Canada's Olympic Goalie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Canada's Olympic Goalie

Right now my choice bar none is Josh Harding! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Re: Canada's Olympic Goalie

would be a nice story anyway.

crazy that the goaltending is so weak relative to the rest of that roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to mattymcgee55's comment:

Simply not true.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Carey Price.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Simply not true.  

Yes it is! It's a crying shame how Canada's goaltending has gone into the toilet compared to the rest of world! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Carey Price.

Harding playing on a sub .500 team is blowing away every single Canadian goalie in every catagory. Price hasn't shown anything near that he can be trusted. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Simply not true.  

Yes it is! It's a crying shame how Canada's goaltending has gone into the toilet compared to the rest of world! 

Go look at the stats for this year.  Any category.  There are canadians in everyone.  The Hawks currently have the stanley cup winning goalie on their roster and hes not supposed to make it.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NOB, ever think why this may be true?  The CHL has talked about limiting export goalies coming into the league.  I would hope this would be a start.  Let them play in their own stinky leagues against sub par talent and see how they fair.  They come here, play in the best league, get the best training and then steal jobs.  

I put no stock in how a goalie does in one year.  They are so all over the place that finding a good consistant goalie is near impossible.  Show me a great system and i will show you a good goalie.  

Anderson, awesome in colarado, bad in colorado, traded awesome in ottawa, terrible in ottawa.  mason, fleury, bryz, price, halak, elliott, bulin, nabokov, etc etc etc.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Harding playing on a sub .500 team is blowing away every single Canadian goalie in every catagory. Price hasn't shown anything near that he can be trusted. 

Trusted?

How's Harding for being trusted?

Injured last season

2011:  34gp  .917 SV%

2009:  25, .905

2008:  19, .929

2007:  29, .908

Career:  .918

He's had a great run to start the season.  He's not Hasek.

Or how about Harding's 25 game season three years ago:  .905 SV%

2007-08?  .908 SV%

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Carey Price.

Yep.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Carey Price.

Yep.

Double yup.  We have agreed on this for a while.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Earlier I read the job was Luong's to lose.  If that's the case I think Price will be the one who takes it from him.  2.05 GAA. 936 SV% so far this year on a 10-9 team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Simply not true.  

Since 2000, 9 stanley cup winning goalies all Canadian. loungo has the 2010 gold medal.  Im not worried.  

Price Loungo Smith are favored to go.  Im very comfy with these 3.   Why you ask?   Oh duncan keith partnered with drew, how about weber paired with peitrangelo.  

i cant wait for that hockey.  Its gonna be awesome.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Earlier I read the job was Luong's to lose.  If that's the case I think Price will be the one who takes it from him.  2.05 GAA. 936 SV% so far this year on a 10-9 team.

Loungo has had a very nice bounce back year as well.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Loungo has had a very nice bounce back year as well.  

True, Shupe.  Probably helps the Schneider/Luongo stuff is behind him.  Still think Price is the better choice. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Only seen Luongo a couple of times this year, so I can't say how he has looked but I think it was given he'd have a bounce back year with Torterella now the coach. Wouldn't shock me if they took Fleury over Smith.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Go look at the stats for this year.  Any category.  There are canadians in everyone.  The Hawks currently have the stanley cup winning goalie on their roster and hes not supposed to make it.  

They tend to look for who's playing well at the time rather than who has the rep, or at least they want a combination of the two.  Right now, this would end the conversation on Crawford:

Corey Crawford - 2.50, .907.

Chad Johnson - 2.30, .917.

Steve Mason - 2.13, .931.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

They tend to look for who's playing well at the time rather than who has the rep, or at least they want a combination of the two.  Right now, this would end the conversation on Crawford:

Corey Crawford - 2.50, .907.

Chad Johnson - 2.30, .917.

Steve Mason - 2.13, .931.

Brodeur has played very well this past month, if he keeps this up I wonder if they put him as the third goalie as kind of  a lifetime achievment award. Watched him a few times asa well, looks like he's tapped into the fountain of youth as well, moving well, seems to have made some adjustments to his game to compensate for the age.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Vintage Tim Thomas shut down the burning Avalanche last night with only a fluke deflected goal getting by him.

Quick's hurt.  Miller sucks.

Thomas for USA?  Damn right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Vintage Tim Thomas shut down the burning Avalanche last night with only a fluke deflected goal getting by him.

32nd in GA and 28th in SA%.  Plus he'll probably be hurt another 3 times between now and Sochi.  A lot would have to happen for him to get there but it would be a great story if he does.  Even if he is a d1ck.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Right now i have to admit that Price is ahead and redhot I was watching the game last night and NYR would have easily won the game something like 4-0 or even 5-0 but Price was really hot and the game ended 1-0 because of him.....will he be still hot in a couple of months from now ?   Who knows...but if the Olympic games would start today I would go with Price.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

And thats a groin/hammy injury. Not sure how serious but those can be season killers.

Thomas' numbers are obviously what they are, but I've seen him play and he's let in a few bad ones, made some unreal stops etc..but the last few games his game is coming around. He knows Quick is hurt, Miller is struggling, I'd keep an eye on him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Carey Price has played 17 games with .936 SV%, pretty damn good.

Quick will be ready, no way does he misses the Olympics. Plenty of time to get in shape.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You mean the Avs who, after their improbable start, remembered that they're the Avalanche, Giguere is older than bogie, and Roy is a loon?  Team now on a three game skid?  Their O has gone cold and their D has given up 4.33 GA/G over that skid.  And Thomas is still looking up at Miller, Howard and Schneider.  Miller has the better s% even on a bad team, and he was the all-star Olympic goalie four years ago, so that will count for something.  I'm also not going to be surprised if he looks a lot better for Ted Nolan than he did for Ron Rolston.

If Thomas goes, it's going to feel a bit like a Hail Mary move.  Can he get hot and be that vintage Thomas?  Sure.  But he's all over the board this year - bricks up the net against the Avs, Ducks and Hawks, but loses against lesser lights like Philly, the Rangers and Wild.  Maybe the play is go with him and see which Thomas you get.  Maybe even let him know - short leash, Tim, so make it count....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Simply not true.  

Simply not true? So the star studded back end and ridiculously talented forwards are not much stronger than the goaltending? Please, the floor is yours.

Sections
Shortcuts