pick up Adam Larsson. The pick is on the market, so why not?
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I'll do the trimming and sweeping up if he makes that deal. I was so impressed with Larrson at the WJC. But what to give up to get him. #9 pick and ???? - They need established front liners to give them a chance to get into the playoffs. Are you going to give up any of these: Krejci, Lucic, Bergeron, Seguin???? Or Boychuk, Kempfer, Seindenburg??? I don't know what could be done. I could see a smaller move to get up to 5th or something, and if Larrson dropped down a few places, maybe the deal could be made. Still can't get over Anahiem getting Cam Fowler. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

[QUOTE]I think Chia and Clowde have done a nice job sticking and believing in a plan and getting the players to execute. If they win this thing, yes, he'd have proven to be a top notch GM.

HUBBY YOU WERE'NT SAYING THAT LAST YEAR YOU WANTED HIM TO BE FIRED ALONG WITH THAT HANDSOME HEAD COACH..I DON'T REMEMBER HIS NAME..NEVER MIND...YOU'LL TELL ME LATER

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

perry: I would move kampfer or boychuk in a second. I think a more realistic scenario is a 3 way deal. Its the only way it could work.

Sections
Shortcuts