Can we get and do we want Mike Green?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Can we get and do we want Mike Green?

i've heard bad things.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: Can we get and do we want Mike Green?:
    In Response to Re: Can we get and do we want Mike Green? : That was my thought process also. An interesting scenario would be if the Bruins are on the clock at the draft, the best player available is Ryan Murphy, and George McPhee calls up offering Green for the pick plus something. Would you do it and who would you be willing to give up?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

I wouldn't give up a first rounder for green. This is a guy who is so bad defensively that he got BENCHED in the playoffs last year. He was leading all d men in points last season and didn't make team canada. He is not good. He is part of the problem in washington....next

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No and no.

Can 'we' get him?  Yeah, well, anything's possible.  If George McFly decides he wants to make some significant changes, he might make a loony deal like Green for McQuaid and next year's first.  Saves him a ton of cap space, makes his team tougher, and adds a pick.  Jeez, it almost sounds like I think it could happen!  If you're talking about an open market, though, someone else with a greater need for a big ticket offensive defenseman will outbid any offer Boston should so much as consider making.

Wanting him?  He'd be Wideman.  High risk for high reward, which isn't really what this team is about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ahh Book usually spot on but along the blueline "it's electric" dance like Wides ? mmm not so sure on fro hawk Mike he's got talent that could be harnessed at his age. Along with stay at homes Seides, Ference and Z is quite the difference depending on the cost I'd take the chance...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If he was here, he'd get the Wideman treatment.  Would he spontaneously and spectacularly fall all over the place?  Probably not.  But his attempts to push the offense from the blueline would create more turnovers than goals - there's no Ovechkin here to finish the other end of those passes.  Maybe Seguin is time....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Eh the cost would be too high anyway Chiarelli will give Kampfer every chance to get into the 50s point wise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Can we get him? Yes.

Do we want him? Not really.

Did the Canadian Olympic Team want him? No.

I would take a flyer on him if McPhee wanted less than face value.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Can we get and do we want Mike Green? : I wouldn't give up a first rounder for green. This is a guy who is so bad defensively that he got BENCHED in the playoffs last year. He was leading all d men in points last season and didn't make team canada. He is not good. He is part of the problem in washington....next
    Posted by thedauber1

That was the same year that the #1 seeded Caps lost in the first round.  Not the best example.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

How about going after that guy Mark Stuart with Atl?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

IMO, the problem in washington is coaching. I'd love to see mike green here with a coaching staff that knows defense. He's hugely talented.

However, he will be too costly, and I'm happy with our current defense

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: Can we get and do we want Mike Green? : That was the same year that the #1 seeded Caps lost in the first round.  Not the best example.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

he was a number one d man for a 1st seeded team that got upset in the first round. he was so bad that he got benched. he was part of the reason (a big part) of why they were upset...how is that a bad example?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

how bout UFA Bieska from the Canucks?  love to see him in the black & gold!  tighten up the D so the young kids can develope & carry alittle more offense from up front   Ryder & Recchi $$$$ should get him, then let Caron & maybe Spooner replace them  Speed up front & tough defensive Dman  But any who, lets go out & smoke Tampa first!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pucman- I said this last year and no one wanted anything to do with him.  I love Bieksa.

In re: Green.  Yes he is one dimensional, but I thought he competed hard in this yrs playoffs.  He is still pretty young in terms of dmen.  He is likely the best offensively gifted dman in the league and he does hit some.  If paired with a good solid stay at home dman he would be a very nice find.  You can never have enough fleet footed dmen who can turn the puck up quickly and skate. 

It would really depend on what Washington wanted and I personally don't think we are a match.  The Caps need a change or two.  They still have some excellent pieces and some very good young goalies.  They have lots of chips to make a massive trade. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Can we get and do we want Mike Green? : he was a number one d man for a 1st seeded team that got upset in the first round. he was so bad that he got benched. he was part of the reason (a big part) of why they were upset...how is that a bad example?
    Posted by thedauber1

I must be missing something here.  I will fully admit that I'm not a Caps historian, so I don't specifically remember Green getting benched.  I'd like to learn more about it, but I don't know which game it was.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471242&season=20092010&view=log

Can you tell me which one?  He played 22+ minutes in each.

Thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I don't remember him getting benched either.  He played  a lot vs the habs.  His defense was very shakey in that series but I do think he learned a lot this year.  He is too talented to be rated as poorly as many have on this site.  Was he not a runner up for the Norris  last year. Has he not put up back to back 70 pt season.  No matter how you cut it he is a skilled player. he would have lead our team in scoring the past couple of season by a lot with those numbers.

I think his overall game will come.  Like I said, he isnt shy to get his nose dirty like a lot of pure offensive dmen.  He has age on his side to learn to position in his own end.  You can't teach the skill to move like he has. 

People on here comparing MA Bergeron?  Come on. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I don't remember him getting benched either.  He played  a lot vs the habs.  His defense was very shakey in that series but I do think he learned a lot this year.  He is too talented to be rated as poorly as many have on this site.  Was he not a runner up for the Norris  last year. Has he not put up back to back 70 pt season.  No matter how you cut it he is a skilled player. he would have lead our team in scoring the past couple of season by a lot with those numbers. I think his overall game will come.  Like I said, he isnt shy to get his nose dirty like a lot of pure offensive dmen.  He has age on his side to learn to position in his own end.  You can't teach the skill to move like he has.  People on here comparing MA Bergeron?  Come on. 
    Posted by shuperman

Not to mention he was the first Dman in a generation to score 30 goals. The B's have had only one 30 goal man in the past two years. Plays all the important minutes (not just PP) and has a resonable cap hit considering we give Ryder 4mill to be a third line ghost. Paired with Chara he could dominate...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471242&season=20092010&view=log

His stats against Montreal in 10' don't indicate to me that he was terrible he logged about 25 minutes a game. Again if the price were right I'd make the move but the price would be high.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

If by Mike Green you mean Keith Yandle, then let's make a deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The only way I see the Bruins getting him if it were a salary dump.  I don't see the Caps gibing up on him.  If anyone is on the chopping blocks in DC its gotta be Semin.  6.7 for that stiff.  He is the next coming of Kovalev

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The only way I see the Bruins getting him if it were a salary dump.  I don't see the Caps gibing up on him.  If anyone is on the chopping blocks in DC its gotta be Semin.  6.7 for that stiff.  He is the next coming of Kovalev
    Posted by shuperman

So you don't think Hamill and the rights to Kaberle (until July 1st) would do it....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Um...no.  Why on earth would they replace a better player with Kaberle.  The Caps are stacked in just about every position. They need a 2nd line center and a brute on defense.  I don't think we can afford to part with DK.  And they wouldnt want anyone on our back end other than Z.   Before I get a comment.
    Wideman, Green, Alzner, Carlson, Schultz, Poti, JE all under contract for next year. 

They could easily part with Green.  Add a 2nd line center and be a very solid team again next year.  Problem is there are no good top notch centers outside of Richards. 

Maybe Green to a team in the west like SJ where they have plenty of centers in their top 9. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Um...no.  Why on earth would they replace a better player with Kaberle.  The Caps are stacked in just about every position. They need a 2nd line center and a brute on defense.  I don't think we can afford to part with DK.  And they wouldnt want anyone on our back end other than Z.   Before I get a comment. Wideman, Green, Alzner, Carlson, Schultz, Poti, JE all under contract for next year.  They could easily part with Green.  Add a 2nd line center and be a very solid team again next year.  Problem is there are no good top notch centers outside of Richards.  Maybe Green to a team in the west like SJ where they have plenty of centers in their top 9. 
    Posted by shuperman

I know...I was just joking....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Problem is there are no good top notch centers outside of Richards. 
    Posted by shuperman

Well, there is always Thomas and Rask.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

NO! He does not match our type of game at all. If we're going to get anybody from the Caps, give me Brooksie!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Agreed on Brooks and he is a UFA and we have money and players coming off the books.  He is my 1st option to replace Recchi/Ryder

jmw- sorry.  ya never know on here.

Sections
Shortcuts