Canada Cup documentary / Vancouver fans?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Canada Cup documentary / Vancouver fans?

In Response to Re: Canada Cup documentary / Vancouver fans?:
    [QUOTE]Silver medal to Canada is complete and total failure, and yes we have had many failures.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

See I don't get this attitude. Yes we invented the game, but we exported it. It's not "our" game anymore. In any given year there are 6-8 countries that can win at international competition. To me that's a sign of international success - that we've given something to the world that has been embraced by so many - not failure.

How is being outplayed by the likes of Chara, Lidstrom, or Malkin, complete and total failure? That makes no sense and it strikes me as an entitled and arrogant attitude.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canada Cup documentary / Vancouver fans? : See I don't get this attitude. Yes we invented the game, but we exported it. It's not "our" game anymore. In any given year there are 6-8 countries that can win at international competition. To me that's a sign of international success - that we've given something to the world that has been embraced by so many - not failure. How is being outplayed by the likes of Chara, Lidstrom, or Malkin, complete and total failure? That makes no sense and it strikes me as an entitled and arrogant attitude.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE] I always respect your posts, u seem to know your stuff. I am speeking on behalf off canadian fans in general here. if we do not finnish first we are not happy fans. What part of that do u not get? Your talking stuff that has nothing to do with my comment. I'm talking canadian attitude towards losing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Canada loses tournaments all the time. I couldn't care less who beats us out. if we finnish 2nd or 8th your still losers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canada Cup documentary / Vancouver fans? : I always respect your posts, u seem to know your stuff. I am speeking on behalf off canadian fans in general here. if we do not finnish first we are not happy fans. What part of that do u not get? Your talking stuff that has nothing to do with my comment. I'm talking canadian attitude towards losing. 
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

No you're talking your attitude towards losing at the National level, and I agree that alot of fans and players share it. But I think it's an antiquated opinion to have. There is just far too much parity now at the international level.

To me finishing out of the medals is the disappointment, but given the strength of the game worldwide now, I'm going to turn my nose up at a silver or bronze. My comment had everything to do with your comment.

Now, on the women's side it's different due to the lack of international parity. The only team that can challenge Canada consistently is the USA. Due that lack of parity, anything less than gold in that case, is losing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canada Cup documentary / Vancouver fans? : Now, on the women's side it's different due to the lack of international parity. The only team that can challenge Canada consistently is the USA. Due that lack of parity, anything less than gold in that case, is losing.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

More proof that it's a stupid concept.  If only two groups (in this case, countries) can play it at a high level, it's irrelevant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canada Cup documentary / Vancouver fans? :Yes we invented the game, but we exported it.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure the game was invented in Canada.  In fact, no one is sure where it was invented.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

While there are questions about it, and that it evolved from other games, particularly from Iceland, First Nations, and the UK, I've never seen one article that doubts the games of shinny and early hockey developped in Canada - though there are questions as to where.

There isn't any doubt though that modern hockey was born in Montreal - first indoor game, and first use of a modern puck - in 1875.

Sections
Shortcuts