Can we get Luke Shenn for Sturm +

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

Can we get Luke Shenn for Sturm +

Toronto is tanking again tonight
    Shenn looks good tonight
    We need help back there
    What does everyone else think

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Re: Can we get Luke Shenn for Sturm +

Schenn is probably the best Leaf right now and a cornerstone on the team.

I don't think he's going anywhere.

Having said that, who the phluck knows with this team these days....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Why do we need help with defense? Have I missed something for the last 3 years? The current 6 are as good as anybodys 6 d-men in the league.

The Bruins need a true bonified sniper. Which is costly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

if the bruins do not add a skilled dman they will have to rely on Kampfer and or other top Defensive prospects for up to 8 weeks with Stuart out...I personally would not mind giving some prospects a chance as a 6th dman but that doesn't seem to be the Bruins style unless they absolutely need to

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Can we get Luke Schenn for Sturm +? No. You can get a dozen doughnuts (sorry, no fancies) for Sturm. To pry Schenn away, the "+" would have to be quite significant

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Okay let me humor this thread . Besides the fact that the Leafs 7th overall from the 1st round a few years back is by far their best Defense.... enough said on this topic.
    Schenn is an excellent D-man but he's not the type the Bruins need. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You may remember that Burke said the only player he would not part with in order to move up and draft Toronto boy John Tavares was Luke Schenn.  I remember watching that draft and someone making overtures on Schenn.  Burke turned to his lieutenant (whose name escapes me) and said "we can't trade Schenn now, we'd look like idiots."

He can't trade Schenn now.  He'd look like an idiot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Brian Burke believes Luke Schenn is going to be a superstar.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Toronto is loaded with older, overpaid defensemen that Burke would love to get rid of.  No way will he move the young, cheap guy with tons of talent and potential.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Let me see here 1st round draft pick 2009 for a first round pick unknown?  Not a strength in trade talk.  Unless you include something of worth.  Wheeler and the Bs first round pick maybe.  Too much imo.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I am a Bruins fan who lives in the Toronto area and I am always giving leaf fans a hard time about suggesting trades like this except the other way around.  Burke is a jerk and I still think the Kessel trade was a little stupid for the leafs (good for the Bruins) but he is not that stupid.  Sturm is an average forward who is old and injury prone.  Schenn is a solid young defenseman with potential.  Burke would have to lose his mind and then he would lose his job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Dave Nonis.  It came back to me.  He turned to Dave Nonis and said...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

No trading with the Leafs. Period. Let the sleeping dogs lay at the door matt of the NHL where they belong ! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Prior to the game on TSN (here in Canada) last night they were talking about toronto looking for a legit first line center.   What GM's told the reports down while down in the GM meetings this week was that the price would be Luke Schenn for a first line center and that Toronto doesn't have any other assets that would warrant such a player in return.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Another flighty proposal. Schenn will stay in Toronto. Sturm will head back to the Western conf. where speed is an asset, don't think the LA deal is dead. Kamfer played well, so who else on the backline should go?? Ference?? Boychuck?? Seidenberg [ he played well with Kamfer] ?? McQuaid [ he also played well}?? There are other weaknesses that need to be resolved. Why keep Thornton? Recchi would be better on the 4th line; less tiring ice time; use also on PP . Something needs to be done with Rex as he is no\ longer a solid, full-time asset for Bergeron's line. Wheler, definitely better this year when he plays center which the B's do not need, so send him out for Whatever and bring back Arneil and Caron. The capabilities are in-house as long as Claude doesn't screw them up with restrictions

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

then Burke is sadly mistaken. Shenn is a turnover machine and not very skilled offensively. Did you see him give it a Lightning player last week who took it up ice for the winner it overtime?

Sections
Shortcuts