Canada vs Russia

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Canada vs Russia

Dougie Hamilton with the PP winner & Subban in net as Canada wins the first game 3-2 in the Summit Series revisited.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Canada vs Russia

Video of Malcom Subban talking about be rewarded with the team cape after the first game.

http://watch.tsn.ca/international-hockey/#clip736589

Edit: I guess you will have to select the video after clicking the link.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Canada vs Russia:
    Any online lniks to watch the games?
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup

www.cramwalnutsyouamericanidiot.com

:-)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Canada vs Russia : HA! I am in maine wich might as well be canada where I am if you go east or west or norh a ways Canada is on the boarder. Despite your hate for the States I got nothing but love for Canada. I wll be the bigger person and the adult on this board as usual settig a good example for my fellow posters to follow. Keep it up and Hulkamainia is gone get you BROTHER! http://youtu.be/VFwXmz1KGoQ

I am kidding and you being the bigger person is refreshing.  Maine is a nice place to drive through on the way to Boston.  No hate for the US.  Much love as well.  Again...I have lived in Virginia and Kansas...I would love to live in Boston or have a place in Boston.  Its my favorite place on earth. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Canada vs Russia : HA! I am in maine wich might as well be canada where I am if you go east or west or norh a ways Canada is on the boarder. Despite your hate for the States I got nothing but love for Canada. I wll be the bigger person and the adult on this board as usual settig a good example for my fellow posters to follow. Keep it up and Hulkamainia is gone get you BROTHER! http://youtu.be/VFwXmz1KGoQ

Hey a fellow Mainer. Toothpick capital of the world.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Canada vs Russia : Hey a fellow Mainer. Toothpick capital of the world.
    Posted by Bisson1

You keep it up bc you are quickly becoming a favorite of mine.  Not that it matters. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Canada vs Russia : I am kidding and you being the bigger person is refreshing.  Maine is a nice place to drive through on the way to Boston.  No hate for the US.  Much love as well.  Again...I have lived in Virginia and Kansas...I would love to live in Boston or have a place in Boston.  Its my favorite place on earth. 
    Posted by shuperman

He's the bigger person because he loves you. 

And you aren't allowed to live in Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Canada vs Russia : He's the bigger person because he loves you.  And you aren't allowed to live in Boston.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I guess in cases like this it's good to be Canadian and only have hockey as the only thing to do up here. We enjoyed the game and thank you TSN. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...and no one is updating today's game.  Subban out in favour of Lagace, and Hamilton looking awkward and out of position on at least three goals against (plus he was on for the ENG).  Not an awe-inspiring performance.  The kind of thing that, if you're in the "what more does he have to learn?" camp, answers that question.

I'll say this, though - bizarre rotation on the PK to pressure the puck carrier.  Back door was almost always open, and the pressure was always late.  And Hamilton playing RD ended up pressuring the left boards at the bottom of the circle before the goal.  What an odd scheme - or maybe just very odd execution of a normal scheme?  Hamilton also crossed up Murphy and chased the play way out to the corner on the other two goals.  Unlike some offensive D-men, his risk isn't so much the give-away on the soft pass or the high-risk play; he lacks patience.  Doens't let the play come to him enough.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

...and no one is updating today's game.  Subban out in favour of Lagace, and Hamilton looking awkward and out of position on at least three goals against (plus he was on for the ENG).  Not an awe-inspiring performance.  The kind of thing that, if you're in the "what more does he have to learn?" camp, answers that question. I'll say this, though - bizarre rotation on the PK to pressure the puck carrier.  Back door was almost always open, and the pressure was always late.  And Hamilton playing RD ended up pressuring the left boards at the bottom of the circle before the goal.  What an odd scheme - or maybe just very odd execution of a normal scheme?  Hamilton also crossed up Murphy and chased the play way out to the corner on the other two goals.  Unlike some offensive D-men, his risk isn't so much the give-away on the soft pass or the high-risk play; he lacks patience.  Doens't let the play come to him enough.
    Posted by Bookboy007

We'll see how well Subban does in his next start. Didn't get to see the game but will watch the replay, paying particular attention to #4.(;

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This comment has nothing to do with the action on the ice but........did anyone else notice the camera work for these 2 games ? Man, was it bad at times. It was either TSN's "F" team working the feed or a Russian camera man with one hand on the camera while holding a glass of vodka with the other.

Play at the top of the screen along the boards gave us only their legs. While other times the puck was nowhere near what was on camera.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Go back 10 years ago and tell yourself that you'll be bent about shoddy camera work in a Canada v. Russia game in Russia.

You'll punch yourself in the mouth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Canada vs Russia : He's the bigger person because he loves you.  And you aren't allowed to live in Boston.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Find me a summer shack down there somewhere then. We are poor Canadians can't afford spots in Boston.  You are safe. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

In Response to Re: Canada vs Russia : Find me a summer shack down there somewhere then. We are poor Canadians can't afford spots in Boston.  You are safe. 
    Posted by shuperman

Nas can just hang a hammock in the back yard with some good Canadian soda pops.

GOAT!!!

Sections
Shortcuts